Bagged: Rightwing Reactionary Rand Paul Caught on Audio

If it wasn't for the tax exempt Media Matters propaganda network lefties would have to ...gasp...face issues in the Hussein administration.

Breaking: Politician caught making political calculations.

The naked truth is often uglier than one would imagine. The Tea Party leader who accuses others of things gets caught talking about poll testing and repeating a bs message over and over again? Sort of cuts the credibility of any argument he's making and worse, of any argument his poll tested followers are echoing. :eusa_shhh:

Then we get: “We’re very excited,” said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.). “It’s exactly what we wanted, and we got it.” - on the government shutdown

Sort of undercuts any and all of the GOP arguments about who exactly is causing America pain

Revisit Obamacare or Social Security checks do not go out?

The "Tea Party leader" who accuses who of what, exactly? And Michele Bachmann and Rand Paul are two different people. It's not hypocritical for them to say different things.

Regardless, a politician taking politics into account is hardly newsworthy. File this one under "Duh."

Kevin..Hmmmmmmmm.............

Federal Budget Crisis Months in the Planning

WASHINGTON — Shortly after President Obama started his second term, a loose-knit coalition of conservative activists led by former Attorney General Edwin Meese III gathered in the capital to plot strategy. Their push to repeal Mr. Obama’s health care law was going nowhere, and they desperately needed a new plan.
Out of that session, held one morning in a location the members insist on keeping secret, came a little-noticed “blueprint to defunding Obamacare,” signed by Mr. Meese and leaders of more than three dozen conservative groups.
It articulated a take-no-prisoners legislative strategy that had long percolated in conservative circles: that Republicans could derail the health care overhaul if conservative lawmakers were willing to push fellow Republicans — including their cautious leaders — into cutting off financing for the entire federal government.
“We felt very strongly at the start of this year that the House needed to use the power of the purse,” said one coalition member, Michael A. Needham, who runs Heritage Action for America, the political arm of the Heritage Foundation. “At least at Heritage Action, we felt very strongly from the start that this was a fight that we were going to pick.”
Last week the country witnessed the fallout from that strategy: a standoff that has shuttered much of the federal bureaucracy and unsettled the nation.
To many Americans, the shutdown came out of nowhere. But interviews with a wide array of conservatives show that the confrontation that precipitated the crisis was the outgrowth of a long-running effort to undo the law, the Affordable Care Act, since its passage in 2010 — waged by a galaxy of conservative groups with more money, organized tactics and interconnections than is commonly known.

========================================
It's a four page article and here's the link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/u...ths-in-the-planning.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=0

One of the results is how the shutdown effects the US economy:
A partial shutdown of the federal government will cost the U.S. at least $300 million a day in lost economic output at the start, according to IHS Inc.
While that is a small fraction of the country’s $15.7 trillion economy, the daily impact of a shutdown is likely to accelerate if it continues as it depresses confidence and spending by businesses and consumers.
Lexington, Massachusetts-based IHS, a global market research firm, estimates that its forecast for 2.2 percent annualized growth in the fourth quarter will be reduced 0.2 percentage point in a weeklong shutdown. A 21-day closing like the one in 1995-96 could cut growth by 0.9 to 1.4 percentage point, according to Guy LeBas, chief fixed income strategist at Janney Montgomery Scott LLC in Philadelphia.
“Government spending touches every aspect of the economy, and disruption of spending, more than the direct loss of income, threatens to damage investor and business confidence in ways that can seriously harm economic growth,” LeBas said yesterday in an interview.
Shutdown Will Cost U.S. Economy $300 Million a Day, IHS Says - Bloomberg

Stop whining. You'll get your welfare cheese eventually Dante. Embrace the horror. 800K government assholes laid off. It's a wonderful day.

Paul: I just did CNN, and I just go over and over again, ‘We’re willing to compromise. We’re willing to negotiate.’ I don’t think [the Democrats have] poll tested, ‘we won’t negotiate.’ I think it’s awful for them to say that over and over again.

Seriously...this is the best dirt you can dig up on Paul? NEWS ALERT! Paul was just heard admitting he went on CNN, and he admitted what he said is what he actualy said on CNN!

Oh the outrage!

:lol:

Breaking: Politician caught making political calculations.

The naked truth is often uglier than one would imagine. The Tea Party leader who accuses others of things gets caught talking about poll testing and repeating a bs message over and over again? Sort of cuts the credibility of any argument he's making and worse, of any argument his poll tested followers are echoing. :eusa_shhh:

Then we get: “We’re very excited,” said Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.). “It’s exactly what we wanted, and we got it.” - on the government shutdown

Sort of undercuts any and all of the GOP arguments about who exactly is causing America pain

The "Tea Party leader" who accuses who of what, exactly? And Michele Bachmann and Rand Paul are two different people. It's not hypocritical for them to say different things.

Regardless, a politician taking politics into account is hardly newsworthy. File this one under "Duh."

Just another in a long line of ultra hypocritical actions..

And by the very folks you guys hold up as some vanguards.

Gotta love the Kentucky duo; apparently "small government" Republicans they claim to be even though Kentucky gets $1.65 in federal funding for every $1 they pay in taxes.

Another old, white, effing welfare red state that us blue states have to support.

Paul: I just did CNN, and I just go over and over again, ‘We’re willing to compromise. We’re willing to negotiate.’ I don’t think [the Democrats have] poll tested, ‘we won’t negotiate.’ I think it’s awful for them to say that over and over again.

