Bill Maher slams Boston police

When police are shooting an unarmed person too far away to be any kind of threat to them, they are firing with the intent of killing. They were told to capture him alive. Orders are orders when you hold any kind of position that gives you a licence to kill for a government. They disobeyed theirs. As a police officer, you cannot allow your emotions to get in the way of your job. Plain and simple. Police are supposed to make clear-minded decisions and follow the orders given to them by whoever has authority. Same goes for the army, navy, air force, and seals.

Nobody had the right to tell the police to take him alive. You take him alive if possible. If they had wanted to kill him they would have killed him. You can not believe that the police knew he was unarmed "if" in fact he was unarmed which I doubt. With the silence put on the bomber after his capture I wish they had killed him. I really think liberals think the police should line up and slowly walk toward this guy knowing he would eventually run out of ammo and he could be taken alive. You do realize that the police for the most part have families at home that depend on them for support. There is nothing in the job description that says you have to commit suicide in a situation like this.
They had every intention of killing him but failed. They couldn't keep pouring rounds into that boat after the initial volley, but make no mistake about it they tried to kill him at first. That much is obvious.

Nobody said the officers had to close on foot but they had a ton of resources to avoid that and actually used those resources. Just the FLIR itself was a HUGE tactical advantage for them. That kid didn't move. They could have walked right up to that boat and taken him out by his hair if they wanted to.

Naive fool.

He could have had any number of deadly devices on him.

He got shot. Boo fucking hoo

Nobody had the right to tell the police to take him alive. You take him alive if possible. If they had wanted to kill him they would have killed him. You can not believe that the police knew he was unarmed "if" in fact he was unarmed which I doubt. With the silence put on the bomber after his capture I wish they had killed him. I really think liberals think the police should line up and slowly walk toward this guy knowing he would eventually run out of ammo and he could be taken alive. You do realize that the police for the most part have families at home that depend on them for support. There is nothing in the job description that says you have to commit suicide in a situation like this.
They had every intention of killing him but failed. They couldn't keep pouring rounds into that boat after the initial volley, but make no mistake about it they tried to kill him at first. That much is obvious.

Nobody said the officers had to close on foot but they had a ton of resources to avoid that and actually used those resources. Just the FLIR itself was a HUGE tactical advantage for them. That kid didn't move. They could have walked right up to that boat and taken him out by his hair if they wanted to.

Naive fool.

You don't get the point, do you?

Someday when it's you trapped on the boat and a hail of bullets is coming in because they're under the impression you might have any number of deadly devices or you might be Chris Dorner, think back to this post. You'll need those last three words.

Naive fool.

Someday when it's you trapped on the boat and a hail of bullets is coming in because they're under the impression you might have any number of deadly devices or you might be Chris Dorner, think back to this post. You'll need those last three words.

Except that im not stupid enough to put myself in a comprimised position like that.
HIS actions brought this upon himself. Have no pity for the fool who jeopardizes YOUR freedoms

Naive fool.

I'm glad this monster was shot. Who the hell would want to risk being blown up?

Naive fool.

Except that im not stupid enough to put myself in a comprimised position like that.
HIS actions brought this upon himself. Have no pity for the fool who jeopardizes YOUR freedoms

You actually think everybody in such a position .... put himself there?
How pathetically naive.

I've been in a position like that. It's not that unusual in a city. And all I was doing was walking home from the streetcar. But the cops wanted a suspect now. I just happened to be the only one in sight.
Luckily for me the cops held their fire; one split-second decision the other way would have been all it took.

But maybe things work differently on your planet. :cuckoo:

Last edited:

How pathetically naive.

I've been in a position like that. It's not that unusual in a city. And all I was doing was walking home from the streetcar. But the cops wanted a suspect now. I just happened to be the only one in sight.
Luckily for me the cops held their fire; one split-second decision the other way would have been all it took.

Yes that's it. I've done years in a state penitentiary and im the naive one to being comprimised.

You reap what you sew. Fuck him and fuck you

I was wondering about that myself, shooting up the boat appeared to be excessive force since the subject didn't present an immediate threat. There was no way for him to have fired on police, so what was the justification to fire on him?
I believe three factors combine to incite them. One is ample justification for the use of deadly force. Another is extreme adrenalin rush. The third is imagination. With those three factors operating it doesn't take much to stimulate and provoke an exceptionally hyper individual. And when one member of an armed and excited group lets a shot go it triggers a chain reaction.

One outstanding example of this effect was the infamous "41 shots" incident in Brooklyn (Feb. 1999) that Bruce Springsteen wrote a song about.

Three plainclothes patrolmen were tracking an armed and dangerous rapist (justification) when they mistakenly thought they'd spotted him on the doorstep of a rooming house. When they approached one of the cops thought the subject was drawing a gun (imagination) and opened fire which prompted the other two to react reflexively (adrenalin rush). 41 shots by three cops at a distance of four feet at an innocent subject who had drawn a key case from a pocket.

