Baghdad wants U.S. to pay $1 billion for damage to city

Apologize for what?

They can take their request and stick in a camel butt.... they owe us for getting them on the path to prosperity.

So fuck off with your stupid idiot idea that we owe them jackshit!

Oh.... and I thought it was all for oil (i.e. NO BLOOD FOR OIL)
Well, where is all that oil money that was supposed to be going straight to evil America?

Huh??? Where is it jackass????

In actuality, the USA is still owed money from the FIRST Gulf War:

"The cost of the [First Gulf War (1990-1991)] to the United States was calculated by the United States Congress to be $61.1 billion. About $52 billion of that amount was paid by different countries around the world: $36 billion by Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and other Persian Gulf States; $16 billion by Germany and Japan."

So the USA is STLL owed 9 BILLION Dollars of the cost that was incurred in liberating Kuwait from Iraqi Occupation. Don't you think that Iraq should apologise for starting the FIRST Gulf War and also compensate the US Treasury with 9 Billion dollars that would be derived from its oil revenue? The US national debt is becoming so large that the US taxpayer deserves all the help he can get in paying it off. I think that this would be a good issue for the "Tea-Party" Republicans to push.:wink_2:

Good point, Bill, but it should be Kuwait paying us back. It's their ass who was saved.

I do indeed believe that we SHOULD be payed back for what we did... the sacrifices our dear soldiers payed with in blood and God knows what else. I have always heard from the left NO BLOOD FOR OIL, and if we were to tell I raq you owe us this.... we'd look bad for doing it, and YES kuwait owes us big time.
I was one of these folks who were not happy at all with the way Bush conducted the entire campaign... both Bush Sr & Bush Jr.
Neither one of them do I hold in great regard when it come to the ways in which they conducted warfare.

Why should we the American taxpayer and those great men and women who are in our militaries have to be saddled with the debt it takes to "spread democracy" around the world?

I think we may be more on the same page than not...
I think the
nowarforoil.gif
has more to do with getting involved in the first place. But once we have gone in and saved their bacon, these multi-billionaire sheiks should not only pay the expenses, they should reward the families of U.S. servicemen, in some way.

mmmmm.....bacon.

New Topics

Forum List

Back