Bipartisan Senate vote repeals Joe Biden's vaccine mandate

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Biden's fascist mandate rejected yet again, this time by members of his own party along with Republican opposition.

The fascist Biden regime is crumbling.

The U.S. Senate voted 52-48 in favor of repealing President Joe Biden’s federal vaccine mandate for private businesses in what amounts to a symbolic blow to his administration.

Keeping true to their word, moderate Sens. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Jon Tester (D-MT) sided with Republicans to repeal the mandate under the “Congressional Review Act,” which would allow Congress to review executive orders. Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN), who sponsored the bill, said the Biden policy had “Main Street scared.”

“It’s got Main Street America scared,” Braun said. “They’re worried about, well, what does this mean on other issues? Anybody who thinks this is a good idea, imagine the next time it happens when you’re on the wrong side on whatever the merits of the case would be.”

Earlier this week, Jon Tester, who hails from a state that heavily favored President Trump, indicated that he will vote along with Republicans to nullify Biden’s mandate,

“I’m not crazy about mandates,” Tester told NBC News on Tuesday.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) announced last week that he does “not support any government vaccine mandate on private businesses.”

“I do not support any government vaccine mandate on private businesses. That’s why I have cosponsored and will strongly support a bill to overturn the federal government vaccine mandate for private businesses,” Manchin said.

Biden's fascist mandate rejected yet again, this time by members of his own party along with Republican opposition.

The fascist Biden regime is crumbling.

The U.S. Senate voted 52-48 in favor of repealing President Joe Biden’s federal vaccine mandate for private businesses in what amounts to a symbolic blow to his administration.

Keeping true to their word, moderate Sens. Joe Manchin (D-WV) and Jon Tester (D-MT) sided with Republicans to repeal the mandate under the “Congressional Review Act,” which would allow Congress to review executive orders. Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN), who sponsored the bill, said the Biden policy had “Main Street scared.”

“It’s got Main Street America scared,” Braun said. “They’re worried about, well, what does this mean on other issues? Anybody who thinks this is a good idea, imagine the next time it happens when you’re on the wrong side on whatever the merits of the case would be.”

Earlier this week, Jon Tester, who hails from a state that heavily favored President Trump, indicated that he will vote along with Republicans to nullify Biden’s mandate,

“I’m not crazy about mandates,” Tester told NBC News on Tuesday.

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) announced last week that he does “not support any government vaccine mandate on private businesses.”

“I do not support any government vaccine mandate on private businesses. That’s why I have cosponsored and will strongly support a bill to overturn the federal government vaccine mandate for private businesses,” Manchin said.
Symbolic, wasn't even taken up in the congress.

Biden will just veto it, assuming it even makes it out of the House.

Yeah, but it's kinda heartening to see some bipartisanship once in awhile. Maybe it doesn't pass in the House or maybe Biden vetoes it, and they can answer for that in November. I think there's a fair chance the House will pass it, considering how many democrats have to be worried about losing their job in next year's elections. IMHO, they're fucked anyway, though. I doubt that Biden would have a problem vetoing it though if it made it to his desk. I just don't see him as running for re-election, and if so he won't really care what we think. I'm not even sure he stays in office for his 4 years, especially if the Dems lose their majorities in the House and Senate.

It's ridiculous that consideration is given to anything so widely sweeping that is a violation of the Constitution.

NO CONSIDERATION FOR INDIVIDUAL SITUATIONS.

Which way do you lefties want to go? I thought the MANY were supposed to accommodate the FEW.

When did that change?

Probably, but he'll be on record having been smacked down by his own party for overstepping his authority and acting like a tyrant.
His own party voted for the mandate, bozo. The Senator from W. Virginia is an asshole.

BTW, bozo, only two voted against the mandate, 48 voted for it. Your willful ignorance and biases forget that ten Republicans voted to convict trump to be kicked out of the White House, the Second time he was impeached.

It’s political posturing. Easy to do knowing a VETO is waiting in the wings…

His own party voted for the mandate, bozo. The Senator from W. Virginia is an asshole.

BTW, bozo, only two voted against the mandate, 48 voted for it. Your willful ignorance and biases forget that ten Republicans voted to convict trump to be kicked out of the White House, the Second time he was impeached.
If one Republican or so votes with all the Democraps on any bill, the handmaiden media calls the bill a “bipartisan” bill. But when two Democrats vote against a largely Democrat bill together with a unanimous Republican vote of opposition, the vote AGAINST the bill is (for some reason) suddenly NOT bipartisan?

Fly Catcher, your standard is double.

Biden was stupid but harmless until Obama's Marxist followers came along and taught him how to hate America. Now he's stupid and dangerous.

The death rate among unvaccinated is five times that of the death rate among the vaccinated. So, go ahead, don't get vaccinated, make fun of those that do. Then when the grim reaper has done his work, there will be less Trumpanzees around, and the world will be a better place.

The death rate among unvaccinated is five times that of the death rate among the vaccinated. So, go ahead, don't get vaccinated, make fun of those that do. Then when the grim reaper has done his work, there will be less Trumpanzees around, and the world will be a better place.
The death rate for COVID in the USA is only 1.5%.

Forum List

Back