Bidenflation: Producer prices surge 11.2% from year ago. Biggest Gain on Record!

Trying to restrict travel in this day and age is a waste of time.

The first recorded case in Missouri was a girl coming home from a semester in Italy. There is no way to stop a citizen from coming home. And she flew from Italy to DC to Chicago and then took the train from Chicago to St Louis. How many people did she come into contact with during that time?

South Korea, which had their first case the same day we did, started mass producing PPE gear in late Jan. The leader of South Korea called together all of the leaders of the pertinent industries and told them what was coming and what was needed. This is sort of what Trump did in late March.

South Korea then also started mass producing testing kits by the start of Feb.

They put together a contact tracing program in Jan.

Their leader told the populous about the dangers to come in late Jan and early Feb.

All of this should have happened here the same time, but it did not happen till late March or later. All we got were mixed messages, on part/level of the Govt telling us it was going to be bad, the other parts/levels saying it was no big deal.

And the Fed Govt knew how bad it as going to be. A senator from NC after getting a briefing on it held a meeting this his donors telling them to expect schools to close and that it was as contagious as the Spanish Flu. A different senator suddenly decided to buy stock in the very company that makes the software the Fed Govt uses to telework.

Then in mid-Feb the local VA hospital closed a unit and started a 6 week construction project to turn it into a negative pressure area for treating COVID patients, the same time our president was telling us it would be gone in two weeks. At the time we were laughing at how stupid the VA was since COVID would be gone by the time this was finished. Turns out they knew more than they were telling us.
South Korea is still dealing with the pandemic and lockdowns after the US has basically returned to normal

but its as pointless for me to attack their handling of the virus as it is to nitpik Trump

a small country with much stronger central authority is not comparable to the 50 US states

maybe trump should have ordered US companies to make PPE on demand as they did in korea

but a better thing to worry about is our dependance on china for medical supplies instead of making it here BEFORE a pandemic strikes

I dare say fools running the cities and states who should be stockpiling gear have already returned to sourcing it from the lowest bidder in china

that is IF they are stockpiling at all

morons

But not soon enough to satisfy you, yes?

I thought your complant involved timing

particularly in January

Yep, the timing is the problem.

He would not have needed to invoke the act had he just been honest with the American people. What company would not have jumped at the chance to rake in extra profit from making the PPE gear and hospital equipment needed at the start of the pandemic.

Would it not have been great if our front line folks did not have to wear the same N95 mask for multiple days? If they had enough gowns to actually change between each patient room?

What company would not have jumped at the chance to rake in extra profit from making the PPE gear and hospital equipment needed at the start of the pandemic.
What extra profit?

there are costs involved in setting up production

I think American companies were rightfully reluctant to jump into a contest between themselves and china

such is the affect of mercantilism

and I think we have learned nothing from the china flu experience about the danger of relying on our worst enemy for goods and equipment of national importance

Forum List

Back