Bernie Sanders Will Be Stopped by Hackable Barcode Votes in California Super Tuesday

munkle

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2012
I like technology but barcodes that you can't read for voting? Really? Can anyone else see why this is a bad idea?

Bernie Sanders Will Be Stopped by Hackable Barcode Votes in California Super Tuesday | Soapboxie

Bernie Sanders Will Be Stopped by Hackable Barcode Votes in California

As Bernie Sanders closes in on being neck-and-neck with purported front-runner Joe Biden, an audacious move by election officials in California swings the pendulum back to more hackable, un-transparent, and unverifiable elections than ever before. The state is implementing a voting system which converts and transmits a voter's choices in the form of a barcode, that the voter cannot read, and which could say anything.

The system is widely criticized by election integrity activists as a giant step backward in honest elections. Los Angeles County has stonewalled election activists' requests for more information on the security of the system, and has not responded to an offer by a computer expert to determine if the system would pass a "hack test."

An iconoclastic candidate who frequently lights into the DNC (the Democratic National Committee), Sanders is now narrowing the gap with the more big-business-friendly Joe Biden. If there were a battleground on which to stop any momentum accumulated by Sanders on March 3rd, Super Tuesday, Los Angeles would be the place.

Elections activists have long called for a universal system of voter hand-marked paper ballots, either counted by hand or run through an optical scanner device that takes and stores a digital image of each ballot.

Why Use QR Codes for Voting?

Los Angeles County, the state's most populous county and crucial to the ambitions of any Democratic Party nominee, has adopted the Smartmatic VSAP "Voting Solutions for All People" ballot marking device voting system, which utilizes a touch-screen machine on which a voter taps his or her choices, similar to a bank ATM machine. The ballot marking device then prints out a barcode on a paper ballot which cannot be deciphered by the voter.

Although the voter's choices are printed on the ballot with the familiar "bubbles" filled in next to candidates' names, it is the barcode, in this case a two-dimensional type of barcode called a QR code, that is read by the vote-counting machine that the printed ballot is inserted into. The QR code is undecipherable to humans and could say anything.

For example, the QR code below reads "Elizabeth Warren." But the QR code below that reads "Ha ha I just stole your vote."

Code reads "Elizabeth Warren"
14833306.png

Code reads "Ha ha I just stole your vote"
14833308.png

MORE Bernie Sanders Will Be Stopped by Hackable Barcode Votes in California Super Tuesday | Soapboxie

I like technology but barcodes that you can't read for voting? Really? Can anyone else see why this is a bad idea?

Bernie Sanders Will Be Stopped by Hackable Barcode Votes in California Super Tuesday | Soapboxie

As Bernie Sanders closes in on being neck-and-neck with purported front-runner Joe Biden, an audacious move by election officials in California swings the pendulum back to more hackable, un-transparent, and unverifiable elections than ever before. The state is implementing a voting system which converts and transmits a voter's choices in the form of a barcode, that the voter cannot read, and which could say anything.

The system is widely criticized by election integrity activists as a giant step backward in honest elections. Los Angeles County has stonewalled election activists' requests for more information on the security of the system, and has not responded to an offer by a computer expert to determine if the system would pass a "hack test."

An iconoclastic candidate who frequently lights into the DNC (the Democratic National Committee), Sanders is now narrowing the gap with the more big-business-friendly Joe Biden. If there were a battleground on which to stop any momentum accumulated by Sanders on March 3rd, Super Tuesday, Los Angeles would be the place.

Elections activists have long called for a universal system of voter hand-marked paper ballots, either counted by hand or run through an optical scanner device that takes and stores a digital image of each ballot.

Los Angeles County, the state's most populous county and crucial to the ambitions of any Democratic Party nominee, has adopted the Smartmatic VSAP "Voting Solutions for All People" ballot marking device voting system, which utilizes a touch-screen machine on which a voter taps his or her choices, similar to a bank ATM machine. The ballot marking device then prints out a barcode on a paper ballot which cannot be deciphered by the voter.

Although the voter's choices are printed on the ballot with the familiar "bubbles" filled in next to candidates' names, it is the barcode, in this case a two-dimensional type of barcode called a QR code, that is read by the vote-counting machine that the printed ballot is inserted into. The QR code is undecipherable to humans and could say anything.

For example, the QR code below reads "Elizabeth Warren." But the QR code below that reads "Ha ha I just stole your vote."

14833306.png

14833308.png

MORE Bernie Sanders Will Be Stopped by Hackable Barcode Votes in California Super Tuesday | Soapboxie

The people must always be overruled by capital in some manner.

“The first principle,” said Richard Feynman, “is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool.”

When it comes to pundits and politics this year, I’d revise the great physicist’s admonition as follows: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself that Bernie Sanders can’t win — not just the Democratic nomination, but also the presidency itself.”

What it comes down to is this: We don’t want Sanders to be elected, so we tell ourselves he can’t.

