Barry is raking it in..

How dare Obama use capitalism like any other American and sell books!

:lol: The fact that Xeno is pissed at Obama doing exactly what he supposedly believes in is quite hilarious.

And look what he did with his money:

The White House says President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle made $5.5 million last year and paid nearly $1.8 million in federal income tax.

The Obamas gave $329,000 to charities. That included $50,000 each to CARE and the United Negro College Fund.

The president also donated his $1.4 million Nobel Peace Prize award to 10 charities.

------------------------------

No wonder the white wing is so mad. Obama actually PAID his taxes.

The thing that makes the white wing so incredibly angry. The title of Sarah Palin's book, "Going Rogue by Lynn Vincent", ends with "by Lynn Vincent". Both of Obama's books end with, "by Barrack Obama".

And they things they say are so contradictory.

He's not smart enough to write a book.

He's arrogant because he uses big words I don't understand.

Remember, Bill Clinton made 107 MILLION dollars since leaving office with books and speaking engagements. As the first black president, Obama will make three times that amount. It's why the white wing hasn't accused him of a new "White water". Because it didn't work with the Clintons and it won't work with Obama.

Now what's especially funny, white wingers on this board have insisted Clinton was charged and convicted with some crime over white water. They don't understand that white water was just another Republican failure at "smear". They are good at that. Smear I mean, not success.

He payed a higher percentage than I did, how about you? Just like every one else that makes gobs of money.

Except these people.

Home | United for a Fair Economy
Oh really?

In 2001 President George W. Bush proposed and the Congress accepted lowering the top marginal rate to 35%.
Yet Barry paid almost 5% less.

Taxation in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It seems he wants YOU to pay your 'fair share' while he of course won't. :lol:

Doesn't his nearly $2 million in charitable donations have something to do with that number?
I think you have to deduct the nobel prize money from his income since he wasn't allowed to keep it. Which means his earned income was actually $4,100,000 of which he paid 1,800,000...35% would only be $1,435,000.

Sounds like he needs a new accountant.

:lol:

Oh really?

Doesn't his nearly $2 million in charitable donations have something to do with that number?
The 1.4 was prize money, not earned income.

If he accepts it and is taxed fairly, he has less money then if he just donates it.

Its called gaming the system, fatcats do it all the time.

That doesn't make any sense. If he accepts it and gets taxed fairly he would still have a buttload of prize money ... much more than he would by donating it all and getting the tax break. By donating he only saves the 35% percent or so he would have paid on that income.

So unless you can prove that the 1.4 million would have been taxed at 65% .....

Do you approve of the fact he used a donation as a tax dodge?

lol ...

Frankly, I don't care but it's fun watching you try to make a big deal about it.

Oh really?

I think you have to deduct the nobel prize money from his income since he wasn't allowed to keep it. Which means his earned income was actually $4,100,000 of which he paid 1,800,000...35% would only be $1,435,000.

Sounds like he needs a new accountant.

:lol:
It seems you are mathimatically challenged.

He earned 5.5 million, and if you ADD the 1.4 million he didn't accept you get 6.9 million without the deductions for charity (which are nearly 100% over a million).

Its amazing how easily you all are hoodwinked by the rich, and you sit there and defend them, yet constantly claim they don't pay their fair share.' :lol:

You do realize of course he paid only 30% tax, far from his so-called 'fair share' right? :lol:
He payed a higher percentage than I did, how about you? Just like every one else that makes gobs of money.

Except these people.

Oh really?

In 2001 President George W. Bush proposed and the Congress accepted lowering the top marginal rate to 35%.

He paid a higher rate than Warren Buffett did in 2008. And in 2008, Buffett was the richest man in the world.

The 1.4 was prize money, not earned income.

If he accepts it and is taxed fairly, he has less money then if he just donates it.

Its called gaming the system, fatcats do it all the time.

That doesn't make any sense. If he accepts it and gets taxed fairly he would still have a buttload of prize money ... much more than he would by donating it all and getting the tax break. By donating he only saves the 35% percent or so he would have paid on that income.

So unless you can prove that the 1.4 million would have been taxed at 65% .....

Do you approve of the fact he used a donation as a tax dodge?

lol ...

Frankly, I don't care but it's fun watching you try to make a big deal about it.
Not as much fun as I get out of watching 'progressives' defend tax cheats. :lol:

See my above post to Rav and gain enlightenment. :lol:

For those of you not getting it, Barry only paid a tax on 3.7 of the 5,5 he earned, thanks to his 'donations' :lol:

Gotta love how you guys defend the rich!

He paid a higher rate than Warren Buffett did in 2008. And in 2008, Buffett was the richest man in the world.
Of course, because the tax code is made by the same kinds of crooks that are in government now.

You should see the things the rich get away with when it comes to taxes.

Of course, because the tax code is made by the same kinds of crooks that are in government now.

Exactly. No one pays the marginal rate - everyone has deductions. I think it's a bit ridiculous to attempt to blame Obama for taking 5% in deductions when people making 100 times what he made pay less than 20%.

Except these people.

Oh really?

Warren Buffet's secretary paid a higher rate than Warren Buffet. According to Republicans, only rich people know the proper procedure to "spend money".

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary - Times Online

“The 400 of us [here] pay a lower part of our income in taxes than our receptionists do, or our cleaning ladies, for that matter. If you’re in the luckiest 1 per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”

Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent.

For those of you not getting it, Barry only paid a tax on 3.7 of the 5,5 he earned, thanks to his 'donations' :lol:

Gotta love how you guys defend the rich!

but are you saying donating to Charity is bad? And that what Matt and I donate should not be given a tax exemption at all either?

I don't see the argument or negative with donating to charity to avoid taxes....

AND how much in taxes could he avoid, he paid fricking $1.8 MILLION out of the 5.6 gross income.....that's about 33% in taxes on his gross, without the deductions he got to take to get him to his net taxable income....and $1.8 million paid in taxes on $3.7 million net is him paying 50% of his net income in taxes?

So what in heaven's name is the complaint on this xeno? I truly don't get it???

Exactly. No one pays the marginal rate - everyone has deductions. I think it's a bit ridiculous to attempt to blame Obama for taking 5% in deductions when people making 100 times what he made pay less than 20%.
I had no comment at all outside of Barry made some nice money last year, all the tax stuff is on the fly since the 'I lick Barry's ass' squad showed up to defend him form essentially nothing. :lol:

It seems if you say Barry bamboozed the public his anus squad goes apeshit. ;)

So for laughs I simply exposed the hypocrisy of them defending a millionaire who games the system to his own advantage, while they were telling me how 'generous' he truely is, which of course is a fraud.

The real laugh is, Barry proposed TAXING charity donations instead of making them deductions, something sure to end them.

but are you saying donating to Charity is bad?
Kiddo, you are not seeing the forrest for the trees.

Barry donated to charity to get the writeoff to pay less taxes, not because he's all sweet to donate.

As for the rest, see the above post.

The rich don't pay their fair share, overall. Most people that make over 5 million a year pay a lot less than 30% to the Treasury. And no one pays 35%...that is the marginal rate.

Forum List

Back