Black students demand Berkeley to rename hall after cop killer.

I just looked up the race statistics for Berkeley...Blacks account for right at 3% of the student population. So, just to be clear, these students that make up 3% of the population want their own hall, a total of 8 black only faculty members just for them - and a meeting hall just for them.
Looking at the student race data - there are 10 other races that are not white.
So of course that means that Berkeley should build 10 new halls, employ 80 new faculty members and 10 new meetings halls for each race.

- Again, you just can't make this sh*t up.

You just showed that you can indeed make this up.

You just can't make this sh*t up.
You have to watch the video.
Among that insane request...they want :
Black counsellors to talk to black students
Black only meeting place
Black admission officers to admit black students
Black psychologist to mentor black students
Black athletic trainers/advisors for black students

So how is this not racist?

Students demand UC Berkeley rename building after cop killer Latest News Videos Fox News
Because thats not what "racist" means.

If white students wanted to only be counselled by white counselors, demanded to disallow black people into meetings, wanted white only Athletic trainers - you would, obviously, not say that.
You are being disingenuous...bad thing is you are smart enough to know it.

Black only meeting place

Students demand UC Berkeley rename building after cop killer Latest News Videos Fox News

If white students wanted to only be counselled by white counselors, demanded to disallow black people into meetings, wanted white only Athletic trainers - you would, obviously, not say that.

Definitions dont change based on circumstances

Black only meeting place

If white students felt as if they were not having their needs met due to racial problems I would not consider such a request racist. Racist means that you believe a certain race is superior or another inferior. Wanting to be around your own people is not racist unless that criteria is met. If the Black students were saying they didnt want to be around white people because they felt whites were beneath them then you would have a point.

If white students felt as if they were not having their needs met due to racial problems I would not consider such a request racist. Racist means that you believe a certain race is superior or another inferior. Wanting to be around your own people is not racist unless that criteria is met. If the Black students were saying they didnt want to be around white people because they felt whites were beneath them then you would have a point.
And an all male list of demands wouldn't be sexist. Sure.

Semantics aside it is racial discrimination and what kind of special needs to blacks have? Somehow a whole lot of them managed without segregating themselves from other races. It's a stupid idea and should have just been laughed at when it was brought up.

Semantics aside it is racial discrimination and what kind of special needs to blacks have? Somehow a whole lot of them managed without segregating themselves from other races. It's a stupid idea and should have just been laughed at when it was brought up.
Why would an all male list of demands be sexist?

No its not racial discrimination. The fact you have to ask what kind of special needs Blacks have is a great example of why they are asking for all Black support system. Its a brilliant idea that should be applauded and accommodated by the school.

Black only meeting place

So you are a segregationist?

No its not racial discrimination. The fact you have to ask what kind of special needs Blacks have is a great example of why they are asking for all Black support system. Its a brilliant idea that should be applauded and accommodated by the school.
The fact that you couldn't answer my question proves it's bullshit.

Black only meeting place

So you are a segregationist?
No. I'm a separatist where needed.

The fact that you couldn't answer my question proves it's bullshit.
Yes your question was bullshit.

Okay, so I have misjudged the height of your hilarious idealism.
If this is a good policy, to hire 8 additional full-time staff members for 3% of the student population, rename a building, and provide special accommodation for meetings - then you must do this for the 11 different races that Berkeley recognizes.
Now, the best way to make sure all races are accommodated, it should go by percentage of population.
Whites are only 27% of the students...so if 8 are needed for 3% - then Berkely should immediately hire an additional 194 staff members, all race-specific, to ensure that all races are treated equal.
Yes, this makes perfect sense.

God you people are dumb.
Sorry, I am not usually so insulting, but this is just over the top stupid.

If this is a good policy, to hire 8 additional full-time staff members for 3% of the student population, rename a building, and provide special accommodation for meetings - then you must do this for the 11 different races that Berkeley recognizes.
Now, the best way to make sure all races are accommodated, it should go by percentage of population.
Whites are only 27% of the students...so if 8 are needed for 3% - then Berkely should immediately hire an additional 194 staff members, all race-specific, to ensure that all races are treated equal.

God you people are dumb.

Uh ... Asslips is jerking your chain ... Same as he does when anyone mentions racial issues.
He will tirelessly wait for you to get so frustrated that you post something he can get mildly offended by ... Then he will start referring to you as "cave monkey" or some derivative thereof.

Pursue onward with him as long as you understand that his intent is to frustrate you ... Not to make sense of anything ... And it seems to be working.

God you people are dumb.
I have misjudged the depths of your ignorance. What makes you think the school must do anything? If a specific race/ethnic group requests such support then and only then should they do anything. Your assumption that all races would want this is silly to say the least.

God you people are dumb.

Uh ... Asslips is jerking your chain ... Same as he does when anyone mentions racial issues.
He will tirelessly wait for you to get so frustrated that you post something he can get mildly offended by ... Then he will start referring to you as "cave monkey" or some derivative thereof.

Pursue onward with him as long as you understand that his intent is to frustrate you ... Not to make sense of anything ... And it seems to be working.

Dont assume your experience with frustration is the same thing everyone else will experience. I'm not jerking anyones chain. As long as people dont turn into racists I wont call them a cave monkey. Once you cross that line in frustration then yes I will mock them as I must have done to you.

Dont assume your experience with frustration is the same thing everyone else will experience. I'm not jerking anyones chain. As long as people dont turn into racists I wont call them a cave monkey. Once you cross that line in frustration then yes I will mock them as I must have done to you.

I wasn't talking to you ... Nor do I need your input Asslips.
I posted exactly what you just confirmed ... So shut the fuck up since you obviously agree.

I posted exactly what you just confirmed ... So shut the fuck up since you obviously agree.

Not really concerned if you were talking to me. Yes you need my input and regardless of if you want it or not you are going to get it. Its obvious you are suffering from long term butthurtitis but I cant remember what for.

Not really concerned if you were talking to me. Yes you need my input and regardless of if you want it or not you are going to get it. Its obvious you are suffering from long term butthurtitis but I cant remember what for.

Look ... We don't need you to convince us that your crusade is full of crap.
If you think your charade indicates buthurt on anyone else's part other than your own ... Well, I am not going to convince you otherwise.

Carry on with your little self if that gets your jollies off.

Forum List

Back