Belgian woman in her 20s 'euthanized' after suffering mental trauma in Brussels airport bombing

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Am I the only one disturbed by this? What is going on with the world?

Belgian woman in her 20s 'euthanized' after suffering mental trauma in Brussels airport bombing

A 23-year-old Belgian woman who survived a deadly Islamic State bombing of a Brussels airport opted to die by euthanasia after years of mental health issues stemming from the attack.

"That day really cracked her, she never felt safe after that," Shanti De Corte's mother, Marielle, told Belgian news station VRT of her daughter's struggles since the 2016 ISIS attack on Brussels Airport in Zaventem, according to a recent report by the Daily Mail.

De Corte was a 17-year-old student traveling with classmates when terrorists affiliated with ISIS detonated a bomb in the airport in March 2016. She was walking through the departures lounge when the explosion rocked the airport, killing 33 people and wounding an additional 340.

Though De Corte survived the blast and did not suffer any physical injuries, the mental trauma of the day haunted her for the rest of her life.

I doubt insurance would pay off for euthanasia. I guess the left is going to have to look into that.

Well...this isn't right. You're telling me that with all the wonderful psychotherapy we have to choose from,, no one could help this young woman.

Last edited:
Her life, her choice.

Let's consider this statement in the context of this particular case. She has mental health issues but the state decides "you are of sound enough mind to decide you wish to be put to sleep forever"?

I can't square this circle. If she was of sound mind, possibly. This is now being encourages in many cases. Citizens are only being valued if they have economic value to the nation and aren't a burden?

Let's consider this statement in the context of this particular case. She has mental health issues but the state decides "you are of sound enough mind to decide you wish to be put to sleep forever"?

I can't square this circle. If she was of sound mind, possibly. This is now being encourages in many cases. Citizens are only being valued if they have economic value to the nation and aren't a burden?
She was in no physical pain. She had no disabilities or deformities. Just some government health official convinced her to commit suicide because she was a burden on the system.

A 23-year-old Belgian woman who survived a deadly Islamic State bombing of a Brussels airport opted to die by euthanasia after years of mental health issues stemming from the attack.

"That day really cracked her, she never felt safe after that," Shanti De Corte's mother, Marielle, told Belgian news station VRT of her daughter's struggles since the 2016 ISIS attack on Brussels Airport in Zaventem, according to a recent report by the Daily Mail.

De Corte was a 17-year-old student traveling with classmates when terrorists affiliated with ISIS detonated a bomb in the airport in March 2016. She was walking through the departures lounge when the explosion rocked the airport, killing 33 people and wounding an additional 340.

Though De Corte survived the blast and did not suffer any physical injuries, the mental trauma of the day haunted her for the rest of her life.

Think about this. A woman who, by her own mother's admission, was "cracked" was allowed to authorize the state to kill her.

LEFTISM IS A DEATH CULT

Very disturbing.

Think about this. A woman who, by her own mother's admission, was "cracked" was allowed to authorize the state to kill her.

LEFTISM IS A DEATH CULT
Too bad she wasn't in a program to lift the depressed person with comfort of some sort or another, or to instill in her the idea that everyone experiences ups and downs and that the secret is to expect when you eat something it doesn't smell good after strengthening the body and the spoiled stuff has to be removed regularly.

Too bad she wasn't in a program to lift the depressed person with comfort of some sort or another, or to instill in her the idea that everyone experiences ups and downs and that the secret is to expect when you eat something it doesn't smell good after strengthening the body and the spoiled stuff has to be removed regularly.

Programs cost money.

As Canada has shown us, socialized medicine is about killing people so that they don't consume resources.

{
TORONTO (AP) — Alan Nichols had a history of depression and other medical issues, but none were life-threatening. When the 61-year-old Canadian was hospitalized in June 2019 over fears he might be suicidal, he asked his brother to “bust him out” as soon as possible.

Within a month, Nichols submitted a request to be euthanized and he was killed, despite concerns raised by his family and a nurse practitioner.

His application for euthanasia listed only one health condition as the reason for his request to die: hearing loss.

Nichols’ family reported the case to police and health authorities, arguing that he lacked the capacity to understand the process and was not suffering unbearably — among the requirements for euthanasia. They say he was not taking needed medication, wasn’t using the cochlear implant that helped him hear, and that hospital staffers improperly helped him request euthanasia.

“Alan was basically put to death,” his brother Gary Nichols said.}

Coming to America - VERY soon..

I doubt insurance would pay off for euthanasia. I guess the left is going to have to look into that.

Well...this isn't right. You're telling me that with all the wonderful psychotherapy we have to choose from,, no one could help this young woman.
Not your business. Only hers.

Absurde story. What do you like to say here? A victim of terrorists was murdered from the people who had the duty to help her?

Must have been some trauma! Hey, after all, it was HER wish, so . . .

Please - that's nonsense. Do you like to murder everyone who is sick and likes to be murdered? "Not to like to live any longer" is a symptom but not the free will of a person who suffers a depression because of a trauma.

Forum List

Back