Black man enslaved by white manager for years should get more than $500,000, court says

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
John "Jack" Christopher Smith, who was enslaved for five years at a Conway restaurant, could be getting more than $500,000 in restitution, more than double his original amount, after an appellate court ruled the district court didn't give him enough based on federal labor laws.

For five years - from 2009 to 2014 - Bobby Edwards, the manager of J&J Cafeteria in Conway effectively enslaved Chris Smith forcing him to work at the restaurant over 100 hours per week without pay, according to court documents.

In the court documents, Smith spoke with WPDE about his case and what happened to him.

He deserves that money. I don't know how he actually gets that money.

John "Jack" Christopher Smith, who was enslaved for five years at a Conway restaurant, could be getting more than $500,000 in restitution, more than double his original amount, after an appellate court ruled the district court didn't give him enough based on federal labor laws.

For five years - from 2009 to 2014 - Bobby Edwards, the manager of J&J Cafeteria in Conway effectively enslaved Chris Smith forcing him to work at the restaurant over 100 hours per week without pay, according to court documents.

In the court documents, Smith spoke with WPDE about his case and what happened to him.

Give him the restaurant and the man's house

at some point its his fault or that of the people taking care of him,,

Once the the court issues a judgment then you can contract with a judgment recovery firm to collect the judgment if the defendant (now debtor) has any assets that can be attached.

The plaintiff can also file motions or the judgment recovery firm can file them on his behalf to basically force his compliance with a debtor's hearing where they have to bring in all of their financial records, account for all assets, etc. so that the judgment creditor can ascertain what assets they make stake claim to.

There are other things that can be done in order to "persuade" the debtor to pay the judgment but this guy is not without options.

Nobody was taking care of him, and with an IQ of 70, he couldn't take care of himself.

Nobody was taking care of him, and with an IQ of 70, he couldn't take care of himself.
where were his parents and where was he living/sleeping??

might be why its only 500K

speaking of which - who helps you?

It's hard to believe someone can be so evil as to do that to someone who is mentally handicapped,

speaking of which - who helps you?
If I was currently inclined to make a silly off subject insulting remark like yours, I might respond with something like " your m***** ", but since I know that would be against the rules, I won't.

Should have ordered triple damages, but probably the perp didn't have the assets to pay anyway. Get a transcript of the court trial and find out.

Black People in the US Were Enslaved Well into the 1960s​

No problem, since black people have no problems with slavery and being a violent pimp is considered a high class profession among hood rats. Pistol whipping pregnant women during home invasions is another greatly admired career path in black 'culture'. Those get big giant murals and town squares named after them in big cities across the nation.

Should have ordered triple damages, but probably the perp didn't have the assets to pay anyway. Get a transcript of the court trial and find out.
I don't have the cash to throw down on random transcripts. But, if I did then I would absolutely do it.

Forum List

Back