Big wins for same sex marriage

Cool. Maybe all the dykes in Northern Virginia will move to Maryland and not tax our public safety so much with their domestic violence calls.

:thup:

Yeah, I'm sure it's the lesbians that are the leading contributor to domestic violence problems. :rolleyes:
:lol:

One survey found that same-sex cohabitants reported significantly more intimate partner violence than did opposite-sex cohabitants. Among women, 39.2% of the same-sex cohabitants and 21.7 of the opposite- sex cohabitants reported being raped, physically assaulted, and/or stalked by a marital/cohabiting partner at some time in their lifetime.

Patricia Tjaden & Nancy Thoennes, U.S. Dep't of Just., NCJ 181867, Extent, Nature, and Consequences of Intimate Partner Violence: Findings from the National Violence Against Women Survey, at 30 (2000), available at Extent, Nature, and Consequences of Intimate Partner Violence: Findings From the National Violence Against Women Survey | National Institute of Justice

And a violent lot they are.

Domestic Violence Statistics  | Commission on Domestic Violence

And that's just the reported incidents.

The idiots who passed DOMA on the federal level ensured this is a court issue and not a state level one.

This is about rights and equal protection of the laws, which puts it squarely in the judicial branch's bucket. You can thank the bigots for that.

Its actually about the desire to be accepted by society, as shown by the rejection of civil unions that would give the exact same rights as a marriage, but would not be called such.

Yep, if it was only about the legal issue, this would have been a done deal a long time ago. It's always been more about forcing acceptance of it as normal.

Did I miss the republican push for a federal bill giving civil unions all the rights married individuals currently enjoy?

The idiots who passed DOMA on the federal level ensured this is a court issue and not a state level one.

This is about rights and equal protection of the laws, which puts it squarely in the judicial branch's bucket. You can thank the bigots for that.

Its actually about the desire to be accepted by society, as shown by the rejection of civil unions that would give the exact same rights as a marriage, but would not be called such.

Yep, if it was only about the legal issue, this would have been a done deal a long time ago. It's always been more about forcing acceptance of it as normal.

It's about forcing the acceptance of the fact that "equal protection" means equal protection. The government end of marriage is simply a contract and no group should be denied the protection afforded another.

And exactly how are the states supposed to vote on whether or not a gay couple is eligible for Social Security death benefits?

How is Kansas supposed to decide if gays can file a federal married tax return?

Rights are not to be voted on. They are rights.

Let's breal this down,so it's easy to understand.The states that legalized(as it should be)same sex marriage will be the states that give Social Security benefits (as it should be).Married LEGALLY means that they will LEGALLY be able to file as a married couple on their tax returns.

States don't give SS benefits. We don't get them, legally married or not. Same goes for our Heath Care taxes and Fed taxes. Separate and unequal still prevails.

Wytch, My apologies.I was typing ,while on the phone missed several sentences.I checked myself and it will not happen again

I don't care what they do or what benefits they get....as long as it's not called a MARRIAGE.
That's my view and it won't change.

because why? lets hear this stupidity as to why you want to claim this word for yourself.

Cool. Maybe all the dykes in Northern Virginia will move to Maryland and not tax our public safety so much with their domestic violence calls.

:thup:

yeah we can just leave that to the normal men and women couples right?

Sodomy is progressively fabulous................Surely there must also be a tax that can benefit these oppressed minorities as well

I don't care what they do or what benefits they get....as long as it's not called a MARRIAGE.

How does my MARRIAGE affect you? Be clear on the damages you have sustained...because I've been MARRIED for many years now.

Gay MARRIAGE makes straight guys cheat on their wives with mass quantities of hookers and blow, get a divorce, and fight over child custody for years on end.

I did not figure this out on my own. This was all explained on a fake one million dollar bill I was given by a church to hand out on Halloween. It sure was fun watching those kids get all excited believing I just gave them a million bucks!

Good times. Good times.

Last edited:

Did I miss the republican push for a federal bill giving civil unions all the rights married individuals currently enjoy?

It wouldn't have been opposed, but that's not what this special interest group wanted. They wanted 'marriage' in every sense of the word, and they used it as a club to beat conservatives up with. I wonder what agenda will come up next once this one can no longer be used? ;)

It's about forcing the acceptance of the fact that "equal protection" means equal protection. The government end of marriage is simply a contract and no group should be denied the protection afforded another.

Then why did it matter what it was called?

How dare those gays ask to file a married tax return just like I do! They must think they are special.

How does my MARRIAGE affect you? Be clear on the damages you have sustained...because I've been MARRIED for many years now.

How does calling it a civil union affect you or make any difference to your relationship under the rule of law?

Forum List

Back