Ben Carson Assures Conservatives He Will Only Target Liberal Free Speech

nuhuh

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Swimming pools, movie stars
Wow, does this mean that if Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders wins the presidency we can expect them to okay the monitoring and punishment of right wing free speech? I don't think this would fly in a Democratic government and I wonder why something like the thought police isn't soundly condemned on the right. Whatever it is in the Republican party that breeds and allows this kind of constitutional insanity needs to be removed. Ben Carson is polling higher than Trump in Iowa and if he becomes the nominee you can pretty much guarantee an impeachment in his future. This level of quiet and gentle insanity belongs in a sanitarium.

In an interview with conservative talk radio host Dana Loesch yesterday, Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson repeated his plan to have the federal government monitor college campuses for “extreme bias,” explaining that he would have “very strict guidelines” that would ensure that his plan wouldn’t hurt conservatives.

“What I would do is I would solicit examples of extreme bias and I would use those as the basis for helping to determine which places need to have their federal funding cut,” he said.

As an the example, Carson cited the story of a Florida college professor who supposedly told students to “stomp on” a piece of paper with the word “Jesus” written on it — a story unsurprisingly manufactured by Fox News’ Todd Starnes. In reality, the professor, a “very religious” Sunday school teacher, was using a lesson on the importance of symbols included in a textbook written by an instructor at a Christian college and reported a student who physically threatened him after the exercise.

Loesch agreed with Carson’s accusations of liberal bias on college campuses, but said, “There are some who would say that it’s kind of like monitoring political speech. Do you agree with their assessment of that?”

“No, I don’t, I think it’s a very big difference,” Carson responded. “But, of course, that would be the first thing that the left would claim because they want to be able to continue to do this. And it’s not appropriate for public funding to be used to indoctrinate students in one direction.”

- See more at: Ben Carson Assures Conservatives That His Campus Speech Monitoring Would Only Target Liberals

Hey

Didn't the IRS do something like this under Obama?

Yes, they did. The IRS did target right wing groups and tried to crb to free speech!!

come on guys. Can't you tell 'bait' when you see it?

Hey

Yes, they did. The IRS did target right wing groups and tried to crb to free speech!!

You are obviously late to the party. The FBI found no grounds to pursue criminal charges in January 2014 and today, the Department of Justice did the same after a two year investigation. It was however, a really good wet dream for some.

Hey

Well that was the crazy right wing claim, but like all the other crazy right wing claims, it was proven to be false.

Wow, does this mean that if Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders wins the presidency we can expect them to okay the monitoring and punishment of right wing free speech? I don't think this would fly in a Democratic government and I wonder why something like the thought police isn't soundly condemned on the right. Whatever it is in the Republican party that breeds and allows this kind of constitutional insanity needs to be removed. Ben Carson is polling higher than Trump in Iowa and if he becomes the nominee you can pretty much guarantee an impeachment in his future. This level of quiet and gentle insanity belongs in a sanitarium.

In an interview with conservative talk radio host Dana Loesch yesterday, Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson repeated his plan to have the federal government monitor college campuses for “extreme bias,” explaining that he would have “very strict guidelines” that would ensure that his plan wouldn’t hurt conservatives.

“What I would do is I would solicit examples of extreme bias and I would use those as the basis for helping to determine which places need to have their federal funding cut,” he said.

As an the example, Carson cited the story of a Florida college professor who supposedly told students to “stomp on” a piece of paper with the word “Jesus” written on it — a story unsurprisingly manufactured by Fox News’ Todd Starnes. In reality, the professor, a “very religious” Sunday school teacher, was using a lesson on the importance of symbols included in a textbook written by an instructor at a Christian college and reported a student who physically threatened him after the exercise.

Loesch agreed with Carson’s accusations of liberal bias on college campuses, but said, “There are some who would say that it’s kind of like monitoring political speech. Do you agree with their assessment of that?”

“No, I don’t, I think it’s a very big difference,” Carson responded. “But, of course, that would be the first thing that the left would claim because they want to be able to continue to do this. And it’s not appropriate for public funding to be used to indoctrinate students in one direction.”

- See more at: Ben Carson Assures Conservatives That His Campus Speech Monitoring Would Only Target Liberals

As much of a nut that Trump is, I could deal with him. Carson, on the other hand, is plain scary with some of the crazy shit he believes.

leftist censor the right now.

your claim that it doesn't happen is a complete and utter lie.

Example?

Example?

Modesto Junior College: Students Barred from Distributing Constitutions on Constitution Day - FIRE

Ban on Halloween celebrations in schools has parents fuming

Free speech zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now you can apologize for lying.

Example?

Modesto Junior College: Students Barred from Distributing Constitutions on Constitution Day - FIRE

Ban on Halloween celebrations in schools has parents fuming

Free speech zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now you can apologize for lying.

And how does asking for an example equate to lying?

Forum List

Back