BCBS Of MI is non profit, but a mighty big profit he got.

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Daniel Loepp, CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, received $7.4 million in total compensation last year — up 11.3% from 2013, and double the $3.8 million in compensation he received in 2012. Chief Financial Officer Mark Bartlett received $2.8 million in total compensation in 2014 including a $753,000 salary.

Blues CEOs Collectively Cleared $102M In 2014, but Salary Gains Remained Flat (with Table: 2014 Annual Compensation of BCBS CEOs) | AIS Health
Penelope, BCBSM is considered a godsend along the I-75 corridor (Detroit/Flint/Saginaw), but a scam everywhere else. Those of us not working in the shops could never afford it.

Daniel Loepp, CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, received $7.4 million in total compensation last year — up 11.3% from 2013, and double the $3.8 million in compensation he received in 2012. Chief Financial Officer Mark Bartlett received $2.8 million in total compensation in 2014 including a $753,000 salary.

Blues CEOs Collectively Cleared $102M In 2014, but Salary Gains Remained Flat (with Table: 2014 Annual Compensation of BCBS CEOs) | AIS Health
Penelope, BCBSM is considered a godsend along the I-75 corridor (Detroit/Flint/Saginaw), but a scam everywhere else. Those of us not working in the shops could never afford it.

My husband has individual insurance, and he has had BCBS for years, I put him on the exchange 2 years ago, when he was paying 938 and 5100 OOP max for just him. He is now on McLaren HMO and much better. Not that he needed the subsidy when I did it, but what happens if he breaks a leg or gets ill, he might need help then for awhile.

Yes BCBS is expensive if not in a group plan. Thank you and I'm glad you have insurance.

I've never felt the need to begrudge a CEO, or anyone else, a big salary.

Well when they keep telling me that BCBS is loosing money and that is why they have to raise their premiums every year as a birthday present for their enrollees, I think CEO's income at a non profit is of interest. He makes more than doctors and well insurance companies are marketers and paper pushers. They do not save life's, but can easily cause the dismise of one's life.

Are you a CEO?

Well when they keep telling me that BCBS is loosing money and that is why they have to raise their premiums every year as a birthday present for their enrollees, I think CEO's income at a non profit is of interest. He makes more than doctors and well insurance companies are marketers and paper pushers. They do not save life's, but can easily cause the dismise of one's life.

Are you a CEO?
No, I'm not a CEO and I wouldn't want the job. You?

Forum List

Back