It would take many, many hours of intensive drilling under rigorous conditions to adequately condition police officers to function calmly and deliberately under stressfully dangerous conditions. Very few (if any) police agencies can afford that kind of training.

Last edited:
I was wondering about that myself, shooting up the boat appeared to be excessive force since the subject didn't present an immediate threat. There was no way for him to have fired on police, so what was the justification to fire on him?
I believe three factors combine to incite them. One is ample justification for the use of deadly force. Another is extreme adrenalin rush. The third is imagination. With those three factors operating it doesn't take much to stimulate and provoke an exceptionally hyper individual. And when one member of an armed and excited group lets a shot go it triggers a chain reaction.

One outstanding example of this effect was the infamous "41 shots" incident in Brooklyn (Feb. 1999) that Bruce Springsteen wrote a song about.

Three plainclothes patrolmen were tracking an armed and dangerous rapist (justification) when they mistakenly thought they'd spotted him on the doorstep of a rooming house. When they approached one of the cops thought the subject was drawing a gun (imagination) and opened fire which prompted the other two to react reflexively (adrenalin rush). 41 shots by three cops at a distance of four feet at an innocent subject who had drawn a key case from a pocket.

It would take many, many hours of intensive drilling under rigorous conditions to adequately condition police officers to function calmly and deliberately under stressfully dangerous conditions. Very few (if any) police agencies can afford that kind of training.

This is way off from what happened with the bomber. They did not kill this guy because they were not trying to kill this guy.

It always amazed me that an officer has a split second in many situations to make a life death decision. It then takes months of investigation and a lengthy trial for others to decide if it was the right decision or not. Something we all knew....it is better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

How pathetically naive.

Yes that's it. I've done years in a state penitentiary and im the naive one to being comprimised.

That doesn't surprise me considering the sterling intellect you've exhibited here, not to mention the most inane avatar ever.
So isn't it odd that I know more about police overreach than you do even though I'm not a con and you are?

Negger please. Grow up. Attitudes like yours are what erode our civil rights.
Go forth and sit on a driveshaft. A moving one.

Last edited:

It shouldn't take that much at all. It's a matter of attitude.

Actually when you first mentioned "imagination" I thought of it in positive terms, as in the imagination to address the situation in some other way than crude force. Get them over the childish idea that the way to address every situation is to overpower it.

I think the way you used the word you mean "misperception" as in misinterpreting something as a threat when it isn't. Perhaps "Assumption" is more apropos.

The cops who jumped at me with guns drawn took me completely by surprise. Turned out they were looking for a murderer from an event down the street, but nothing I was doing in simply walking home was in any way threatening. Their move was completely unnecessary, and had I either drawn my own gun in defense (they were not in uniform and never did identify themselves at all, and their car was completely unmarked) or had they simply imagined (assumed) I was doing so, I could have taken 41 bullets myself. And all I was doing was walking home from work.

Here's what they did to a pickup truck in Torrance that they supposedly "imagined" was being driven by Chris Dorner, even though it had two old ladies in it delivering papers and didn't even match the description of Dorner's vehicle:

6a00d8341c630a53ef017ee85cb1e4970d-640wi

Police overkill is a big problem in this country. It's way over the line. Somebody's gotta get a grip.

Last edited:

You seem to be forgetting that the police were highly trained SWAT and FBI capture teams, these are the very folks that are supposed to have the ability to react in a deliberate manner in these intense situations. I guess we need to send them back to training.

How pathetically naive.

That doesn't surprise me considering the sterling intellect you've exhibited here, not to mention the most inane avatar ever.
So isn't it odd that I know more about police overreach than you do even though I'm not a con and you are?

I am not a "******" shit for brains. But it's nice to see you're not afraid to expose your racism.

How pathetically naive.

Well I've never been in that position....the police are a little edgy....since they have a dangerous job.....so just do what they tell you....unless it's completely unreasonable (cant think of an example right now)
The police did come to our door to arrest someone who had the same name as my mom....my mom worked in politics and knew another person and let them know....but mistakes happen....if you dont run and do things normal...usually the police wont beat your ass or shoot at you.

Naive fool.

Ok man, so here is the deal.....why would they come after you? Maybe have the wrong name? description.....put your hands up and come out...I seriously dont belive they just tried to blaze this dude......

I am not a "******" shit for brains. But it's nice to see you're not afraid to expose your racism.

Apparently you're not a "reader" either, dumb fuck.

"Smatter? Having a vowel movement?

Last edited:
Naive fool.

Ok man, so here is the deal.....why would they come after you? Maybe have the wrong name? description.....put your hands up and come out...I seriously dont belive they just tried to blaze this dude......

In my case they came after me because I was the only one on the street and they needed to nab somebody. They figure they look bad if they don't, and I don't think they really care whether it's a reasonable suspect or not, as long as they come up with "somebody". And when they drove me to the scene of the crime to show me off to a witness, it turned out I didn't even remotely resemble the description of the murderer.

It can happen in an instant. These guys are loose cannons, fueled by caffeine and sugar, given guns and told to go out and look for trouble.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back