Iraq for Sale

newpolitics

vegan atheist indy
Sep 27, 2008
Below are a few clips from "Iraq for Sale," a documentary about the corporate abuses by Halliburton/KBR in Iraq. I am curious to read everyone's responses.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeIxHQ-lkuM&feature=channel[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z640nK_Wvw&feature=channel[/ame]

Here is the full movie, if you are curious to watch it. It is 1:15 long.

Last edited by a moderator:
There should be no private contractors working for the military. Nada............

Below are a few clips from "Iraq for Sale," a documentary about the corporate abuses by Halliburton/KBR in Iraq. I am curious to read everyone's responses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeIxHQ-lkuM&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJlJudDtVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z640nK_Wvw&feature=channel

Here is the full movie, if you are curious to watch it. It is 1:15 long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zt9BZD7mlc
It's a fucking disgrace, especially when people still back the damned traitors who LIED about the reasons for these wars. I've said it time and again, these criminals who lied about 9-11 so this shit can happen, don't give a fuck about you or the nation. Connect the damned dots already it's as fucking obvious as the nose on your faces. Quit voting for anyone who let this happen on their watch, quit voting for anyone in the corrupt 2 party system, quit trying to deny all of this has happened to your nation and your government has been taken over by criminals and looted the shit out of it!

I just don't understand those who stick up for the corporations and the people in our government. Watch films this like, and you realize the truth. The corporations sell themselves as being virtuous, and since we are little we are indoctrinated not to 'upset the herd,' not to be a dissentist, to go along, blindly... to be a consumer. Well, only when people realize what is going on, do they get out of that mindset. This was one of the more shocking films I have ever seen. Worse than this, is "Earthlings," a truly lifechanging film that takes you into corporate slaghterhouses and factory farms with undercover camers. The footage is so upsetting that it causes many to go vegan, because the torture that these innocent animals go through before their death, is unbearable. It caused me to cry, and has changed my life forever. I can no longer buy meats from these places. I can only go organic, dairy and meats, and so many everybody to stifle the demand to change the market to allow only for humane treatment of animals. There is also Spywar: battefied of the man, about the corporate advertising scheme to keep us occupied, entertained, and distracted while they are doing terrible things to all of us, performing back room deals with government, passing legislation simply to increase their power, and people in government are making profits. Also, there is Food, Inc, and Zeitgeist.

Everyone needs to wake up, to stop themselves from being implicit in this system because of their ignorance. Stop buying from bad companies. Purchase wisely... these kinds of things. Then there are the commodities corporations who control things that are never out of demand: grains, oil, and the like... and there lie the worst atrocities. It is all a massive scheme to keep us, the masses ignorant. I just wish everyone would stop being self-righteous about preserving the status quo, and be willing to see the truth that is going on behind the scenes of this production our government and the corporations have put on for us to keep us distracted and happy.

Thanks for you posts, you two. I agree with you both %100. Spread the word.

Last edited:
Every nation is for sale. Why would Iraq be different? Time to grow up and stop being so naive. The nation you currently reside in is up for sale everyday. Take your naive blinders off and really see the World. Iraq is just a small spoke in the all-encompassing Global Economy wheel. They're not unique or different in any way. Seriously,it's true.

Last edited:
Every nation is for sale. Why would Iraq be different? Time to grow up and stop being so naive. The nation you currently reside in is up for sale everyday. Take your naive blinders off and really see the World. Iraq is just a small spoke in the all-encompassing Global Economy wheel. They're not unique or different in any way. Seriously,it's true.

Have you watched the film? Or are you responding on something when you have absolutely no idea what you are responding to? That is what is sounds like. You're response makes no sense. Watch the film, please, and then you will be better able to make a more relevant comment. As it is, I am not going to respond to your post directly, but it is nonsensical.

And the right wing continues to insist that the private sector can always do a better job than government.

And the right wing continues to insist that the private sector can always do a better job than government.

It was the government, the right wing government, Cheney namely, that gave Halliburton and others these no-bid contracts at cost-plus, lending itself to corruption, and I am sure cheney made a fortune, since he was the old CEO of Halliburton. This was no accident. They all just wanted to make a buck in Iraq, just like every other war. that's the only reason we go to war. They sell us a lie about terrorism and Al-queda. We buy it, they make a billion dollars off of our tax money, and we call them patriots. It's insane. This world, this country is so fucked up.

It was BUSH!! It was Cheney!!! It was Haliburton!!! It's a Con...CONSP, CONSPI. CONSPIR.,,

Its-A-Conspiracy.jpg

You people need to get a life. Seriously.

It's called capitalism. It's our soldiers are fighting for. That and liberty. If you don't like it, take your pink commie liberal progressive America-hating ass to cuba.

If the solders don't like it, they can buy their water from someone else. It's called the free market.

Last edited:
It is fact that our government gave Halliburton and KBR these no-bid contracts. It wasn't somebody else. That is not theory.

It is a fact that, at the time, Dick Cheney was the vice president in office, and George Bush was the president.

It is a fact, that they were at the top of the process of choosing who got these no-bid contracts.

It is a fact that these companies supplied faulty equipment to our soldiers.

It is a fact that soldiers died resulting resulting from faulty set-ups and equipment, such as getting electrocuted while taking a shower.

It is fact that Cheney used to be the CEO of Halliburton.

It is a fact that these private corporations that went to Iraq made a large sum of money from all of these.

