Bernie Sanders: ‘I'm Running Because We Need to Address the Planetary Crisis of Climate Change’

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
good grief. I wonder if we can take our magic wand and conjurer up a lighting strike? :ack-1:

these people are freaking insane and they are RUNNING our Government.

snip:

CNSNews.com Staff | December 20, 2015 | 9:48 AM EST

(CNSNews.com) - In his opening statement at the third Democratic presidential debate hosted by ABC News at St. Anselm College in New Hampshire on Saturday night, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont said he is running because America needs to address “the planetary crisis” caused by climate change.

Sanders also said he is running because “our economy is rigged” and the campaign finance system is one where “billionaires are spending hundreds of millionaires of dollars to buy candidates," and because he wants a new foreign policy "that destroys ISIS, but...does not get us involved in perpetual warfare in the quagmire of the Middle East."

all of it here:
Bernie Sanders: ‘I'm Running Because We Need to Address the Planetary Crisis of Climate Change’

good grief. I wonder if we can take our magic wand and conjurer up a lighting strike? :ack-1:

snip:

(CNSNews.com) - In his opening statement at the third Democratic presidential debate hosted by ABC News at St. Anselm College in New Hampshire on Saturday night, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont said he is running because America needs to address “the planetary crisis” caused by climate change.

Sanders also said he is running because “our economy is rigged” and the campaign finance system is one where “billionaires are spending hundreds of millionaires of dollars to buy candidates," and because he wants a new foreign policy "that destroys ISIS, but...does not get us involved in perpetual warfare in the quagmire of the Middle East."

all of it here:
What is a "lighting strike?" Derp, Derp, Derp, LOL.

Hey tea tard, in the Philadelphia area on xmas eve, the forecast is for temperatures in the 70's, only about 30 some degrees above average.

Now since you aren't very good in the thinking department, I'll tell you what the other nutters would instruct you to say:

"That isn't climate. It is weather."

But if it was the other way around, and the temps were 30 degrees below the average temperature, then of course in the nutter's mind it would be proof that global warming doesn't exist.

That individual temperature is weather. However, the fact that each of the super El Nino's get warmer as the decades go by is climate. And 2014 equaled the super El Nino of 1998, and 2014 was mostly an ENSO neutral year. That is climate. 2015 is going to blow all the old records away, and 2016 may do the same with only one half of the year in an El Nino state.

That individual temperature is weather. However, the fact that each of the super El Nino's get warmer as the decades go by is climate. And 2014 equaled the super El Nino of 1998, and 2014 was mostly an ENSO neutral year. That is climate. 2015 is going to blow all the old records away, and 2016 may do the same with only one half of the year in an El Nino state.
I understand that. I was just pointing out the mind set of the deniers/nutters.

snip:

all of it here:

Hey tea tard, in the Philadelphia area on xmas eve, the forecast is for temperatures in the 70's, only about 30 some degrees above average.

Now since you aren't very good in the thinking department, I'll tell you what the other nutters would instruct you to say:

But if it was the other way around, and the temps were 30 degrees below the average temperature, then of course in the nutter's mind it would be proof that global warming doesn't exist.

I'm not far from Philadelphia, just outside Princeton. Yup, we're going to have a balmy Christmas. And of course, no snow. We are in a very, very heavily treed area and the trees are confused, field grasses, too. Canadian geese are flying in circles and not south.

This is a very cool site (Global Analysis - November 2015 | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)) where you can see just how warm every place is by month. Can't wait to see December.

201511.gif

Translation:
We need to spread all this American wealth more evenly over the rest of the world to make things fair!!!!!!....... OH...and to stop global warming.

Ah, the predictable drive-by, no-facts-to-refute losers have shown up, as evidenced by posts #7-10.
I need facts to prove taxing people doesn't slow natural earth evolution?
I need facts to show how Bernie isn't liberal?
You dumb bro?

Ah, the predictable drive-by, no-facts-to-refute losers have shown up, as evidenced by posts #7-10.
You dumb bro?

No, but you are. Why don't you actually look up what he says about climate change and it's consequences instead of letting your eyes glaze over and mouthing rightwing talking points?

Took me less than a minute to find his comments. Nowhere does he mention raising taxes, mouth-breather.

""""Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Sunday reiterated his claim that climate change will lead to terrorism by destabilizing regions affected by droughts, floods, and other natural disasters.

“The reason is pretty obvious: If we are going to see an increase in drought and flood and extreme weather disturbances as a result of climate change, what that means is that peoples all over the world are going to be fighting over limited natural resources,” Sanders said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”
“If there is not enough water, if there is not enough land to grow your crops, then you’re going to see migrants of people fighting over land that will sustain them, and that will lead to international conflict,” he added.

“Well what happens in, say, Syria… is that when you have drought, when people can’t grow their crops, they’re going to migrate into cities,” Sanders said.

“And when people migrate into cities and they don’t have jobs, there’s going to be a lot more instability, a lot more unemployment, and people will be subject to the types of propaganda that al Qaeda and ISIS are using right now,” he added.

“So where you have discontent, where you have instability, that’s where problems arise, and certainly, without a doubt, climate change will lead to that.”

Sanders doubles down: Climate change causes terrorism

You dumb bro?

No, but you are. Why don't you actually look up what he says about climate change and it's consequences instead of letting your eyes glaze over and mouthing rightwing talking points?

Took me less than a minute to find his comments. Nowhere does he mention raising taxes, mouth-breather.

""""Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Sunday reiterated his claim that climate change will lead to terrorism by destabilizing regions affected by droughts, floods, and other natural disasters.

“The reason is pretty obvious: If we are going to see an increase in drought and flood and extreme weather disturbances as a result of climate change, what that means is that peoples all over the world are going to be fighting over limited natural resources,” Sanders said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”
“If there is not enough water, if there is not enough land to grow your crops, then you’re going to see migrants of people fighting over land that will sustain them, and that will lead to international conflict,” he added.

“Well what happens in, say, Syria… is that when you have drought, when people can’t grow their crops, they’re going to migrate into cities,” Sanders said.

“And when people migrate into cities and they don’t have jobs, there’s going to be a lot more instability, a lot more unemployment, and people will be subject to the types of propaganda that al Qaeda and ISIS are using right now,” he added.

“So where you have discontent, where you have instability, that’s where problems arise, and certainly, without a doubt, climate change will lead to that.”

Sanders doubles down: Climate change causes terrorism
Essentially, that's the point moron. Why do you think it is tied in with taxes and such? Why do you think our ta money is going to be going to third world shit holes?
That is almost as dumb as blaming your daughters asthma on climate change.
Those people have lived in the desert for thousands of years. Lets be REAL

snip:

all of it here:

I'm not far from Philadelphia, just outside Princeton. Yup, we're going to have a balmy Christmas. And of course, no snow. We are in a very, very heavily treed area and the trees are confused, field grasses, too. Canadian geese are flying in circles and not south.

This is a very cool site (Global Analysis - November 2015 | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)) where you can see just how warm every place is by month. Can't wait to see December.

201511.gif
This is an el nino effect. There is a high pressure area keeping cold air to the north.

Forum List

Back