Black female fails test but still gets firefighter job. Injured 10 days later.

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
She got DOUBLE affirmative action since she's black and female. Some more qualified white male got cheated out of this job.

A firefighter who was allowed to graduate the Fire Academy despite failing physical tests has already gone out on medical leave — just 10 days into the job, The Post has learned.

Probationary firefighter Choeurlyne Doirin-Holder injured herself Monday while conducting a routine check of equipment at Queens’ Engine 308 in South Richmond Hill. Getting off the truck, Doirin-Holder missed a step and landed on her left foot, suffering a fracture, sources said.

Since she was injured on duty, she is eligible for a disability pension that would pay three-quarters of her annual salary, tax-free, if deemed unfit to return.

In an online FDNY forum, firefighters fumed at the preferential treatment.

“If you can’t meet the standards, you are a danger to yourself, the public and most importantly everyone operating on the fire ground who is doing their job,” one wrote.

• Banned
You have to wonder if she just made up the injury to get the disability pay. Or maybe she'll sue the fire department now for giving her work they admit she was unqualified for!!!.

Triple jeopardy: female, black, and dumb/not qualified. No wonder she was "injured" within three days, and surprised it wasn't sooner. Can't you just hear the whines now, "I can't (won't) do this, it's too difficult for me".

• Banned
We need to get rid of affirmative action and replace it with a merit based system. You pass = you're in. But these will be real standards and you will be competing against other people head to head.

THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!

I think Affirmative Action discriminated far more against minorities than whites. It placed them into a "special category" and this denied them the requirement of working harder to gain acceptance.

Now they are just so-so and everyone else knows it.

She got DOUBLE affirmative action since she's black and female. Some more qualified white male got cheated out of this job.

A firefighter who was allowed to graduate the Fire Academy despite failing physical tests has already gone out on medical leave — just 10 days into the job, The Post has learned.

Probationary firefighter Choeurlyne Doirin-Holder injured herself Monday while conducting a routine check of equipment at Queens’ Engine 308 in South Richmond Hill. Getting off the truck, Doirin-Holder missed a step and landed on her left foot, suffering a fracture, sources said.

Since she was injured on duty, she is eligible for a disability pension that would pay three-quarters of her annual salary, tax-free, if deemed unfit to return.

In an online FDNY forum, firefighters fumed at the preferential treatment.

“If you can’t meet the standards, you are a danger to yourself, the public and most importantly everyone operating on the fire ground who is doing their job,” one wrote.
The standards were created by men for men. When her ankle is healed she'll be back, little hater.

I think Affirmative Action discriminated far more against minorities than whites. It placed them into a "special category" and this denied them the requirement of working harder to gain acceptance.

Now they are just so-so and everyone else knows it.

Sure. It gave them a chance to really advance their race and they failed and they can't blame their failure on racism. Even with tons of special treatment, they can't make it.

That job should've have gone to some firefighters kid!!

Do you think only men 6 foot and taller should be fire fighters ?

The standards were created by men for men. When her ankle is healed she'll be back, little hater.

Not too many women can carry a 200 pound man out of a burning building.

Damn it, there I go living in reality land again.
Can they carry a 60 pound child? That is the only reason an adult should ever run into a burning building. Fuck the adults.

How many firefighters can do that ? They have these tests, but once you are in they don't test again . How many fat fucking cops and fireman do you see around ? Plenty .

How many firefighters can do that ?

The vast majority

They have these tests, but once you are in they don't test again .

They constantly train and do drill work

How many fat fucking cops and fireman do you see around ? Plenty .

Being fat doesn't mean you can't pick up a 200 pound person.

The fact of the matter is she failed the test that everyone else has to pass, for a reason, but they let her in anyway because of her race and gender. That puts people's lives in danger. You can make feeble attempts to justify their reckless decision all day long, but at the end of the day you will continue to be wrong. Hopefully, nobody pays the price for it.

They don't have to pass the tests over and over . That's a fact .

If you want to bring up standards fine, just be consistant about it.

Do you think there should be no women fire fighters ?

Forum List

Back