Biden imposes a 60 day ban on drilling permits on federal lands and waters

Too bad it's just a political grandstanding ploy to satiate his constituents. The finding will be that a permanent ban on drilling would require congressional approval and keeping the companies that hold the leases whole. So it really won't accomplish anything more than pulling the wool over the eyes of his constituents. Too bad for the American families that will be negatively affected by this action.

What families, this ban is on issuing anymore permits those already issued can still be used..
Families of service companies mainly. They don't have deep pockets. They will furlough their employees. It's already happened before back in 2010.

But there will be a trickle down affect on all businesses in the region.
If you have ever worked in the petroleum industry you know it is a feast or famine type of operation it depends on the price of crude. Right now there is an oil glut and that will lay folks off also, not a lack of more permits for exploration.

Dec 21, 2018,08:52am EST
America's Oil And Gas Reserves Double With Massive New Permian Discovery
Ooh.. The excuse making begins. Those job losses will be caused by Biden and the bad policies he champions. Nice job leftists. How many more people do you think you can add to the welfare rolls in the first 6 months of this illegitimate farce?
There are plenty of jobs out there try getting one.
I'm fortunate enough not to need to do that however, after a few weeks of Beijing Biden in the White House there will be far fewer jobs available. We were at 2.3% unemployment in my county before Biden's Chinese virus came. Do you really think the demented fool you placed in office can get an economy to produce those results?
Trump didn't help either he had the highest unemployment since 1929. What in the hell do you expect right now?
Trump was doing all he could to jumpstart the economy. Biden is purposely destroying jobs during this pandemic. What do I expect? I expect the moron to understand the his friends already hurt a lot of Americans and stop trying to inflict more damage.

Too bad it's just a political grandstanding ploy to satiate his constituents. The finding will be that a permanent ban on drilling would require congressional approval and keeping the companies that hold the leases whole. So it really won't accomplish anything more than pulling the wool over the eyes of his constituents. Too bad for the American families that will be negatively affected by this action.

What families, this ban is on issuing anymore permits those already issued can still be used..
Families of service companies mainly. They don't have deep pockets. They will furlough their employees. It's already happened before back in 2010.

If you have ever worked in the petroleum industry you know it is a feast or famine type of operation it depends on the price of crude. Right now there is an oil glut and that will lay folks off also, not a lack of more permits for exploration.

Ooh.. The excuse making begins. Those job losses will be caused by Biden and the bad policies he champions. Nice job leftists. How many more people do you think you can add to the welfare rolls in the first 6 months of this illegitimate farce?
I'm fortunate enough not to need to do that however, after a few weeks of Beijing Biden in the White House there will be far fewer jobs available. We were at 2.3% unemployment in my county before Biden's Chinese virus came. Do you really think the demented fool you placed in office can get an economy to produce those results?
Trump didn't help either he had the highest unemployment since 1929. What in the hell do you expect right now?
Trump was doing all he could to jumpstart the economy. Biden is purposely destroying jobs during this pandemic. What do I expect? I expect the moron to understand the his friends already hurt a lot of Americans and stop trying to inflict more damage.
He's been in office less that 48 hours and already he has ruined the economy according to you economics experts. :auiqs.jpg: :lame2:

Biden refuses to put America First, and does not want to see America being Energy Independent.

I worked 36 years in the oil and gas industry. I have forgotten more about the oil and gas industry than you ever knew.
If you ever become a vice president of a casing comapny let me know then you might. For my oil royalties I like a higher price for crude.
A VP of a casing company doesn't know jack shit about anything other than casing.

I worked 36 years in the oil and gas industry. I have forgotten more about the oil and gas industry than you ever knew.
If you ever become a vice president of a casing comapny let me know then you might. For my oil royalties I like a higher price for crude.
A VP of a casing company doesn't know jack shit about anything other than casing.
How long did it take you to figure that one? lol

About the same amount of time I needed to figure out that a guy that gets a royalty check doesn't know jack shit about anything other than his royalty check. Two seconds.

Biden refuses to put America First, and does not want to see America being Energy Independent.
The USA being energy independent wouldn't benefit Hunter's buddies in Ukraine now would it?

