Before Leaving Shulkin Moved Desk of Trump’s Guy into ‘Glorified Utility Closet’

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Shoulda been fired months ago. A mean spirited little man who needed security at the door to his office.

Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin appeared to send a message to President Donald Trump by exiling senior White House adviser Jake Leinenkugel, who worked as Trump’s “eyes and ears” in the agency, to a glorified cubicle resembling the “entrance to a mechanical area,” according to an employee who saw it.

His desk was moved in the last week from an office next to Shulkin’s on the 10th floor, which houses executives, to a “cubicle/office” in the middle of the seventh floor.

The employee called it “an island in Siberia.”

This mighta been the final straw for the president.

More @ Before Leaving Shulkin Moved Desk of Trump’s Guy into 'Glorified Utility Closet'

As a disabled veteran, I worry about what's next with the VA. Shulkin was an asshole for taking the fam on vacation on the public dime but he should have been admonished, not fired, He was a good VA Chief who cares for veterans. He started the choice program that helps many vets with healthcare that's home grown instead of driving ungodly distances. He was making inroads on the backlog of claims that have gotten crazy and even developed a fast track for certain categories of claims. He is very good for veterans. He is a good administrator and this new guy knows absolutely nothing about how to run even a small business let alone the number 2 bureaucracy in the federal govt. Just another mindless blunder by a clueless President. No thought to how he can run the agency and no thought about the veterans he will try to serve. I have nothing against him but we need someone with experience or we will see the VA collapse under its own weight. There's already talk of the Bush brilliant idea of privatization that will signal the end to veteran's care for good. It'll mean breaking it up and selling it to profiteers and Trump's wealthy friends. This is very bad for veterans.

Last edited:
Shoulda been fired months ago. A mean spirited little man who needed security at the door to his office.

Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin appeared to send a message to President Donald Trump by exiling senior White House adviser Jake Leinenkugel, who worked as Trump’s “eyes and ears” in the agency, to a glorified cubicle resembling the “entrance to a mechanical area,” according to an employee who saw it.

His desk was moved in the last week from an office next to Shulkin’s on the 10th floor, which houses executives, to a “cubicle/office” in the middle of the seventh floor.

More @ Before Leaving Shulkin Moved Desk of Trump’s Guy into 'Glorified Utility Closet'

How many of Trump's appointees aren't suitable for their job, and as soon as they go, Trump's supporters say they're not suitable?

Why don't they say it when they get given the job?

Or, how about this, that they criticize Trump for making these appointments......?

s

How many of Trump's appointees aren't suitable for their job, and as soon as they go, Trump's supporters say they're not suitable?

Or, how about this, that they criticize Trump for making these appointments......?

David Shulkin is an Obama appointee. That's all we need to know about him.

As a disabled veteran, I worry about what's next with the VA. Shulkin was an asshole for taking the fam on vacation on the public dime but he should have been admonished, not fired, He was a good VA Chief who cares for veterans. He started the choice program that helps many vets with healthcare that's home grown instead of driving ungodly distances. He was making inroads on the backlog of claims that have gotten crazy and even developed a fast track for certain categories of claims. He is very good for veterans. He is a good administrator and this new guy knows absolutely nothing about how to run even a small business let alone the number 2 bureaucracy in the federal govt. Just another mindless blunder by a clueless President. No thought to how he can run the agency and no thought about the veterans he will try to serve. I have nothing against him but we need someone with experience or we will see the VA collapse under its own weight. There's already talk of the Bush brilliant idea of privatization that will signal the end to veteran's care for good. It'll mean breaking it up and selling it to profiteers and Trump's wealthy friends. This is very bad for veterans.
Trump wants to privatize the VA. Shulkin got in the way.

tissue?

trump's liebstandarte should be treated with more respect

So wait, a Shulkin Fan is actually saying that a Decorated Active Duty Military Surgeon, doesn't know how to run a hospital, or run The Veteran's Administration?
This is a Combat Surgeon, I might mind you that was the Personal Physician to Three Presidents as well as carried out his normal duties regularly. I think the man probably knows a lot about The Needs of Veterans, and how THE VA works, and no man is an Island unto himself. He will have a staff working with him and arguably these people were already in place and are still in place even before he takes his place in his position.

