Bernanke's lies versus reality

Sure. I think the next five years will see substandard growth, though growth over the next 4-6 quarters will probably surprise to the upside. And I also believe that the government and the Fed are re-creating the same environment as it did earlier in the decade (though without the structures and conduits in the shadow banking system to really gun credit). That probably means real assets could go through the roof.

But nothing has changed in the fundamental structure of the US economy. Economic growth is created by growth in productivity. Despite the horrible mis-management of the economy, nothing has happened over the past decade to permanently damage the prospects for long term growth in productivity.

I suppose then that we're 100% in agreement

The US needs to shift resources towards manufacturing and production... which is why I say what I say about Bernanke and the fed... they are blocking the inevitable shift that needs to take place in the overall structure of the economy

I'm not as optimistic about the near future, but I don't discount the possibility of continued growth

Forum List

Back