Bill Gates Refuses To Reduce His Own Carbon Emissions

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
This article is mainly about Bill Gates admitting that planting trees to solve the climate crisis is complete nonsense. He has also recently said that one of the biggest factors contributing to Climate Change is agriculture. So, I guess that means he also wants us to quit growing food to feed the planet. BUT, kind of tucked away in the article is this little tidbit: Gates admits that he would rather pony up 10 million dollars per year to offset his very own carbon emissions rather than reduce his very own carbon emissions.

So, if we all go with the Bill Gates plan, no one has to reduce their carbon emissions as long as each one of us ponies up 10 million dollars per year to offset our carbon emissions. Except, I can't figure out how that works to solve the climate change crisis if no one reduces their carbon footprint. I guess he's just counting on those who can't pay 10 million dollars per year to reduce their carbon footprint while the super wealthy don't have to reduce theirs, they can just pay the money.

"Bill Gates is a major donor to causes fighting climate change, both on a societal and personal level. Every year, he writes a $10 million check to a company to buy clean energy for others as a way to offset carbon emissions generated by himself."

This article is mainly about Bill Gates admitting that planting trees to solve the climate crisis is complete nonsense. He has also recently said that one of the biggest factors contributing to Climate Change is agriculture. So, I guess that means he also wants us to quit growing food to feed the planet. BUT, kind of tucked away in the article is this little tidbit: Gates admits that he would rather pony up 10 million dollars per year to offset his very own carbon emissions rather than reduce his very own carbon emissions.

So, if we all go with the Bill Gates plan, no one has to reduce their carbon emissions as long as each one of us ponies up 10 million dollars per year to offset our carbon emissions. Except, I can't figure out how that works to solve the climate change crisis if no one reduces their carbon footprint. I guess he's just counting on those who can't pay 10 million dollars per year to reduce their carbon footprint while the super wealthy don't have to reduce theirs, they can just pay the money.

"Bill Gates is a major donor to causes fighting climate change, both on a societal and personal level. Every year, he writes a $10 million check to a company to buy clean energy for others as a way to offset carbon emissions generated by himself."

This is why no one listens to him and his ilk.

Attachments

• 1695395632863.png
    1695395632863.png
    75.2 KB · Views: 6

Forum List

Back