Big Labor warns 2020 Dems: Don't take union workers' support for granted

Terri4Trump

Gold Member
Jun 22, 2019
California
ME: Old punkass Richard Trumka is a little late with this message. Trump peeled offunionj votes in 2016. But now it will be worse for the Dems. The more they attack companies that use union labor and the more they attack energy, the more unions worker will stick with Trump who is bringing back jobs.

Big Labor warned Democratic presidential contenders Wednesday against taking union support for granted, adding that Dems would need to be more honest about the party’s record on workers’ rights, reports said. The president of the AFL-CIO labor union, which represents 12.5 million union workers, addressed a closed-door meeting with representatives from each campaign in attendance before the second round of debates Wednesday in Detroit.....

......In March, the union implored Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and other lawmakers to not go through with the Green New Deal, claiming the plan to combat the effects of climate change would cause “immediate harm” to millions of union employees and threaten their livelihoods.As the Democratic Party shifts toward a more progressive identity, Trumka reminded 2020 candidates that unions would no longer support candidates simply because of their party affiliation...........

upload_2019-8-4_8-43-5.png

Not by what I see from his twitter feed.
Richard Trumka (@RichardTrumka) | Twitter

I talked to a lot of union guys in 2016 and they are for trump, no matter what Trumka says.
They know which party is better for their paychecks.
In 2020 they are even more supportive of Trump, he delivered on his promises to the unions.

• Banned
I talked to a lot of union guys in 2016 and they are for trump, no matter what Trumka says.
They know which party is better for their paychecks.
In 2020 they are even more supportive of Trump, he delivered on his promises to the unions.

That's what I like to hear, real comments from real people, without the media filter.

ME: Old punkass Richard Trumka is a little late with this message. Trump peeled offunionj votes in 2016. But now it will be worse for the Dems. The more they attack companies that use union labor and the more they attack energy, the more unions worker will stick with Trump who is bringing back jobs.

Big Labor warned Democratic presidential contenders Wednesday against taking union support for granted, adding that Dems would need to be more honest about the party’s record on workers’ rights, reports said. The president of the AFL-CIO labor union, which represents 12.5 million union workers, addressed a closed-door meeting with representatives from each campaign in attendance before the second round of debates Wednesday in Detroit.....

......In March, the union implored Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and other lawmakers to not go through with the Green New Deal, claiming the plan to combat the effects of climate change would cause “immediate harm” to millions of union employees and threaten their livelihoods.As the Democratic Party shifts toward a more progressive identity, Trumka reminded 2020 candidates that unions would no longer support candidates simply because of their party affiliation...........

The trouble is that 2020 will be decided in the suburbs especially among suburban women. Big labor is losing clout because the suburbs are the fastest growing areas of the country.

• Banned
The trouble is that 2020 will be decided in the suburbs especially among suburban women. Big labor is losing clout because the suburbs are the fastest growing areas of the country.

Is there some study that says suburban women will be the swing vote? That can be said about many groups; if just 15% of blacks go for Trump he wins, and so forth.

Forum List

Back