Biden to double the size of the IRS

The real irony here is that the IRS's computer system is still based on 1980s DOS technology. That's why they are so F'ed up. Years ago, some congress tried to upgrade their system but when they looked at the price tag, they balked. So instead, they continue to use archaic technology and try to eke by using some sort of interpreter software that someone wrote that converts some of the DOS code into a more relatable GUI.

Other than that, when an IRS agent looks at your tax records, all they usually see are columns and rows of numerical strings and codes populating fields of cryptic abbreviations. Does the new bill actually replace all that with 21st century computer technology?
That is what happens in such a corrupt system

You throw around 80 billion and wonder why they are still using outdated programs and equipment.

Were did the money go again?

LOL

The IRS has always had armed agents, even under your god Trump.

How do you not know these things?
I heard they ordered a lot more guns. I knew some agents carry, but it looks like a lot more will now. People who sit at a computer do not need a gun. Intimidation purposes. The new elite.

Democrats are not taking millionaires or billionaires - as pointed out, Sinema sold out only after getting taxes on her billionaire donors eliminated.

Democrats DO plan to tax their way out of Inflation, though.

With millionaires and Blionaires hoarding / squirrels away money and avoiding paying taxes the people circulating / spending money are the Middle / lower classes. So they have to be targets of the increased taxes.

RECAP FROM EARLIER:

MIDDLE / LOWER classes are 'easier / faster fish to reel in'

Millionaires, billionaires, & corporations lawyer up when the IRS come around and the legal battle takes time.

Middle/lower class are afraid of the IRS and don't have money for lawyers. They pay up or negotiate a lesser fee (actually owed or not) then pay up ... pretty quickly....and the 87,000 IRS Agents move to the next Middle / Lower class target
Sinema who's been working with Republicans to protect millionaires and billionaires? That Sinema? 😄

That is what happens in such a corrupt system

You throw around 80 billion and wonder why they are still using outdated programs and equipment.

Were did the money go again?

LOL

True. If Biddum is throwing 80 billion at the IRS while still not upgrading their 40 year old computer systems, then is is just crapping the money away. With a better computer system, they probably don't need all the people they already have much less need to hire many more.

Also, I'd guess that out of every ten people the IRS hire, 9 of them soon quit, so each year, the IRS continually invests vast amounts of time, money and resources into constantly trying to fill positions.

It does. If you want to lower inflation you can either increase the available supply of goods or lower the amount of dollars available to purchase those goods. Taxing the wealthy reins in the amount of money circulating the market and it could even be coupled with subsidies to poor and working families and so long as it was offset by enough taxes on the rich it would still lower inflation.

Taking money from the people that earned it and giving to the goddamn government bureaucrats doesn't do a damn thing to help the productive economy. In fact it hurts the productive economy. Redistribution of income never makes a country more prosperous.

You Moon Bats don't know any more about Economics than you know about History, Biology, Climate Science, Ethics or the Constitution.

They are not “doubling” anything.

They are adding enough people to bring the number of audits back to what it was 10 years ago

Could this president do more unpopular things?

Is he TRYING to make people hate Democrats?

Aren't you a libertarian?

Do you think the IRS needs 87 THOUSAND new agents?

I do not, but that does not mean I am going to lie about them not being armed prior to Biden taking office.

But I would like to see them hire enough people to actually do their job correctly and not do dumb shit like sending out a bill for 13 grand for not filing your taxes 6 months after they cashed the check you sent when you filed your taxes.

I have been fighting with the IRS for over a year now because on top of 2020 they also decided we had not filed in 2016 or 2013. I ended up spending almost 5 grand on a lawyer and it still has not been fixed as the IRS has a tractor trailer full of paperwork waiting to be worked. In the meantime I am forced to pay them a monthly "payment" till it is all settled. More than $400 a month for that past year plus, what are the chances even after they say "oh, I guess you did" we will see a dime of that money back?

I do not, but that does not mean I am going to lie about them not being armed prior to Biden taking office.

But I would like to see them hire enough people to actually do their job correctly and not do dumb shit like sending out a bill for 13 grand for not filing your taxes 6 months after they cashed the check you sent when you filed your taxes.

I have been fighting with the IRS for over a year now because on top of 2020 they also decided we had not filed in 2016 or 2013. I ended up spending almost 5 grand on a lawyer and it still has not been fixed as the IRS has a tractor trailer full of paperwork waiting to be worked. In the meantime I am forced to pay them a monthly "payment" till it is all settled. More than $400 a month for that past year plus, what are the chances even after they say "oh, I guess you did" we will see a dime of that money back?

That is the inefficiency of the bloated government bureaucracy. They are never held to account. Inept start to finish.

Forum List

Back