Biden will try to declare a Mexican Mussel endangered to get the buoys out of the Rio Grande

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

Declaring Mexican mussel endangered could help Biden kill Texas border barrier​

AGLE PASS, Texas (TND) — The Biden administration has moved to designate a species of mussel as endangered, which could jeopardize Texas Gov. Greg Abbott's floating border wall in a river that could now be considered a "critical habitat."

Biden’s Fish and Wildlife Service announced a proposal to list the "Mexican Fawnsfoot" as endangered Monday, making its natural habitat, 185.7 river miles of the Rio Grande, a protected ecosystem controlled by the agency.

“Critical habitat identifies geographic areas that contain the physical or biological features essential to the species’ conservation,” the Fish and Wildlife Service said. “The designation requires federal agencies to consult with the Service on any actions that may affect critical habitat.”

As first reported by the Washington Free Beacon, the declaration would protect the mussels from threats to proper river passage, such as Abbott’s 1000-foot buoy chain.

Using that logic then wouldn't the .gov have to keep people out of the river?

Abbott should by declaring that actually, the buoys were a measure designed to protect the Mexican Mussel from being trampled into extinction by illegal river-crossers. ;)

So it looks like another case of basically admitting to weaponizing another agency for his own agenda.

****I don't know why my comments keep hot linking to the article**** :dunno:

If these things sit there long enough they will become a sandbar.

I times of low flow maybe so but they will rise when the river does.

That said the Rio Grande along the Mexican border is so polluted with sewage from the Mexican side that I doubt any mussels have survived. The presence of fresh water mussels are a sign of a healthy waterway.

I times of low flow maybe so but they will rise when the river does.

That said the Rio Grande along the Mexican border is so polluted with sewage from the Mexican side that I doubt any mussels have survived. The presence of fresh water mussels are a sign of a healthy waterway.
Anything that slows down the water will make the silt precipitate out. Happens fairly quick too. Not that such things matter to the republican side of this.

DOJ priorities couldn't be more clear. If you do anything to impede the flow of illegal immigrants into the country WE WILL TAKE YOU TO COURT. Just try to get your mind around that. Yeah that's how assbackwards and corrupt our government has become.

Anything that slows down the water will make the silt precipitate out. Happens fairly quick too. Not that such things matter to the republican side of this.

How many mussels are trampled by migrants crossing the river, or killed via pollution due to them pissing or shitting in the river?

LOL....Look at the short comment period.....Only two months.

Further proof that the corrupt Uncle RICO administration is weaponizing agencies to get what they want.

Q: How can the public submit comments or information on the proposal?

A:
Written comments and information concerning the proposed listing and critical habitat will be accepted until September 25, 2023 and may be submitted by one of the following methods:

• Electronically: Go to the Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. In the Search box, enter FWS–R2-ES-2023-0026 which is the docket number for this rulemaking. Then, in the Search panel on the left side of the screen, under the Document Type heading, click on the Proposed Rules link to locate this document.
  • By hard copy: Submit by U.S. mail or hand-delivery to: Public Comments Processing, Attn: FWS–R2-ES-2023-0026, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Headquarters, MS: BPHC, 5275 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041-3803.

• Proposed ESA Protection for Rio Grande Mussels | U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service

This would be a great place to start eliminating some of our unneeded deep state bureaucracies. Dept. of Fish and Wildlife? You're outta' here.
The "Balance of Nature" Is a Typical Gaia Superstition

If Conservatives weren't such blowhard frauds who are only interested in laissez-faire oinkonomics, they would have repealed the Endangered (Unfit) Species Act whenever they had the chance. Instead, they keep it around only because its idiocies provides them with talking points.

Forum List

Back