Biden cuts off funding of Chinese lab that created Covid

You remember when Fauci said that Covid was not only not created in a lab, he said the US had nothing to do with funding it.

All lies!!

But now Biden has officially cut of funding to the lab Fauci claimed was never funded by the US in the first place

I wonder why.

Anyone?

Why now?

The NIH stated that Fauci was not telling the truth at the time.

No, he was misinformed. Also, he ran NAIAD. The money paid to a subcontractor which paid a subcontractor which paid the Wuhan Lab was through NIH. Not sure how Fauci was supposed to know what was going on at another agency through several levels of subcontractors.

So like Trump supporters you are going to argue that he was simply clueless and incompetent concerning what was going on under him.

The Biden administration has suspended funding for the Wuhan Institute of Virology following a monthslong review that determined that the Chinese research institute “is not compliant with federal regulations and is not presently responsible,” according to a memo from the Department of Health and Human Services.

Obviously this was just recently done due to this review they did.

Odd

The entire reason that we offshored it in the first place is that Gain of function research was made illegal in the US.

First, I wouldn't believe anything I read in the blaze.

Secondly, if it came from the lab, the first outbreak would be outside the lab, not in a Wet Market 7 miles away across the river.

There were multiple first outbreaks in the lab.
There was no wet market outbreak.

Now I am confused. Trump said he cut off the funding (after starting the funding back up earlier).

The Trump administration abruptly cut off funding for a project studying how coronaviruses spread from bats to people after reports linked the work to a lab in Wuhan, China, at the center of conspiracy theories about the Covid-19 pandemic’s origins.

Trump cuts U.S. research on bat-human virus transmission over China ties

So which is the truth here? The Blaze is lying? Trump lied and never ended the funding?

I know that you know that there are multiple funding streams, and that money is fungible.

He might have....

My issue was votto claimed Fauci said it was not created in a Chinese Lab....he did not say that, he left an opening that it could have come from the Lab.

He didn't.
He threatened and bribed every scientist that knew and stated that it was manmade from a lab.

The NIH stated that Fauci was not telling the truth at the time.

You mean they fessed up to what they were doing, even though Fauci wasn't in charge of them.

That they gave money to a contractor who gave it to a subcontractor who gave money to the Wuhan Lab... just like everyone else, they subcontracted to China, because everything gets subcontracted to China.

So like Trump supporters you are going to argue that he was simply clueless and incompetent concerning what was going on under him.

Except he wasn't in charge of NIH.

There were multiple first outbreaks in the lab.
There was no wet market outbreak.
If you are this woefully misinformed, there's not much I can do for you.

Odd

The entire reason that we offshored it in the first place is that Gain of function research was made illegal in the US.
Well you got some of it right. Yet it was Banned until 2017. So prior to 2017 and the years that it was banned does not mean that US authorized Wuhan to use BOF. They are not going to ban it then turn around and use it in another country. But if they lift the ban then the dynamics change.

Gain of Function was lifted in 2017 under the Trump administration. Now the dynamics are changed.

$3.7 million went to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and not all of the funding took place under the Obama administration. Approximately $700,000 of the $3.7 million total was approved under Donald Trump

Who was president when they lifted the ban on gain of function in 2017 ?

So Donald Trump was president when gain of function was lifted. They even sent money to the Wuhan lab.

2019-2020 COVID hits and who was the president ?

Yes Obama admin sent money to Wulan lab for research but it was not for them to use GOF which was banned at that time.

Trump admin sent moneyt o Wulan lab and lifted the ban on GOF. Then the COVID - 19 strikes under his watch.

Things that make you go (Hummmmm)

"They are not going to ban it then turn around and use it in another country. "

No that is exactly why we offshore stuff.

Jesus.

You remember when Fauci said that Covid was not only not created in a lab, he said the US had nothing to do with funding it.

All lies!!

But now Biden has officially cut of funding to the lab Fauci claimed was never funded by the US in the first place

I wonder why.

Anyone?

Why now?

why did trump fund this illegal research?

Let's not forget Fauci announced that Trump would face a SUPRISE PANDEMIC back in 2017!!!!!
Then BOOM, it happened.

Um, we have surprise pandemics in every presidency. Zika, Ebola, West Nile, SARS.

The difference is that while past presidents allocated the resources to prepare and combat them, Trump disbanded the Pandemic Response team, threw out Obama's Pandemic Response Plan because it was from Obama,

Um, we have surprise pandemics in every presidency. Zika, Ebola, West Nile, SARS.

The difference is that while past presidents allocated the resources to prepare and combat them, Trump disbanded the Pandemic Response team, threw out Obama's Pandemic Response Plan because it was from Obama,
GAIN OF FUNCTION RESEARCH IS THE CAUSE OF ALL THAT!!!!!
:evil:

GAIN OF FUNCTION RESEARCH IS THE CAUSE OF ALL THAT!!!!!

Except no evidence that GOF was being performed on this strain of viruses.

7 miles ? I ran further than that in the Army.
Did you run that far with a respiratory disease?

You kind of missed my point. If the virus came from the lab, then the offices and neighborhood immediately around the lab would have had the first infections, not a wet food market 7 miles away.

Particularly in a city like Wuhan, which has a population of 12 million.

The problem is, eating weird animals is kind of something they do in China. It was only a matter of time before a disease jumped from a bat or a racoon dog or some other animal to people.

Meanwhile, in other news, my Chinese girlfriend and her daughter had me try duck feet this last weekend. And they didn't think it was weird at all.

Last edited:
Did you run that far with a respitory disease?

You kind of missed my point. If the virus came from the lab, then the offices and neighborhood immediately around the lab would have had the first infections, not a wet food market 7 miles away.

The problem is, eating weird animals is kind of something they do in China. It was only a matter of time before a disease jumped from a bat or a racoon dog or some other animal to people.

Meanwhile, in other news, my Chinese girlfriend and her daughter had me try duck feet this last weekend. And they didn't think it was weird at all.
A person from the lab could have been infected and didn't show symptoms, then went on to spread it to the market area. I do not understand why you people try so hard to exclude the Wuhan labs culpability in the COVID virus.

The first known infections are likely from the researchers that had earlier showed up at the hospital.

Bullshit.

likely, possibly, whatever. These three guys had a cold.
They didn't die from Covid.

A person from the lab could have been infected and didn't show symptoms, then went on to spread it to the market area. I do not understand why you people try so hard to exclude the Wuhan labs culpability in the COVID virus.

Oh, I don't know, lack of actual EVIDENCE.

When one of you wingnuts tries to hang the blame on the Wuhan lab, it's usually because you don't want to admit that Trump fucked up the response to the virus and a million people died.

Forum List

Back