black army man shot by cops

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

wife called the cops on this duded he was runninhg round nuts with a gun not complying with police and they shiot him . got the gun away and he diedl. justified you ak me. course the black family is going statt Another blm burn session. here we go again

wife called the cops on this duded he was runninhg round nuts with a gun not complying with police and they shiot him . got the gun away and he diedl. justified you ak me. course the black family is going statt Another blm burn session. here we go again

Shame. You have to be an idiot to call the police for help with a mentally issued family person running around with a gun! Now they are referring the matter to the AG.

Had they just shot him in the gut and taken him to the hospital to recover and get help, they wouldn't be having that problem.

Had they just shot him in the gut and taken him to the hospital to recover and get help, they wouldn't be having that problem.
There are multiple less than lethal options that can be used. You are expecting cops to act like professionals rather than gangsters though.

There are multiple less than lethal options that can be used. You are expecting cops to act like professionals rather than gangsters though.

I know. I'm trained in firearms, martial arts and physical anatomy. I've been in a few situations where I COULD have shot and killed someone but instead chose to diffuse the situation and succeeded and settled the matter without hurting anyone. But it has always been funny here--- any time I bring up the need for LEO to be better trained and having more options for non-lethal methods, I always run into at least one yokel here who tries to ridicule me for even suggesting it!

Yeah...if you have a nut job in your house who likes playing with guns...don't call the cops unless you want them dead.

I know. I'm trained in firearms, martial arts and physical anatomy. I've been in a few situations where I COULD have shot and killed someone but instead chose to diffuse the situation and succeeded and settled the matter without hurting anyone. But it has always been funny here--- any time I bring up the need for LEO to be better trained and having more options for non-lethal methods, I always run into at least one yokel here who tries to ridicule me for even suggesting it!
That's because you are being unrealistic.

If you draw down on the police, the police are going to shoot ..... regardless of race or ethnicity.

He was leaving the house with a gun.

Police stopped him in his driveway and he drew down on them.

That's because the police are not trained in these things. They should have come with someone who was a trained psychologist who knew how to deal with hostage situations and the like. Instead, they showed their badges and guns, came on as a big authority and threat, tried to direct by typical threat and intimidation and predictably, the man saw them as a threat in his confused state and aimed at them.

One of the few things I agreed with out of what happened last year is for police forces to have more people trained in these sorts of things.

No department's policy mandates non-lethal devices when a subject has a gun. It would be dangerous for the officers to have one.

It's unfortunate that Major Dale was killed, but...he had a gun in his hand. The cops couldn't wait til he shot someone to take him out.

That's because the police are not trained in these things. They should have come with someone who was a trained psychologist who knew how to deal with hostage situations and the like. Instead, they showed their badges and guns, came on as a big authority and threat, tried to direct by typical threat and intimidation and predictably, the man saw them as a threat in his confused state and aimed at them.

One of the few things I agreed with out of what happened last year is for police forces to have more people trained in these sorts of things.
So the negotiater could get shot?

No department's policy mandates non-lethal devices when a subject has a gun. It would be dangerous for the officers to have one.

It's unfortunate that Major Dale was killed, but...he had a gun in his hand. The cops couldn't wait til he shot someone to take him out.
A bean bag round from a safe distance would have ended that situation.

Funny how that always seems to be their only option. Not just that, but a shot that is not only fatal, but they empty the magazines into people still shooting after they are face down in a pool of blood.
Clearly ... for people who are looking at this case realistically .... it was their ONLY option.

It
A bean bag round from a safe distance would have ended that situation.
It would have knocked him down and he could still fire his pistol. That man was a United States soldier, a highly trained fighter. That bean bag wouldn't have done jack shit. That's like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

That man was a United States soldier, a highly trained fighter. That bean bag wouldn't have done jack shit.
Have you ever been hit by a bean bag round or three? I promise if the first one didn't incapacitate him the second or third would. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

Forum List

Back