Nothing like the left being doom and gloom every time an Obama Sycophant gets shown the door. It's Modis Operandi for them every day.

So wait, a Shulkin Fan is actually saying that a Decorated Active Duty Military Surgeon, doesn't know how to run a hospital, or run The Veteran's Administration?
This is a Combat Surgeon, I might mind you that was the Personal Physician to Three Presidents as well as carried out his normal duties regularly. I think the man probably knows a lot about The Needs of Veterans, and how THE VA works, and no man is an Island unto himself. He will have a staff working with him and arguably these people were already in place and are still in place even before he takes his place in his position.

Nothing like the left being doom and gloom every time an Obama Sycophant gets shown the door. It's Modis Operandi for them every day.

If you're referring to my post, I don't care if he was appointed by the devil himself, he's done more in the job than many in my memory. The claims backlog was so deep and so mountainous that it routinely took up to 5-6 years for a decision. He's the first to make inroads into that pile of neglect and he's instituted other reforms as well such as The Veteran's choice program and Fast Tracking for many new claims. I'm sure he's a fine man and a fine surgeon but without experience in managing a huge complicated bureaucracy, things are likely to regress to where they were pre Shulkin. Whatever help he has with a waiting staff is no guarantee at all. Every VA head has had a staff and the thing that finally made the difference was Shulkin's ideas and his get it done attitude. I worked at VA for many years and it's only under his leadership that meaningful reforms were made. Veterans are finally able to get care in their areas without driving 60 plus miles. Backlogs have been reduced for the first time in memory. His resistance to privatization was a factor in his dismissal I'm sure. Another cowardly firing by twitter by the twit in the white house. He was oh so brave and forthright on The Apprentice with the in your face "You're Fired" crap. But he's proven to be the stuffed shirt that he has always been. I guarantee he didn't give a single thought to how this firing would impact veterans and their families. How on earth can you folks put this on Obama? If you knew ANYTHING about how the VA has treated vets you would be impressed with what he accomplished when compared to his predecessors.

Trump wants to privatize the VA. Shulkin got in the way.

You are right as rain. Another case of just put someone that Trump knows and has praised him in a position he has no clue about and replace a guy who was doing a fine job. It's maddening. Soon, the gambit will be complete and we will have total incompetence across the board. We're well past the halfway point already.

He may be a great Dr. He has served honourably. But the head of the VA need to be someone with experience actually running an organization of that size. It's more than just medicine.

He may be a great Dr. He has served honourably. But the head of the VA need to be someone with experience actually running an organization of that size. It's more than just medicine.
suspecting-emoticon-design-30573285.jpg

tissue?

Pardon my ignorance but what is a Liebstandarte? Sounds like a bitter tasting beer. LOL

The "new guy" is a Navy Admiral and a doctor. Did you miss that part?

The "new guy" is a Navy Admiral and a doctor. Did you miss that part?

So? That doesn't mean he knows how to run a giant bureaucracy. The last thing the VA needs is an administrator who requires OJT. Can't you folks get that through your heads? There are thousands of doctors in the VA system and I've never in 30 years met one with that kind of CEO experience. This is very much like appointing Tillerson to run the state dept. He knows management and the oil business but has zero diplomatic experience. He's a fine man but he was ill-suited for the position from the start. Same goes for Education, EPA, HUD, and of course the Presidency.

s

David Shulkin is an Obama appointee. That's all we need to know about him.
His point still valid. Trump promised to hire the best yet most of his appointees or the ones he kept were inept and got fired. So the orange can't be held responsible in your books....he is a perfect for antichrist.

tissue?

Pardon my ignorance but what is a Liebstandarte? Sounds like a bitter tasting beer. LOL
1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler - Wikipedia

Forum List

Back