Baseball on Amazon Prime

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
I noticed that baseball is on Prime now. The coverage is pretty good insofar as you can pick up either the home or the away telecast. Right now I'm watching the Cubs v. Rockies and it's incredibly enjoyable. Colorado 9-5 in the top of the 8th. I'm not sure how much I'll be watching in July and August once the newness wears off. The commercials you see are not the feeds from Chicago or Colorado...so there are a lot of commercials for MLB...it gets a bit redundant.

A few quick things about this game real quick.

Apparently if there is a pad that is made for baseball players, the Cubs players are wearing it. One batter had a thing on his thumb to prevent against getting hit on the hands They have the extension from the the helmet to cover the jawbone, pads for the elbows, the shoulders, a pd for the hand if you try to steal a base

The Cubs have a right fielder named Suzuki who apparently doesn't speak English. He scored from 1st on a triple just now and one of the coaches was asking him some questions on the bench. A translator wearing a Cubs uniform was speaking to him as he was still trying to catch his breath.

A touching thing was when the broadcast touched on the late Rockies Executive Keli Mcgregor. Outside of Coors Field is McGregor Square which is one of these multi-use areas with offices, retail, entertainment, etc... Anyway, the "sideline" reporter for the Cubs broadcast is Taylor McGregor...the executive's daughter. Her voice cracked repeatedly as she was talking about her dad passing. It was a bittersweet moment as they showed some pictures of her with her father.

Ex Astro Jim Deshaies is on the broadcast team...havent' thought about him in years.

Forum List

Back