Bacon!!!

Um, I don't really baste something I am broiling indoors. I do ( did ) baste roasts with bacon drippings always, though, then made delicious gravy in the cast iron skillet.

Meanwhile, for lunch or dinner, or breakfast or anytime: :lol:

Never...and I mean Never!! Will I cook a quality steak in the oven or on a range top.
From what I understand from the few people I know from up north that is a common way to cook a steak. Down south....? No way!
Quality beef needs to be done on an open flame or natural charcoal,preferably on oak charcoal.
Thats the competition BBQer in me though.

I will cook a USMB quality cut steak under the broiler in the winter time, always. Never in an oven or on the stove top, though. T-bones are my favorite for under the broiler. I like rib-eye but they are too fattening. Too marbled, even when perfect. I love filets, bacon-wrapped or not. I like them about one inch thick or a tad more. Lots of garlic-salt and some pepper. Medium-rare.

I am well known for my culinary expertise. :thup:

USMB Quality steak? You mean there is a steak out there of lesser quality then a skirt steak?
I love a well marbled steak. My favorite is the Wagyu/Kobe. They have a nice buttery taste.
But at seventy bucks a steak on average I only get to indulge in em occasionally.
For a somewhat lean steak I like the filet. For a robust flavor you cant beat a T-Bone.
And of course it's gotta be rare....I mean mooing rare.:cow:

Trying to convince the redhead to make these later today.....of course she'll have to add extra bacon!

potatoes-6wp.jpg

Loaded Baked Potato Rounds | diethood.com

This one below....yep, that's the one....literally made me a bacon addict.....it's the gateway drug to a life of bacon addiction......it's the classic.........BLT

BLT_sandwich_1.jpg

I just ate dinner not too long ago, and even though the toast is just slightly darker than i prefer, that picture still makes my mouth water. Seriously..........:eek:

Bacon is a test from god. It's one of the best tasting food while being one of the worst foods for you.

This one below....yep, that's the one....literally made me a bacon addict.....it's the gateway drug to a life of bacon addiction......it's the classic.........BLT

BLT_sandwich_1.jpg

I just ate dinner not too long ago, and even though the toast is just slightly darker than i prefer, that picture still makes my mouth water. Seriously..........:eek:

I won't pass up a BLT on toast, but when I make them at home it's on my preferred soft white bread...oh, and it must have Miracle Whip.:thup:

Forum List

Back