Bipartisan Senate Committee Reports Obama Administration 'Frozen', 'Failed' On Russian Meddling

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
Senate Panel: Obama Admin Failed on Russia Election Meddling

"A heavily politicized environment, coupled with concerns that public warnings would undermine confidence in the 2016 election, limited the Obama administration's ability to respond to the Russian interference, according to a bipartisan congressional report released Thursday."

"ā€¦the U.S. government was ā€œnot well-posturedā€ to counter Russian election interference and noted that Russia's cyberactivities did not cease despite high-level warnings of potential retaliation"

- ā€˜You better stop OR ELSEā€™ ā€“ another Obama ā€˜Red Lineā€™ - did not work?! Shocking. :p

ā€œFrozen by ā€˜paralysis of analysis,ā€™ hamstrung by constraints both real and perceived, Obama officials debated courses of action without truly taking one... Obama officials made decisions that limited their options, including preventing internal information-sharing and siloing cyber and geopolitical threats.ā€

So, despite the message Obama passed to Putin through Medvedev in 2012, it turns out Barry and his administration turned out NOT to be so ā€˜flexibleā€™ after allā€¦in being able to STOP Putinā€™s interference ops in the USā€¦for 2 years.

No Collusion = Flaws In Our Own Systems

ā€œThere were many flaws with the U.S. response to the 2016 attack, but itā€™s worth noting that many of those were due to problems with our own system ā€“ problems that can and should be corrected"

Senate Panel: Obama Admin Failed on Russia Election Meddling

So let me get this straight, you are criticizing Obama for not stopping something Trump denies ever happened?

I never understood why this wasn't addressed a few years ago.
Why was Obama never brought into this conversation? It was
happening under his administration, but it was all laid on Trump's
lap.

lap.
Obama faced a challenge in combating this. Half the country couldnā€™t even come to terms with the fact that Russia was trying to help Republicans. Obama combating Russian attempts to help Republicans could very well be seen by half the country as a partisan and corrupt attempt to influence the election. To mitigate this, he wanted bipartisan support on the issue, but Moscow Mitch didnā€™t want to give up any advantage.

Biden: McConnell Refused To Sign Bipartisan Statement On Russian Interference

So let me get this straight you are criticizing Obama for not stopping something Trump denies ever happened?
Why are you deflecting Obama's responsibility regarding this?
I'm not but I do realize what would have happened had Obama went ballistic on the Trump campaign's way too close association with Russia. There was simply no good option between keeping it quiet and hoping Hillary could overcome the hacks and smears and seeming to use his presidential power to interfere in the election.

"concerns that public warnings would undermine confidence in the 2016 election"

The overwhelming belief going into the November 2016 election was that Hillary would win, and whatever mistakes or misdeeds would be covered up and we wouldn't know anything about any of it. Nobody really cared about Russian meddling as long as Hillary won. But then she didn't. Oh, fuck.

From that point on, it became a 2-pronged effort: first, cover-up everything and destroy the evidence and second de-legitimize the Trump election. You can't tell me that Obama didn't know what was going on, this is a guy that demanded to know everything. It's possible that Valerie Jarrett knew more of the details than Obama did, but he knew. And the attempt to stop Russian meddling or that of any other country was a distant 3rd priority, if that. And I think that any of the people involved then are still involved now.

"concerns that public warnings would undermine confidence in the 2016 election"

The overwhelming belief going into the November 2016 election was that Hillary would win, and whatever mistakes or misdeeds would be covered up and we wouldn't know anything about any of it. Nobody really cared about Russian meddling as long as Hillary won. But then she didn't. Oh, fuck.

From that point on, it became a 2-pronged effort: first, cover-up everything and destroy the evidence and second de-legitimize the Trump election. You can't tell me that Obama didn't know what was going on, this is a guy that demanded to know everything. It's possible that Valerie Jarrett knew more of the details than Obama did, but he knew. And the attempt to stop Russian meddling or that of any other country was a distant 3rd priority, if that. And I think that any of the people involved then are still involved now.

Most of the Russian meddling, aside from the hacks, could have been effectively countered by the various social media platforms that allowed themselves to be used as a weapon by many thousands of automated accounts based in Russia. There has been some progress but Facebook has studiously ignored their responsibility to not be a giant pack of lies.

lap.

Because the so called press flew cover for the guy for 8 years.

Forum List

Back