Big Tech got a pass in 2020

eagle7-31

Diamond Member
Mar 24, 2020

now they are aiming for 2024. Chances are they get away with it.

If history is any indicator, yeh, they will get away with it. However, some states have corrected their errors

Some of them are swing states. I haven't had the time to keep up on all of them.. but I know some have done a fair job

If history is any indicator, yeh, they will get away with it. However, some states have corrected their errors

Some of them are swing states. I haven't had the time to keep up on all of them.. but I know some have done a fair job
I hope you are right. But living in PA my state is not one of them.

now they are aiming for 2024. Chances are they get away with it.
What do you think ought to be done about the problem?

Republicans for 50+ years: "We need to transfer massive power and wealth to corporations"
Republicans now: "Can you believe how much power and wealth those lousy Democrats want corporations to have?"

Without oversight from BOTH parties rigging happens.
And what kind of oversight did you have in mind? My understanding is that there's quite a bit already. What additional regulations need to be in place?

So I'm not really hearing any solutions. What do you all think we should do about the problem?

Dude....Twitter is already setting it up.
Yes, we know. You need your delusion so you need to make shit up to pretend reality is not what it is.

There are better ways of doing this. Dropping acid would even be healthier. Or a full lobotomy. It is not as though you are using those brain cells anyway.

So I'm not really hearing any solutions. What do you all think we should do about the problem?
abe-simpson-abe-simpson-cloud.gif

Been the right's solution for the last decade.

Yes, we know. You need your delusion so you need to make shit up to pretend reality is not what it is.

There are better ways of doing this. Dropping acid would even be healthier. Or a full lobotomy. It is not as though you are using those brain cells anyway.
Don't hold back. Both!

abe-simpson-abe-simpson-cloud.gif

Been the right's solution for the last decade.
Actually, if they're just venting - I'm fine with that. If they're pointing out that these sites are biased in their moderation, that they manipulate people in increasingly insidious ways, that's fantastic. That needs to be said. I applaud the intent. We all need to "grow out" of social media fixation. The way we're doing it is stupid and it isn't serving us well.

But we can do that without government dictating the terms. We're not going to throw away our fundamental Constitutional rights just because Twitter banned Trump. Not if I have anything to do with it.

LOL......Twitter and Facebook made an announcement a week or so ago. I think they're worried about a possible shellacking in the midterms and have to step up, once again. Don't forget, they prevented a Biden loss by censoring the Hunter laptop story until months after the election.

Forum List

Back