Bible Stories, Thrillers Make Morocco a Top Filming Choice

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
The movie business might grow in Morocco. Who knows -- you might have seen a movie with the scenery actually from Morocco.

Bible Stories, Thrillers Make Morocco a Top Filming Choice

Filming equipment is left outside the arched set for Pontius Pilate's palace in the TV series "A.D." in Ouarzazate, Morocco, Jan. 30, 2015.

Associated Press
April 20, 2015 8:05 PM

OUARZAZATE, MOROCCO—
"QUIET!" The cry rings out in English, French and Arabic across the cobblestoned streets of Jerusalem, as filming begins for a scene in the series "A.D. The Bible Continues."

But while the arched doorways, balconies and furnishings all say Roman-era Israel, the real-life setting is southern Morocco.

Viewers in America and elsewhere in the world may not know it but they have seen a lot of Morocco in the past year. It has served as the Baghdad of "American Sniper," the Tehran seen in TV series "Homeland," the Mali of "American Odyssey" and the Egypt that will appear in the miniseries "King Tut."

Morocco has also been Somalia numerous times, including in the 2001 film "Blackhawk Down," and more recently in the 2013 "Captain Philips." And it will be Saudi Arabia in this year's "Hologram for a King" starring Tom Hanks.

Continue reading at:

http://www.voanews.com/content/bible-stories-and-thrillers-make-morocco-a-top-fi

I don't think Morocco holds a candle to Pallywood.

game of thrones and other shows and movies are filmed there.

I don 't feel like looking it up, but do you know if Ben Hur was filmed there? Lots of movies and TV shows are filmed in my neighborhood (as well as all around the Los Angeles area), and it was weird one time seeing how they turned a park into a cemetery. I thought for a moment I had lost my way.

Dawn of the walking dead was filmed in Gaza. Perfect setting.

game of thrones and other shows and movies are filmed there.

I don 't feel like looking it up, but do you know if Ben Hur was filmed there? Lots of movies and TV shows are filmed in my neighborhood (as well as all around the Los Angeles area), and it was weird one time seeing how they turned a park into a cemetery. I thought for a moment I had lost my way.

ben hur was filmed in Lebanon and Italy as well a studio

Forum List

Back