BBC Poll: 27 Percent of British Muslims Sympathize with 'Charlie Hebdo' Shooters

BBC Poll 27 Percent of British Muslims Sympathize with Charlie Hebdo Shooters - Guy Benson

More than 1/4 of British Muslims support the Charlie Hebdo killers! Islam is a religion of peace my ass! Muslim are mostly peaceful my ass! This is a poll of Muslims in a western country, imagine the percent in backwater Islamic shitholes. I would say it's over 80% if not 90%.

Again the radical Islam is not the problem, Islam itself is the problem.

You are lying.

From your link:

One in four British Muslims sympathise with terrorists behind the Charlie Hebdo attacks, a new poll shows. A poll reveals how a significant minority of Muslims endorse terrorist atrocities against those who mock the Prophet Mohammed. Some 27 per cent of British Muslims said they have "some sympathy for the motives behind the attacks" on the Paris magazine, according to polling by ComRes for the BBC. A further 32 per cent said they were not surprised by the attacks. Some 11 per cent said that magazines which publish images of the Prophet Mohammed "deserve to be attacked." And only 68 per cent of British Muslims said that attacks on the publishers of images of the Prophet are "never" justified, while 24 disagreed.

The BBC poll also found that 95 percent of Muslims polled express loyalty to Britain, with 93 percent agreeing that British laws must be obeyed.
Having "some sympathy for the motives behind the attack" is not the same as supporting the killers.

27% have sympathy for the attack are read that as not supporting the Islamist killers! I know you are a liberal douche bag, but apologist for Islam is beyond foolish!

No.

Didn't you read your own OP?

Some 27 per cent of British Muslims said they have "some sympathy for the motives behind the attacks"

Here's a comparable example.

Take for instance, abortion clinic bombings. You can condemn the bombings and violence, but you can have some sympathy for the motives behind it - ie trying to stop abortions, which are viewed as the murder of unborn children.

Right, because saying "i understand how that could upset someone" is the same as "let's go gun some people down"

You just keep getting dumber.

Yet, it is the intelligent people who realize that mocking an ideology should not entail a death penalty.

Only totalitarians sympathize with such behavior.

There are those like you who are so bound up in personal feuds you can't address the topics. You have a predictable set of unvarying responses for anyone who disagrees with your world view whether it's Islam or Leftists. I believe they would fit on a set of index cards. Here's a thought - perhaps instead of bothering ourself to type out a response - simply write: Response #3-A, or Rebuttal#9-D, or Deflection2-C with a witty 1-A and a catastrophic Put Down #E-14 (gotta watch those #-14's though).

Perhaps you can explain how the OP's claim of a quarter of British Muslims support the Hebdo killers?.

So bound up in personal feuds that I make people's statements disappear? That's not me doing that, honey.

As to predictability, is there anything more predictable than the conditioned response inherent in automatically defending anything and everything Muslims believe every time the subject comes up? I don't think so.

Right, because saying "i understand how that could upset someone" is the same as "let's go gun some people down"

Yet, it is the intelligent people who realize that mocking an ideology should not entail a death penalty.

For a supposedly intelligent person you repeatedly manage to miss the points.

Intelligent people - all of us here - agree that mocking an ideology should not entail the death penalty. I think we can agree on that.

Who is sympathizing with the behavior?

Again, for probably the upteenth time - that 27% sympathized with the motives behind the attacks. Not the attacks. There is a smaller percentage - 11 % that felt the attacks were justified.

You really are having difficulty separating motive from action.

Get a dictionary, learn the difference, and come back and apologize for your ignorance

There are those like you who are so bound up in personal feuds you can't address the topics. You have a predictable set of unvarying responses for anyone who disagrees with your world view whether it's Islam or Leftists. I believe they would fit on a set of index cards. Here's a thought - perhaps instead of bothering ourself to type out a response - simply write: Response #3-A, or Rebuttal#9-D, or Deflection2-C with a witty 1-A and a catastrophic Put Down #E-14 (gotta watch those #-14's though).

Perhaps you can explain how the OP's claim of a quarter of British Muslims support the Hebdo killers?.

So bound up in personal feuds that I make people's statements disappear? That's not me doing that, honey.

As to predictability, is there anything more predictable than the conditioned response inherent in automatically defending anything and everything Muslims believe every time the subject comes up? I don't think so.

I'm going to say this one time, as a moderator. If you have an issue with moderation - then there is an acceptable course of action to follow. PM one of us - any of us. You don't bring it on the open boards. If posts are deleted it's because some rule has been broken.

Forum List

Back