Biden signs bill that mandates Kill Switch on all new motor vehicles sold in the US

You'll probably care after hackers figure out they can disable any vehicle they want to. It'll happen, just watch.

Yep, your car will still be running, the 20 around you on the highway? not so much.

Blues Man
If an EMP ever hits your wheels will work. Mine sure won't. LOL
Maybe I'll pick up an old International Scout or Toyota FJ I've always liked those Scouts

1641908302345.png

Blues Man
Yup. Just the vehicle to get anyone around when an EMP hits. Of course every swinging dick in the area will be looking to steal it. Hope you are armed. LOL

Better hope your dem governor does not leave you stranded in a snowstorm climate change storm on I-95. ;)

Applicable to vehicles manufactured after 2026 with exemptions given to cop cars and ambulances

New Law Will Install Kill Switches In All New Cars

H.R.3684 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act

Section 24205

mandates that the motor automatically shut off if left in idle after a certain period of time

then technology to prevent the movement of a vehicle when NOT in park setting....

the time for idling prior to shut off will be determined by the secretary of transportation and may vary on type of vehicle and type of fuel used by the motor

The maximum speed for engaging in a "kill switch" is also to be determined by the secretary of transportation
vehicles in which the seatbelt is unbuckled for the driver will shutdown or when the door is open

Also in the law is a requirement that the driving actions will be monitored and if the algorithm determines that the driver is impaired...the vehicle will shut down.
Traffic Jams are going to be so much more fun now-----your car will not move at all blocking everyone else's car.

Forum List

Back