BBC banned Johnny Rotten in 1978 for outing Jimmy Saville- a reminder of what state funded media does...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This is a few years old but I just found it now. Thought it was worth posting considering how even more egregious some have become around the world to deny the truth and debate.

Sadly, some of these same disgusting cover-ups via silence occur today in media. Certainly in Canada the protection of some has risen to a level of debauchery quite damaging to our reputation, perhaps irreparably.

Whenever you know the truth and speak it, stick to your guns. To hell with the creeps and their even creepier, low-life defenders. Thy dared to ban him for outing a sick member of his society. What does that say about those others in his society?

Former Sex Pistols frontman John Lydon has said he is still bitter about “being banned” from BBC radio after speaking out against Jimmy Savile.

Lydon, better known as Johnny Rotten, has referred to an interview he did back in 1978, in which he commented that Savile was “into all sorts of seediness.

“We all know about it but we’re not allowed to talk about it”.

He told Piers Morgan on Life Stories: “I did my bit, I said what I had to (but they didn’t air that).

“I found myself banned from BBC radio for quite a while, for my contentious behaviour. They wouldn’t state this directly, there'd be other excuses.”

This is a few years old but I just found it now. Thought it was worth posting considering how even more egregious some have become around the world to deny the truth and debate.

Sadly, some of these same disgusting cover-ups via silence occur today in media. Certainly in Canada the protection of some has risen to a level of debauchery quite damaging to our reputation, perhaps irreparably.

Whenever you know the truth and speak it, stick to your guns. To hell with the creeps and their even creepier, low-life defenders. Thy dared to ban him for outing a sick member of his society. What does that say about those others in his society?

Former Sex Pistols frontman John Lydon has said he is still bitter about “being banned” from BBC radio after speaking out against Jimmy Savile.

Lydon, better known as Johnny Rotten, has referred to an interview he did back in 1978, in which he commented that Savile was “into all sorts of seediness.

He told Piers Morgan on Life Stories: “I did my bit, I said what I had to (but they didn’t air that).

“I found myself banned from BBC radio for quite a while, for my contentious behaviour. They wouldn’t state this directly, there'd be other excuses.”
Its a great story but not true. Its one of those urban myths that lydon invented himself.

Its a great story but not true. Its one of those urban myths that lydon invented himself.

You should do better research. I've seen the video of this interview, in front of a live audience who gave him a rousing applause, especially after Pier Morgan played the audio clip from that BBC interview from 1978 for all to hear.

Johnny was quite direct and even Morgan suggested that he was banned because of the "libel threat" to BBC.

Last edited:

" The review was published 25 February 2016. Totalling more than 700 pages, it found Savile had sexually abused 72 people and had raped eight people, including an eight-year-old. The review found misconduct had been committed at "virtually every one of the BBC premises at which he worked". "

Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal.

My Mother wouldn't let me watch Benny Hill in the 70's. She thought he was a pervert.
Turns out he was one of the few who wasn't a pervert.

You should do better research. I've seen the video of this interview, in front of a live audience who gave him a rousing applause, especially after Pier Morgan played the audio clip from that BBC interview from 1978 for all to hear.

Johnny was quite direct and even Morgan suggested that he was banned because of the "libel threat" to BBC.
Everybody has seen the video, it has been played to death. But Johnny is just building his profile. His lack of BBC appearances coincided with the Pistols breaking up and him having nothing to promote. When PIL started up in the 80s he was back on TV.

Saville may have been protected by the tory party but that would not be a ahock to anyone.

1615990577598.png

Forum List

Back