Best Earthquake Tweets

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
@pareene: “I think Chris Christie just jumped into the race.”

@robdelaney: “Did anyone I have a crush on’s husband or boyfriend die in the earthquake? DM me.”

@ModeledBehavior: “More and more scientists are questioning whether that was a real quake. It is a theory that’s out there.”

@snowed_in: “Breaking: Carole King feels the earth move under her feet.”

@chashomans: “I guess I better get an intern working on a ‘Five Things You Didn’t Know About the Mayan Serpent God’ listicle.”

@MichaelSLinden: “US Geological Survey’s budget was cut by some $20 million this year. #justsaying”

@daveweigel: “DEVELOPING: Earthquake turns Gallup offices upside down. Obama now at 62% approval”

@jdickerson: “Everyone calm down. If this is an earthquake on the east coast we’re supposed to react ironically.”

@balycooley: “I don’t want to die at a freelance job, for god’s sake.”

@pattonoswalt: “Not to panic anyone in NYC, but a screaming John Cusack just drove by in a limo that was missing a door.”

@samfbiddle: “WAS IT PREMATURE TO DO ALL THAT LOOTING”

@politicoroger: “We wouldn’t be having earthquakes like this if Hillary were president.”

@TomFornelli: “WOLF BLITZER IS ON THE PHONE WITH THE EARTHQUAKE.”

@davidfrum: “DC public schools did not dismiss. The kids are tougher than Politico.”

And a few from us:

@ezraklein: “The Ocean’s 13 team is presumably stealing something pretty valuable right now.”

@bradplumer: “A nuclear reactor near epicenter of VA earthquake is designed to withstand a 5.9-6.1 quake: bit.ly/nVW1Tq We got 5.8”

@dylanmatt: “In retrospect, I resorted to cannibalism rather fast after the earthquake.”

@emptywheel March 15, 2011, Eric Cantor attacked USGS funding. August 23, 2011, freak earthquake hits his district.

Forum List

Back