The United States produces a large share of the petroleum1 it consumes, but it uses imports to help supply domestic and international markets
In 2019, the United States produced2 about 19.25 million barrels per day (MMb/d) of petroleum, and it consumed3 about 20.46 MMb/d. Imports from other countries help to supply domestic demand for petroleum. Some of the crude oil that the U.S. imports is refined by U.S. refineries into petroleum products (such as gasoline, heating oil, diesel fuel, and jet fuel) that the U.S. exports. Some of imported petroleum may be stored and subsequently exported.

The United States imported about 9.10 MMb/d of petroleum in 2019 from about 90 countries, which included 6.8 MMb/d of crude oil and 2.3 MMb/d of noncrude petroleum liquids and refined petroleum products. This was the lowest level of total petroleum imports since 1996.

We are not really energy independent.

The United States produces a large share of the petroleum1 it consumes, but it uses imports to help supply domestic and international markets
In 2019, the United States produced2 about 19.25 million barrels per day (MMb/d) of petroleum, and it consumed3 about 20.46 MMb/d. Imports from other countries help to supply domestic demand for petroleum. Some of the crude oil that the U.S. imports is refined by U.S. refineries into petroleum products (such as gasoline, heating oil, diesel fuel, and jet fuel) that the U.S. exports. Some of imported petroleum may be stored and subsequently exported.

The United States imported about 9.10 MMb/d of petroleum in 2019 from about 90 countries, which included 6.8 MMb/d of crude oil and 2.3 MMb/d of noncrude petroleum liquids and refined petroleum products. This was the lowest level of total petroleum imports since 1996.

Actually a lot better than I thought we would ever be. I under estimated shale oil.

About the same amount of time I needed to figure out that a guy that gets a royalty check doesn't know jack shit about anything other than his royalty check. Two seconds.
Well, tell that guy to stop it...I know a guy that may have worked with oil yet knows nothing about the market...

He's been in office less that 48 hours and already he has ruined the economy according to you economics experts. :auiqs.jpg: :lame2:
Do you think taking out 8,000 jobs is a good start on economic prosperity? Before His First Day Is Out, Biden Nukes 8,000 Union Jobs (westernjournal.com)

So other than affecting American workers negatively, this TEMPORARY ban on drilling permits on federal lands and waters won't do a single thing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Washington insiders weren't going long on some of the shale oil company stocks they fucked over. So they can profit when the TEMPORARY ban is lifted and not made into a permanent ban as Biden promised.

Well, tell that guy to stop it...I know a guy that may have worked with oil yet knows nothing about the market...
May have? It works to my advantage that you underestimate me. What markets is it that you don't think I know about?

Why would we? We have a surplus, without having to do any of that drilling, and other forms of energy right now are more economical.

Other forms are more economical?

tumblr_lhvcm3Xvg71qbdyu5o1_500-S.gif

There's no reason to drill on Federal Lands or in national parks when there's a glut of oil on the market and the ppb is so low.

Didn't you point out, emphatically, that there was NO DRILLING on Federal land for decades?

"surada said:
LOL.. Nobody drills on Federal lands.. Never have. Go as far back as Papa Bush or Clinton and look at the unused oil leases on Federal lands."

It seems to me that a "glut" of oil is like too much money.

Communist China, President Biden's golden goose, learned decades ago, from us, that a major key to our success as a country is cheap, plentiful energy. Failed former President Obama knew that and made urgent moves to go for $4.00 a gallon gasoline and our, in his words, cause the cost of our energy to "necessarily skyrocket".

The Biden Crime Family is deep in debt to the Chinese so they much to do in order to repay them.

And was because of the shale oil boom and nothing else. He [Trump] was in the right place at the right time.

Wrong, President Trump improved the conditions for extracting gas and oil, thus, lower prices. BETTER prices.

And was because of the shale oil boom and nothing else. He [Trump] was in the right place at the right time.

Wrong, President Trump improved the conditions for extracting gas and oil, thus, lower prices. BETTER prices.
Good grief. Give me a break.

We weren't even talking about Trump. Feel free to believe that presidents control the economy. I know better.

We buy crude oil and then refine it for export,,,,
We are more energy independent that we were 10 years ago
Why is it you constantly root against America? Chairman Bidern is hurting the US not helping, Are you really that blind that you cannot see it?

Forum List

Back