Bernie running on "fighting Western imperialism".

Sounds good to me. It would seem to me that any sane person would understand that we can not continue to waste trillions of dollars and putting our kids in a massive hole that is not going end well.

Any sane person would not risk the lives of young adults for what? What have we gained?

Sounds good to me. It would seem to me that any sane person would understand that we can not continue to waste trillions of dollars and putting our kids in a massive hole that is not going end well.

Any sane person would not risk the lives of young adults for what? What have we gained?
Are you claiming Bernie will balance the budget with his free medicare and moronic New Green Deal costing over $120 TRILLION?

There is no "Omar" in the OP.

Fatter o' mact there is no link in the OP either. No source, no quote, no image, nothing. Just a disconnected parrot dropping.
There is a link, there is a quote. You are just too fucking stupid to see it.

You are the kind of moron Bernie relies on.

You tried to hide it with a quote box?

Why?

And STILL no response to my historical post about imperialism.

the operative word is HISTORY

Sure is. The OP doesn't seem to have any. I never asked for a monopoly on the history books; I share.
You seem very triggered at the success America has had. All the good it has done over the centuries...........destroying Nazism, Fascism............perhaps you would like those to flourish around the globe.

How sad for you.

No actually how sad for YOU that you bury your head in the sand with these jingo fantasies, just because you're told to and don't dare question.

From my video source page:

>> According to conservative estimation, its gargantuan US military apparatus engaged into no less than 176 operations on foreign soil between 1800 and 2010 -including the usual wars but also the toppling of governments, illegal occupations, and acts of terrorism.

Today the US keeps between 700 and 900 military bases in over 80 countries and regions, and frequently issues warnings and threats against its adversaries, enemies, or any foreign government that doesn't fall in line with US policy, such as China, Russia, Iran, Japan, and the entire Middle East, South America, and Africa. <<​

Those operations include bringing down democratically-elected governments in Guatemala, Iran, Congo, Brasil, Chile and others; and attempting unsuccessfully to do the same in Indonesia, Egypt and others; invading sovereign territory such as Hawaìi, the Philippines, Iraq, Cambodia, Laos, Colombia and others; shutting down elections in Vietnam; fomenting attempted revolutions (without physical support) in Eastern Europe, Cuba and others; installing puppet governments in Vietnam, Iran, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Brasil, Congo, Panama, etc, and stationing occupying troops in Haiti, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Germany, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Korea, and of course the islands and territories we "took". And those are just the bigger ones. Show the class an imperial power whose reach extends further.

Here's a little musical ditty for ya. I'm betting you have no idea what it is. Titled "Sukiyaki"in the States just because it's in Japanese and we can't be bothered to explain what it really is (and would be embarrassing to US imperialism to do so), it's a lament written after the songwriter came back from a vigorous protest against US occupation which was quashed -- this is an optimistic wish that the US puppet government would go and the people could have their own, which eventually they did.

But ----- "Sukiyaki" right. Because you don't need to know, and they don't want us to know.

You'll notice the lyric translation is deliberately nonspecific, only hinting at its origin. They had to do the same thing in Brasil during the US-installed military dick-tatorship there, because censorship you know. So they disguise political protest as love songs. Matter of fact I have a dozen or more Brazilian LPs in my collection festooned with a government sticker saying it's PROHIBITED to play them on the radio (which I then of course did).

Não tem discussão, não.
A minha gente hoje anda falando de lado e olhando pro chão
Apesar De Você amanhã vai ser outro día = "No discussion, none. My people walk sideways, looking down
...in spite of you (meaning, the government) tomorrow will be a new day" --- basically the same sentiment as Ue o Muite Arukō above.

This is the people on the other end speaking. Take your fingers out of your ears and LISTEN.

There is a link, there is a quote. You are just too fucking stupid to see it.

You are the kind of moron Bernie relies on.

You tried to hide it with a quote box?

Why?

And STILL no response to my historical post about imperialism.

the operative word is HISTORY

Sure is. The OP doesn't seem to have any. I never asked for a monopoly on the history books; I share.
You seem very triggered at the success America has had. All the good it has done over the centuries...........destroying Nazism, Fascism............perhaps you would like those to flourish around the globe.

How sad for you.

No actually how sad for YOU that you bury your head in the sand with these jingo fantasies, just because you're told to and don't dare question.

From my video source page:

>> According to conservative estimation, its gargantuan US military apparatus engaged into no less than 176 operations on foreign soil between 1800 and 2010 -including the usual wars but also the toppling of governments, illegal occupations, and acts of terrorism.

