Bill Cosby on the President

Did Cosby express the same sentiments when Bush was in office? We all know he had just as many haters.

As for Pryor and Carlin...

Pryor was never really one for the political humor or commentary so I wouldn't have expected much from him.

Carlin just got old and bitter towards the end of his life. His comedy and political commentary grew tired and insufferable, predictable and partisan.

Miss Pryor. Carlin not so much.

bush wasn't treated the way this president has been from day one...

after 9/11 everyone wanted bush to succeed. it's not our fault he was a failure.

FLAT OUT LIE.... Jillian.... and you know it!

:eusa_liar:

:bsflag:

Did Cosby express the same sentiments when Bush was in office? We all know he had just as many haters.

Pryor was never really one for the political humor or commentary so I wouldn't have expected much from him.

Carlin just got old and bitter towards the end of his life. His comedy and political commentary grew tired and insufferable, predictable and partisan.

after 9/11 everyone wanted bush to succeed. it's not our fault he was a failure.

I don't see it as a flat-out lie, but then again I was a Bush supporter, voting for him in both elections and being quite proud of myself for getting out there and doing so.

Therefore: How do you see it as being the same. I remember how supportive everybody was of him following 9/11. I wasn't doing forums then, so you can't count that. I'm talking the media, the internet - which wasn't as developed in his first election as his second, or even moreso now. Facebook, Twitter; these are all relatively new developments.

I don't see it as a flat-out lie, but then again I was a Bush supporter, voting for him in both elections and being quite proud of myself for getting out there and doing so.

Therefore: How do you see it as being the same. I remember how supportive everybody was of him following 9/11. I wasn't doing forums then, so you can't count that. I'm talking the media, the internet - which wasn't as developed in his first election as his second, or even moreso now. Facebook, Twitter; these are all relatively new developments.

I did too... but it was shortly after his 2nd term that I realized he is like all the others :mad:

As for support for him... that didnt start till sometime in the morning of 9-11-01.
Before that Al Gore was crying like a little bitch and we were counting chads.

Bush had a perfect opportunity to make a positive 'change' and he failed to.

I fear for my nation if Obama is re-elected, and Romney is Bush - Lite.

Okay, so eight months into office, and before that there were justifiable doubts that he was entitled to hold office?

You-guys-Im-super-serial.jpg

Nobody heard people saying it before, I don't see them ascribing any value to his opinion.

Bill Cosby Blasts Obama Haters Un-American Behavior

And then when you see that he made promises and said things, the people who were supposed to be working with him didn’t. The people who are supposed to be working — even for another party — didn’t care about the American people. They wanted to get him.

When people make statements like, “I hope he fails,” you can’t color that any other way except the way it’s said. And yes, OK, gays, lesbians, blacks, illegal aliens — pardon me — people like that are right. It didn’t happen. But look at why it didn’t happen. It’s a man trying to go about doing his job, and a ton of other people voting against him and regardless of what he says.

A famous person says something and since he agreed with what liberals have been parroting since day 1, he's a brilliant man with thoughtful ideas.

I could have turned on msn and gotten the same blather.

obama couldn't lead hard charging Marines down hill too the beach party.

he failed, and miserably so.

Okay, so eight months into office, and before that there were justifiable doubts that he was entitled to hold office?

There were justifiable doubts before he got elected. That's why I didn't vote for him. As a matter of fact I believe a few years before he ran for President he said that he wouldn't run for President after the term because he knew he wasn't ready.

polls showed Bush to be the most popular president in US history with the highest ratings ever right after 9/11. Between the time he let Bin Laden go and the ill advised invasion of Iraq his numbers remained high. It wasn't until young Americans started getting slaughtered and maimed in Iraq and the truth came about about who actually attacked us the numbers went down. And deservedly so. Don't be such an asswipe, shitstain. It wasn't that long ago.

There were justifiable doubts before he got elected. That's why I didn't vote for him. As a matter of fact I believe a few years before he ran for President he said that he wouldn't run for President after the term because he knew he wasn't ready.

Wow - now see? And I am only speaking for myself (I find that I need disclaimers in the face of hostility) ... when I voted for him both times, I was essentially casting my mother's vote. Church Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night for years. I voted my "conscience" (somebody tell me the root meaning on that one, since obviously science is involved), and that meant voting Republican, without any further thought or investigation.

Nobody heard people saying it before, I don't see them ascribing any value to his opinion.

Bill Cosby Blasts Obama Haters Un-American Behavior

And then when you see that he made promises and said things, the people who were supposed to be working with him didn’t. The people who are supposed to be working — even for another party — didn’t care about the American people. They wanted to get him.

When people make statements like, “I hope he fails,” you can’t color that any other way except the way it’s said. And yes, OK, gays, lesbians, blacks, illegal aliens — pardon me — people like that are right. It didn’t happen. But look at why it didn’t happen. It’s a man trying to go about doing his job, and a ton of other people voting against him and regardless of what he says.

well big fucking hero he is,,,,, did he call out the President Bush haters? fuck no. so fuck him.

Right, Now we can't even say it's the White man keeping us down lol

The only thing that ever keeps any person down is that person.
(I must needs address the next observation in generalities, but understand that it is not inclusive of all blacks.)
There are two aspects to the shame in the case of black voters and Obama. The first is that Obama takes for granted that most blacks will cast their votes for him on the basis of his racial composition. He does not pander to them as he does to other constituencies. He assumes, takes for granted, that the black voters will overwhelmingly support him without question.
What he does is far more heinous, though. He foments racial division in this country. He encourages anger, hatred, and the will to do harm based solely on the race of the other person. This is the second point of shame. There are plenty of anecdotal examples of blacks admitting they voted for Obama only because he was black. During numerous interviews, they amply demonstrated their lack of interest in any issue other than his perceived race. The shame is that anyone would vote blindly, throwing away one of the most powerful tools to shape government that an individual owns in this country, just to be able to claim they helped place the first black into the White House, regardless of the candidate's lack of qualifications.
Of course, there are far too many people of all stripes who will cast their votes for specious reasons, not having considered real issues or asked hard questions of the candidates. They allow themselves to be sidetracked by the sideshow, the flash-bang, and the hollow rhetoric that promises them all their wishes will come true, all without ever knowing the scantest details about how the candidate plans on fulfilling those promises.

Forum List

Back