After you get enough facts, you can connect the dots. They are not going to give it all to you on a silver platter. They are hiding it out of self-interest. What makes you think that our government as actually 'for the people?' These people at the top of our government are only looking out for themselves, as in any corporation. It's a fucking business. Yet, you're whole life revolves around America. It's like a style of worship, a religious idol. You bow down and pray to America. It's fucking absurd. You have no ability to be objective about your own country, much like a child at a young enough age who is unable to accept that their parents are anything but perfect and pure.

You are obviously too self-rigtheous and convinced of your own truth to watch any film that might offer information that will contradict your understanding of reality. That is sad. You have committed to a belief system because it was sold to you since you were little, and you never thought to question it. That is the real travesty. Therefore, you are the easiest people to lie to. Even in putting it in front of your face, you can't look at it. You haven't even watched the film, yet you come at me with insults. That's maturity at its finest.

Last edited:

Have you watched the film? Or are you responding on something when you have absolutely no idea what you are responding to? That is what is sounds like. You're response makes no sense. Watch the film, please, and then you will be better able to make a more relevant comment. As it is, I am not going to respond to your post directly, but it is nonsensical.

Well i'll just say again...Time to grow up and stop being so naive. Every Nation on this Planet is for sale. Why would Iraq be any different? It's the wonderful Global Economy baby. Obviously you have a "HATE BOOOOSH" fetish and are desperately trying to invent conspiracies. You should learn to let things go. Try taking a look at the World in a more grownup and realistic way. Still obsessing over DA BOOOOOOSH and Cheney probably isn't very healthy for you either. So just take your naivety blinders off and get real.

Last edited:

Well i'll just say again...Time to grow up and stop being so naive. Every Nation on this Planet is for sale. Why would Iraq be any different? It's the wonderful Global Economy baby. Obviously you have a "HATE BOOOOSH" fetish and are desperately trying to invent conspiracies. You should learn to let things go. Try taking a look at the World in a more grownup and realistic way. Still obsessing over DA BOOOOOOSH and Cheney probably isn't very healthy for you either. So just take your naivety blinders off and get real.

You are literally being too stupid to even respond to, because I can see that you are completely unwilling to take in any new information. You have it all figured out. I am not equipped to handle this level of idiocy. Please, spare me your opinions on things. Just try prevent your fingers from making yourself look even more like an asshole.

It was the government, the right wing government, Cheney namely, that gave Halliburton and others these no-bid contracts at cost-plus, lending itself to corruption, and I am sure cheney made a fortune, since he was the old CEO of Halliburton. This was no accident. They all just wanted to make a buck in Iraq, just like every other war. that's the only reason we go to war. They sell us a lie about terrorism and Al-queda. We buy it, they make a billion dollars off of our tax money, and we call them patriots. It's insane. This world, this country is so fucked up.
Yep.

Cost plus contracts were very common in the 60's and 70's. In fact most of the contracts in the space race with the Russians were cost plus. The contracts led to huge overruns. Out of that debacle, we learned that you never award a cost plus contract unless it's the only alternative, which it certainly was not in this case.

Invariably politicians lean on their cronies once they are in office. I have never believed that either Bush or Chaney were stupid, but this was an incredibly dumb idea.

You are literally being too stupid to even respond to, because I can see that you are completely unwilling to take in any new information. You have it all figured out. I am not equipped to handle this level of idiocy. Please, spare me your opinions on things. Just try prevent your fingers from making yourself look even more like an asshole.

Your weird 'HATE BOOOOOSH' fetish is just getting the best of you. At some point you'll have to give that obsession up. Obviously you're not ready to give it up yet. You're also very naive. Look around your World. What Nation isn't for sale? You're just still hung up on that old 'HATE BOOOOSH' routine. You'll let it go at some point though. I wish you the best of luck. See Ya. :)

Your weird 'HATE BOOOOOSH' fetish is just getting the best of you. At some point you'll have to give that obsession up. Obviously you're not ready to give it up yet. You're also very naive. Look around your World. What Nation isn't for sale? You're just still hung up on that old 'HATE BOOOOSH' routine. You'll let it go at some point though. I wish you the best of luck. See Ya. :)

Thank you. Good luck to you too.

Last edited:

Yep.

Cost plus contracts were very common in the 60's and 70's. In fact most of the contracts in the space race with the Russians were cost plus. The contracts led to huge overruns. Out of that debacle, we learned that you never award a cost plus contract unless it's the only alternative, which it certainly was not in this case.

Invariably politicians lean on their cronies once they are in office. I have never believed that either Bush or Chaney were stupid, but this was an incredibly dumb idea.

Don't you see, that Cheney and Bush profited from these arrangements. This wasn't dumb or smart.... it was on purpose. Cheney handed these contracts to his old company, because he was getting paid. Cheney was complicit in what happened.

Yep.

Don't you see, that Cheney and Bush profited from these arrangements. This wasn't dumb or smart.... it was on purpose. Cheney handed these contracts to his old company, because he was getting paid. Cheney was complicit in what happened.

lol! Seriously,you have to get over your 'HATE BOOOOOSH' fetish. It really isn't good for your health. Time to move on man. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Yep.

lol! Seriously,you have to get over your 'HATE BOOOOOSH' fetish. It really isn't good for your health. Time to move on man. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

You've literally posted the exact same response for your last four posts. Try something different. Maybe it will stick?

DA BOOOOOOOOOSH!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOSH!!!! Oh and DA CHAYNEEEEEEEEE!!!! CHAYNEEEEEEEEE!!!! CHAYNEEEEEEEEE!!! Try chanting this a few times and maybe it will help with your obsession disorder. Still whining about DA BOOOOOOOOSH and CHAYNEEEEEEEE really is pretty bizarre. Get some help and then get a grip dude. SHEESH!

Forum List

Back