Today the US keeps between 700 and 900 military bases in over 80 countries and regions, and frequently issues warnings and threats against its adversaries, enemies, or any foreign government that doesn't fall in line with US policy, such as China, Russia, Iran, Japan, and the entire Middle East, South America, and Africa. <<​

Those operations include bringing down democratically-elected governments in Guatemala, Iran, Congo, Brasil, Chile and others; and attempting unsuccessfully to do the same in Indonesia, Egypt and others; invading sovereign territory such as Hawaìi, the Philippines, Iraq, Cambodia, Laos, Colombia and others; shutting down elections in Vietnam; fomenting attempted revolutions (without physical support) in Eastern Europe, Cuba and others; installing puppet governments in Vietnam, Iran, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Brasil, Congo, Panama, etc, and stationing occupying troops in Haiti, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Germany, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Korea, and of course the islands and territories we "took". And those are just the bigger ones. Show the class an imperial power whose reach extends further.

Here's a little musical ditty for ya. I'm betting you have no idea what it is. Titled "Sukiyaki"in the States just because it's in Japanese and we can't be bothered to explain what it really is (and would be embarrassing to US imperialism to do so), it's a lament written after the songwriter came back from a vigorous protest against US occupation which was quashed -- this is an optimistic wish that the US puppet government would go and the people could have their own, which eventually they did.

But ----- "Sukiyaki" right. Because you don't need to know, and they don't want us to know.

You'll notice the lyric translation is deliberately nonspecific, only hinting at its origin. They had to do the same thing in Brasil during the US-installed military dick-tatorship there, because censorship you know. So they disguise political protest as love songs.

Não tem discussão, não.
A minha gente hoje anda falando de lado e olhando pro chão
Apesar De Você amanhã vai ser outro día = "No discussion, none. My people walk sideways, looking down
...in spite of you (meaning, the government) tomorrow will be a new day" --- basically the same sentiment as Ue o Muite Arukō above.

This is the people on the other end speaking. Take your fingers out of your ears and LISTEN.

Your America hating is noted. Perhaps you would be happier in Venezuela.

I can't believe this country has elected this bitch to office. Thanks Minnesota, you goddamn assholes !

Um, I think that's Vermont. And you're welcome.
Didn't watch the video in the OP, didya?

Your ignorance is astounding.

What's your thread title, Nostril?
You can't read? Why am I not surprised?

You can't write?
I read one name in your title. Can you guess what it is? Open book test. YOUR OWN TITLE, Schmegma.

I can't believe this country has elected this bitch to office. Thanks Minnesota, you goddamn assholes !

You can't write?
I read one name in your title. Can you guess what it is? Open book test. YOUR OWN TITLE, Schmegma.
You really are dumb.

You can't write?
You really are dumb.

So you can't guess what your own title is? Even while it's right here on the page?

You can't write?
You really are dumb.

So you can't guess what your own title is? Even while it's right here on the page?
Unlike you, I don't have to guess because I can read.

Are you claiming Bernie will balance the budget with his free medicare and moronic New Green Deal costing over $120 TRILLION?

No, but he isn't the one running on that promise. Besides, neither side is making that an issue any longer so why does it matter?

You can't write?
You really are dumb.

But you can't bring yourself to say it.

You want a screenshot?

You can't write?
You really are dumb.

But you can't bring yourself to say it.

You want a screenshot?
Don't need to say it. I wrote it.

Don't need a screenshot either.

Why are you so confused by the thread title? Too many big words?

No, but he isn't the one running on that promise. Besides, neither side is making that an issue any longer so why does it matter?
Oh, you were whining about debt.......but give Bernie a pass because he doesn't care about racking up debt.

Got it.

Oh, you were whining about debt.......but give Bernie a pass because he doesn't care about racking up debt.

Got it.

I believe we need to balance the budget. I condemned the hypocrisy out of the right. Since we are not I believe helping people is far, far, far more preferable to wasting trillions in the middle east.

FEEL THE BERN BABY!!!!

98864eb2f8fac90c4675ee006a3ffb96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sanderisamoronpljihnjgfvrdes.jpg

You can't write?
You really are dumb.
Trust me, Mr. Nostra that Pogo is not dumb. And there is not a better environmentalist and naturalist in the sense of zoology and ornithology on this board. He simply is loyal to politicians he trusts, and he is not a grudge bearer. If you alter your approach to we agree to disagree, you will have a reasonable debate with this good man and loyal American citizen. I am probably the farthest right conservative on this board, and I know there are people I cannot communicate with because they hated Trump before he had taken his oath of office. Pogo isn't one of those who will take a mile if you give him an inch. But he will give you his opinion. We are one nation, but the place we stand often puts us on a theoretical circle of our earth. Some see daylight while those on the opposite see a quarter moon. Think of our political realm as a circle, and it helps put things in perspective. We can't change where a man is standing, but we can respect that place.

I came here in 2011. I thought it was interesting that someone would pick Pogo as his avatar, as I remembered the last cartoon of Pogo in the paper, he said something to the effect "I have seen the enemy, and the enemy is us." I couldn't help but respect a man who'd build his avatar on someone whose last statement made a lasting impression on many, many Americans.

Just my two cents. I welcome you to the USMB boards, and I hope you come to peace with people who stand in a field opposite you, but can tell you what he sees from his angle on the map. If you care to get a glimpse of America on someone else's field, whether you agree or not. It's what they see. Good luck around here. ;)

Forum List

Back