To energize black support, Bernie should choose Eric Holder or Stacey Abrams as his VP

14833306.png

14833308.png

Whatever it takes for Uncle Vlad to get Trump reelected

I guess you don't realize that QR codes and bar codes are two completely different things.

You are so easy to own. A QR code is a type of barcode.
Barcode - Wikipedia

QR codes, a specific type of 2D barcode, have recently become very popular

Recently? They have been around for 25 years!

Also, your smart phone can read them.
They can't read these. Theyre encrypted. They would need a special scanner. If we get a lot of complaints after this election, we are considering buying handheld scanners so voters can check their ballot before casting it.

I guess you don't realize that QR codes and bar codes are two completely different things.

Barcode - Wikipedia

They can't read these. Theyre encrypted. They would need a special scanner. If we get a lot of complaints after this election, we are considering buying handheld scanners so voters can check their ballot before casting it.

Your article does not say they are encrypted. Since they are a backup for the optically scanned ballot, why should we care that this is a second method of recording a voter's ballot?

Why are you lying? That is not commendable for even a Puddle Pilot.

Barcode - Wikipedia

Your article does not say they are encrypted. Since they are a backup for the optically scanned ballot, why should we care that this is a second method of recording a voter's ballot?

I’m telling you they are whether the article mentions it or not. We use a similar system. You can’t read the QR code from our ballots with your stupid phone.

And it’s not the backup. At central scan, it is scanning the QR code not the list of chosen candidates.

Too technical for you, squid?

Barcode - Wikipedia

It's the only method that counts, because the vote-counting scanner reads the QR code and ONLY the QR code. Which a human cannot read. What it says on the ballot in English doesn't matter.

Barcode - Wikipedia

It's the only method that counts, because the vote-counting scanner reads the QR code and ONLY the QR code. Which a human cannot read. What it says on the ballot in English doesn't matter.

What it says in English does matter. During a post election manual audit, the names in English are what is counted.

Barcode - Wikipedia

Nope. That is not what the linked article says.

Barcode - Wikipedia

I’m telling you they are whether the article mentions it or not. We use a similar system. You can’t read the QR code from our ballots with your stupid phone.

And it’s not the backup. At central scan, it is scanning the QR code not the list of chosen candidates.

Why are you lying? The article is very clear, and what you claim is not in the article.

Do you need reading lessons Muddy Water Sailor?

Barcode - Wikipedia

Why are you lying? The article is very clear, and what you claim is not in the article.

Just because it isn't in the poorly written article from a website nobody ever heard of does not make my statement a lie. I work at an Election Office. We have a QR cpde printed on our ballots that print from the ballot marking machine. You cannot read the code with your phone. These are facts.

Just because it isn't in the poorly written article from a website nobody ever heard of does not make my statement a lie. I work at an Election Office. We have a QR cpde printed on our ballots that print from the ballot marking machine. You cannot read the code with your phone. These are facts.

In other words, you are saying you don't know shit! Why didn't you just say so?

What’s with you being a dick for no apparent reason?

Here you go, asshole:

Currently, when a Coloradan votes at a polling location, a device prints a paper ballot that displays the voter's choices and a QR code embedded with those choices.

But the voter cannot verify that the QR code contains the correct data, according to the release, which added that the codes are "potentially subject to manipulation."

Colorado to abandon ballot QR codes, citing election security concerns

So why is that, shit for brains? Because you cannot use your phone to view them.

What’s with you being a dick for no apparent reason?

Here you go, asshole:

Currently, when a Coloradan votes at a polling location, a device prints a paper ballot that displays the voter's choices and a QR code embedded with those choices.

But the voter cannot verify that the QR code contains the correct data, according to the release, which added that the codes are "potentially subject to manipulation."

Colorado to abandon ballot QR codes, citing election security concerns

So why is that, shit for brains? Because you cannot use your phone to view them.

I am being a dick for a very apparent reason. You made a statements based on your beliefs and tried to pass it off as fact. I don't tolerate that shit from anyone.

Your linked article STILL does not verify what you claim, dumbass!

If this is to blame California why doesn't the article talk about other states that use a bar code for counting votes.

North Carolina just approved this year the continued use of bar codes

Georgia has been using bar codes for a while

Louisiana, South Carolina, New Jersey and various counties throughout the US who can afford them have them

It would seem quite a few states use bar code and the better ones also have a paper trail

some will print the input in readable form by a person and also a bar code

Still its clear that elections are fraught with peril and getting it right is a huge task

but as each side points fingers, its amazing as with paper there have been obvious problems and with bar codes cyber people are saying it can be hacked.

Still I think bar codes are easier and they should print out a plain read able form to give to the voter to keep

I think that if they are hacked then it will be discovered and quite a mess to clean up. Still it has to be determined that it was hacked and not presumed that it can be hacked

But I do not see how this effects Bernie unless the assumption is made that hackers will make him lose

Still he has lost every time but he keeps on ticking

Last edited:

Forum List

Back