Biden Fires trump-Appointed Social Security Administration Chief

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
Another trump appointee bites the dust.

The man wasn't even qualified for the job. He worked at a woman's sporting clothes company before trump appointed him.

In the short time he was there he did a lot of damage to seniors and the disabled. He made it nearly impossible for non English people to get help from social security.

Biden also fired the deputy commissioner too.

I applaud Biden for cleaning our government out of unqualified people who work to harm the departments they are in instead of helping people.

The man wasn't even qualified for the job. He worked at a woman's sporting clothes company before trump appointed him.

In the short time he was there he did a lot of damage to seniors and the disabled. He made it nearly impossible for non English people to get help from social security.

I applaud Biden for cleaning our government out of unqualified people who work to harm the departments they are in instead of helping people.

Cool. SS is broke either way.

Quit lying and tell the truth. They wanted him to wear a wig and dress and say he is a she. Like that health care nutjob you adore

o.0

US citizens?

late-stage-dementia-png.506288

“Since taking office, Commissioner Saul has undermined and politicized Social Security disability benefits, terminated the agency’s telework policy that was utilized by up to 25 percent of the agency’s workforce, not repaired SSA’s relationships with relevant Federal employee unions including in the context of COVID-19 workplace safety planning, reduced due process protections for benefits appeals hearings, and taken other actions that run contrary to the mission of the agency and the President’s policy agenda," the White House official said.
Well, it sounds like he should be impeached or indicted, or something!!!

Why is that not happening? Isn't there a congressional oversight committee?

prosecution_for_corruption-png.499297

Never mind - I get it.

Great, another department you loons can screw up.

Can he legally fire them?

Has there EVER, in American history, been an administration that appointed department heads more unqualified to lead them than the four years of the Trump administration?

This was not done accidentally, it was done deliberately. It was done to show contempt for each department of government, and Trump supporters could not have been more pleased to see the government intentionally hamstring.

However, one of the most egregious department heads under Trump, the Postmaster General, Louis DeJoy, is still in office. He worked to intentionally affect the election by removing sorting machines, mailboxes, and cutting overtime. He HAS to be removed.

Has there EVER, in American history, been an administration that appointed department heads more unqualified to lead them than the four years of the Trump administration?

This was not done accidentally, it was done deliberately. It was done to show contempt for each department of government, and Trump supporters could not have been more pleased to see the government intentionally hamstring.

However, one of the most egregious department heads under Trump, the Postmaster General, Louis DeJoy, is still in office. He worked to intentionally affect the election by removing sorting machines, mailboxes, and cutting overtime. He HAS to be removed.

I can't agree with you more.

Thank you.

Obama and now Biden

trump appointed people to head agencies in order to wreck them as part of his plan to wreck the United States Government. This clown shouldn't let the door hit him on the way out. I am sure that Biden will nominate an actual loyal American in his place.

And this would be an example of Trump’s contempt for sound, responsible governance – appoint those unqualified for their position.

Most of the people trump appointed weren't qualified for the job.

The bush boy did it too but not as much.

I'm sure we all remember the dog show guy who he appointed to head FEMA who allowed New Orleans to drown and the bush boy said he was doing a "heck of a job."

The guy knows how to run a business. And that is what SS needed.

The Social Security Act states a commissioner “may be removed from office only pursuant to a finding by the President of neglect of duty or malfeasance in office."

And this would be an example of Trump’s contempt for sound, responsible governance – appoint those unqualified for their position.

Most of the people trump appointed weren't qualified for the job.

The bush boy did it too but not as much.

I'm sure we all remember the dog show guy who he appointed to head FEMA who allowed New Orleans to drown and the bush boy said he was doing a "heck of a job."
It's the donors.

From the link:

Saul was the first confirmed commissioner to head the agency since 2013. The commissioners in the post since then had “acting” in front of their title. Prior to his confirmation, Saul served as an executive for a woman's apparel company and is well-known a Republican donor.

He also was a trustee at the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research, a conservative think tank that has called for cuts to Social Security benefits to streamline the agency, which pays out more than $1 trillion a year to about 64 million Americans.

Give enough $$$, you suddenly are "qualified", the same with Trump' cabinet.

i am not sure who you are talking about the man Xiden fire was Andrew Saul who prior to the SSA was in charge of the Federal Retirement Thrift Board that overall the retirement funds of federal employees and members of the military.

Moreover my mom isn’t English and I know many other non- English people that never has an issue with their SS benefits

hahaa you realize he replaced Obama and Xiden’s appointee…Michael Astrue..who was a poet. Seriously…this guy has years of experience in finance and handling retirement funds…obama and Xiden has a guy that wrote poems

hahaa you realize he replaced Obama and Xiden’s appointee…Michael Astrue..who was a poet. Seriously…this guy has years of experience in finance and handling retirement funds…obama and Xiden has a guy that wrote poems
Astrue was appointed by Bush in 2006.
A poet and a lawyer.
It took a while but Obama fired him in 2013.

Astrue was appointed by Bush in 2006.
A poet and a lawyer.
It took a while but Obama fired him in 2013.
haha he was in office til 2013 when he stepped down…obama never appointed anyone to replace him.

Obama and xiden thought the poet was doing just fine. Trump appointed someone that actually had experience running successful retirement funds

Forum List

Back