black mothers sues la school over cotton picking project

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

the mother says the school grew a hold field cotton over night and had her kids class go out and pic cotton too see what is was like to be a slave. the school says it was vegetable garden that the school had the offending plant removed. The school has always had garden that the kids grew vegetables it is tradition. Just feels like the black woman is exaggerating a school garden project and mixing up with assignment on read a book on fredrick douglas.

She acting like whole cotton field appeared on day out of know were. you cant grow on that fast and get rid of it in a day. and her daughter was only one offended. this thing smells so bad,. i think she is having fit over a veggie garden..

the mother says the school grew a hold field cotton over night and had her kids class go out and pic cotton too see what is was like to be a slave. the school says it was vegetable garden that the school had the offending plant removed. The school has always had garden that the kids grew vegetables it is tradition. Just feels like the black woman is exaggerating a school garden project and mixing up with assignment on read a book on fredrick douglas.
What bullshit. You know how it goes. Your parents tell you they had to walk to school three miles, uphill both ways. Walked behind a mule, and spent all day in the cotton fields picking cotton. At twelve I was tired of it. I was in the cotton field at the crack of dawn and I picked cotton until the sun went down. Over 500 pounds, which is over twice what the average slave took it. And from the rows I worked you couldn't find enough cotton to make a Q-tip. To this day, passing a cotton field that has been mechanically harvested depresses the hell out of me. Too much white in those fields.

I bet it was the part where the teacher pulled out a whip and began whipping the students that got the parents upset.
Everyone knows that teachers should only use whips when they’re fucking their underage students.

What bullshit. You know how it goes. Your parents tell you they had to walk to school three miles, uphill both ways. Walked behind a mule, and spent all day in the cotton fields picking cotton. At twelve I was tired of it. I was in the cotton field at the crack of dawn and I picked cotton until the sun went down. Over 500 pounds, which is over twice what the average slave took it. And from the rows I worked you couldn't find enough cotton to make a Q-tip. To this day, passing a cotton field that has been mechanically harvested depresses the hell out of me. Too much white in those fields.
l.ol

So now kids are not supposed to learn about the history of working in the cotton fields. Is there any US history which is acceptable to teach children any more?

So now kids are not supposed to learn about the history of working in the cotton fields. Is there any US history which is acceptable to teach children any more?
only in the racist crt way. we must keep fighting.

If I was the judge who was forced to hear this case, I’d immediately dismiss it with prejudice and fine the mother $500.00 for wasting the court’s time. I’d then giver her the option to work the fine by doing a public service activity at minimum wage.

Forum List

Back