Back when people actually realized conspiracy theorists were nuts

braalian

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2021
MI
Found this old clip from Newhart (the one we’re his character ran his own local-access tv show). Hilarious when the interview suddenly goes south around 2:00 mark. Nowadays this guy’s have his own twitter feed with followers who believe him.

382288432-1997_conspiracy_theory_1.jpg

4:40

“at the risk of sounding realistic…. it seems to me that if there were dinosaurs and alien beings on the banks of the Amazon we’d have heard about it before this

replace the dinosaurs and aliens bit with any outlandish conspiracy theory (moon landing staged, pizza gate, government plans to “chip” us, etc), and it’s pretty much the perfect response. If an outrageous theory *were* true, we’d have heard about it by now.

Remember when the idea that covid was a lab but that escaped from a chinese weapons lab, was a conspiracy theory that reasonable people laughed at?

That was funny.

Remember when the idea that covid was a lab but that escaped from a chinese weapons lab, was a conspiracy theory that reasonable people laughed at?

That was funny.
No, I for one don't remember that.

No, I for one don't remember that.
Conspiracy theories went mainstream when Trump was elected. After he got his ass kicked, they haven't gone anywhere, and have actually gotten worse.
"Conspiracy Theory" is one of the tools that the Democrats use to dismiss any opposition to their anti-American Leftist Woke agenda. That allows them to avoid the impossible task of defending their indefensible positions.

Mainstream media, and the propaganda, is often used to discredit ideas and make into hyperbole, thoughts and ideas which are linked to truths, which the controllers of society don't want the masses to believe could possibly be true.

I remember reading an underground book by a rebellious oligarch, about the tech that the Deep State possessed, years before Edward Snowden became a whistle blower, which was related to the writings of Zbiegnew Bziensky's, "America in the Technocratic Age."

"ENEMY OF THE STATE" - (A Gene Hackman/Will Smith/Jon Voight Classic - Action/Thriller - 1998)​

The movie is from 1998. If anyone told you. . . this tech exists, and this is how things really are? Most folks would have told the person exposing the truth, you are a tin foil hatter. That is, if they made claims back then, that such tech exists. Now? It is a given. We all know that this shit is how reality is, and the Deep State doesn't give a shit about your 4th Amendment rights.

:71:

But the point here is simple. Hollywood makes some hyperbolic TEE VEE or films, making such shit look stupid or bizarre, and no one thinks about the dangers, or gets acclimatized to the idea, so when it does come true? They won't think anything of it.

Of course the Deep State is plotting to strip everyone's freedom away, and they are creating a dystopian nightmare as we speak. To think otherwise? Is silly naivete.

Part of this new "vaccine," tech, is about the coming merging of machine and man. . . there are mind boggling changes coming, and they want folks to believe, it is all "conspiracy theory," until it is too late to deny what is self-evident.

Mainstream media, and the propaganda, is often used to discredit ideas and make into hyperbole, thoughts and ideas which are linked to truths, which the controllers of society don't want the masses to believe could possibly be true.

I remember reading an underground book by a rebellious oligarch, about the tech that the Deep State possessed, years before Edward Snowden became a whistle blower, which was related to the writings of Zbiegnew Bziensky's, "America in the Technocratic Age."

"ENEMY OF THE STATE" - (A Gene Hackman/Will Smith/Jon Voight Classic - Action/Thriller - 1998)​

The movie is from 1998. If anyone told you. . . this tech exists, and this is how things really are? Most folks would have told the person exposing the truth, you are a tin foil hatter. That is, if they made claims back then, that such tech exists. Now? It is a given. We all know that this shit is how reality is, and the Deep State doesn't give a shit about your 4th Amendment rights.

:71:

But the point here is simple. Hollywood makes some hyperbolic TEE VEE or films, making such shit look stupid or bizarre, and no one thinks about the dangers, or gets acclimatized to the idea, so when it does come true? They won't think anything of it.

Of course the Deep State is plotting to strip everyone's freedom away, and they are creating a dystopian nightmare as we speak. To think otherwise? Is silly naivete.

Part of this new "vaccine," tech, is about the coming merging of machine and man. . . there are mind boggling changes coming, and they want folks to believe, it is all "conspiracy theory," until it is too late to deny what is self-evident.

Paranoid much?

Paranoid much?
IMO?

I think you just want to libel me, because I have triggered you. You know I tell the truth.

Is it, or is it not a fact, that the establishment was gathering data on everyone, where, twenty-five years ago, most folks had the false assumption that it was not? AND? Would have been outraged had they known.

:dunno:

The Patriot Act, just made legal what was already going on.

:rolleyes:

Your name calling and protestations of me telling the truth do not change the truth.

This clown dismisses facts thst the CIA killed kennedy as a conspiracy theory and believes in the maguc bullet lone gunman theory despite the fact thst all 26 trained personal medical staff in dallas all the doctors thst examined his body said thst there was a an entrance wound to the front of the head and thst kennedy had a large exit wound in the back of the head. :rofl: :auiqs.jpg:

IMO?

I think you just want to libel me, because I have triggered you. You know I tell the truth.

Is it, or is it not a fact, that the establishment was gathering data on everyone, where, twenty-five years ago, most folks had the false assumption that it was not? AND? Would have been outraged had they known.

Your name calling and protestations of me telling the truth do not change the truth.
Yep his name calling obviously triggered the shill cause you told the truth.:abgg2q.jpg:

IMO?

Hey, remember when people laughed at Trump for claiming Obama was spying on him?

Massive, deep state cover ups on the scale people here are suggesting would require massive resources and an army of tightlipped drones that no government or organization on earth possesses.

It would require thousands and thousands of government employees to be secretly planning in tandem to create the sort of authoritarian super-science state you people think they’re creating. And it would require every single one of them to be keeping their mouths shut about it.

the larger the group of people a conspiracy theory would require to be true, the less likely that it is true.

Found this old clip from Newhart (the one we’re his character ran his own local-access tv show). Hilarious when the interview suddenly goes south around 2:00 mark. Nowadays this guy’s have his own twitter feed with followers who believe him.

Lol, this is going to be hilarious 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀.

IMO?

Did I name call you or just ask about your pastimes? But, yours is a typical response from people who are deeply into the conspiracy thing. Do I know there are deep file lots of people? I know there's one on me, and I'm still not paranoid, though I'm not too interesting anymore. If you are interesting, make changes, shut up, quit being interesting for 10 years, retire and forget it. You won't be paranoid either. For right now, just deal with it. Sleep well when you can, but I doubt you do. Who knows? Maybe you shouldn't.
Oh, and thanks for posting Enemy of The State. I love that movie!

Massive, deep state cover ups on the scale people here are suggesting would require massive resources and an army of tightlipped drones that no government or organization on earth possesses.

It would require thousands and thousands of government employees to be secretly planning in tandem to create the sort of authoritarian super-science state you people think they’re creating. And it would require every single one of them to be keeping their mouths shut about it.

the larger the group of people a conspiracy theory would require to be true, the less likely that it is true.

not really. Look at the Peter Styzok altering the final HIllary report. He did it, and everyone else just sort of pretended not to notice.

What it takes, is a culture of partisan corruption.

Conspiracy theories went mainstream when Trump was elected. After he got his ass kicked, they haven't gone anywhere, and have actually gotten worse.
That is because the FBI lied on FISA apps to spy on Trump's campaign, and then Obama, Biden, Rice, FBI, CIA all met in the WH to discuss how to frame Michael Flynn. The FBI funded the Steele Dossier that was created by Hillary's team to get the heat off of the DNC email leak.

Forum List

Back