Seriously...this is the best dirt you can dig up on Paul? NEWS ALERT! Paul was just heard admitting he went on CNN, and he admitted what he said is what he actualy said on CNN!

Oh the outrage!

:lol:

This shit keeps up and you people will end up costing tbe GOP more House seats and I suspect we'll end up with an even more partisanly rigid Congress.

Kevin..Hmmmmmmmm.............

Federal Budget Crisis Months in the Planning

WASHINGTON — Shortly after President Obama started his second term, a loose-knit coalition of conservative activists led by former Attorney General Edwin Meese III gathered in the capital to plot strategy. Their push to repeal Mr. Obama’s health care law was going nowhere, and they desperately needed a new plan.
Out of that session, held one morning in a location the members insist on keeping secret, came a little-noticed “blueprint to defunding Obamacare,” signed by Mr. Meese and leaders of more than three dozen conservative groups.
It articulated a take-no-prisoners legislative strategy that had long percolated in conservative circles: that Republicans could derail the health care overhaul if conservative lawmakers were willing to push fellow Republicans — including their cautious leaders — into cutting off financing for the entire federal government.
“We felt very strongly at the start of this year that the House needed to use the power of the purse,” said one coalition member, Michael A. Needham, who runs Heritage Action for America, the political arm of the Heritage Foundation. “At least at Heritage Action, we felt very strongly from the start that this was a fight that we were going to pick.”
Last week the country witnessed the fallout from that strategy: a standoff that has shuttered much of the federal bureaucracy and unsettled the nation.
To many Americans, the shutdown came out of nowhere. But interviews with a wide array of conservatives show that the confrontation that precipitated the crisis was the outgrowth of a long-running effort to undo the law, the Affordable Care Act, since its passage in 2010 — waged by a galaxy of conservative groups with more money, organized tactics and interconnections than is commonly known.

========================================
It's a four page article and here's the link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/06/u...ths-in-the-planning.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=0

One of the results is how the shutdown effects the US economy:
A partial shutdown of the federal government will cost the U.S. at least $300 million a day in lost economic output at the start, according to IHS Inc.
While that is a small fraction of the country’s $15.7 trillion economy, the daily impact of a shutdown is likely to accelerate if it continues as it depresses confidence and spending by businesses and consumers.
Lexington, Massachusetts-based IHS, a global market research firm, estimates that its forecast for 2.2 percent annualized growth in the fourth quarter will be reduced 0.2 percentage point in a weeklong shutdown. A 21-day closing like the one in 1995-96 could cut growth by 0.9 to 1.4 percentage point, according to Guy LeBas, chief fixed income strategist at Janney Montgomery Scott LLC in Philadelphia.
“Government spending touches every aspect of the economy, and disruption of spending, more than the direct loss of income, threatens to damage investor and business confidence in ways that can seriously harm economic growth,” LeBas said yesterday in an interview.
Shutdown Will Cost U.S. Economy $300 Million a Day, IHS Says - Bloomberg

And how is this a response to anything I've said?

Just another in a long line of ultra hypocritical actions..

And by the very folks you guys hold up as some vanguards.

What exactly is hypocritical about a politician being political?

And you must have me confused for somebody else.

Rand Paul: I think if we keep saying, ‘We wanted to defund it. We fought for that, but now we’re willing to compromise on this.’ I think … I know we don’t want to be here, but we’re going to win this, I think.

Explaination for the simple-minded, Kennedy types:

Tea Party Whack-a-doodle Rand Paul admits "we" held a CR hostage to a purely partisan attempt to defund Obamacare. He goes on to say even though "we" held a CR hostage, we are now open to negotiating while continuing to hold a CR hostage. He then get's to the point... "we're going to win this" -- win what? What they started?

Rand Paul: I think if we keep saying, ‘We wanted to defund it. We fought for that, but now we’re willing to compromise on this.’ I think … I know we don’t want to be here, but we’re going to win this, I think.

Tea Party Whack-a-doodle Rand Paul admits "we" held a CR hostage to a purely partisan attempt to defund Obamacare. He goes on to say even though "we" held a CR hostage, we are now open to negotiating while continuing to hold a CR hostage. He then get's to the point... "we're going to win this" -- win what? What they started?

Except that's not what he said at all.

Put into context -- of course it is. :lol:

Put into context -- of course it is. :lol:

Put into your partisan context, of course it is. In reality, admitting that your ultimate goal is to defund Obamacare, which everybody knows, is not the same as taking responsibility for the government "shutdown." The fact that he was discussing how the Republican message should be that they're willing to negotiate, whereas the Democrats are not, suggests the exact opposite. Rand was clearly blaming Democrats for the "shutdown." You can obviously disagree with him, but putting words in his mouth is stupid.

Tying the funding of Obamacare to the cr/continuing resolution is a text book example of holding a cr hostage for purely partisan political purposes.

Now the GOP's latest talking point is appealing to Obama to make a deal, any deal to save his legacy :laugh2: all of a sudden rightwingers and the GOP leadership are concerned for Obama's legacy? :rofl:

Last edited:
Tying the funding of Obamacare to the cr/continuing resolution is a text book example of holding a cr hostage for purely partisan political purposes.

Now the GOP's latest talking point is appealing to Obama to make a deal, any deal to save his legacy :laugh2: all of a sudden rightwingers and the GOP leadership are concerned for Obama's legacy? :rofl:

I have no doubt that's your analysis of the situation. But trying to say that that's what Rand Paul was saying is dishonest nonsense.

Forum List

Back