Back in the day before video games

First it was freeze tag and then as I got older it evolved to cops and robbers. Good times indeed

Years ago we went on a trip to the Grand Canyon with our daughter and grandson. We all got out of the car to see the amazing vista while our grandson stayed in the car playing a video game.
I took my dog to the mountains. I intended to spend the weekend at a friend's cabin. I thought my dog could get in touch with her inner canine. I just pictured her sniffing trees, pissing on dead brush. Maybe chase a rabbit or squirrel.

She hated it. She got a dead leaf on her paw and spazzed out "get it OFF me". She ran up to the car and clawed at the door. She refused to even pee. I had to leave. She held herself until we got to civilized park grass.

So don't feel too bad about your grandson. Nature isn't for everyone.

Her favorite snack was baked brie en croute. She wasn't much of a dog's dog.

Last edited:
Grew up just north of the Oklahoma / Texas border.
Nobody locked the doors of their house at night.
Keys were left in the ignition of your unlocked car, and pickup trucks had gun racks in the back windows. There was no reason to take your rifles into the house at night because no one was going to steal them.
Doing that today would be foolish if not dangerous. .... :cool:

Last edited:
Keys were left in the ignition of your unlocked car, and pickup trucks had gun racks in the back windows. There was no reason to take your rifles into the house at night because no one was going to steal them.
I grew up with my stupid intellivision then my fav NES Nintendo

I was very well known in middle school as the “
Tennis and Nintendo kid “
Oddly my popularity plummeted in HS as I was still into middle school world and other kids were into partying

So I'm looking at my FB feed, and whenever ADS come up, I usually just block them. . . I don't even care what they are.

I don't know how they find out, with their meta-data, what you like, but somehow they do. . . one made me look deeper, I was curious about the comments on the AD.

,o1 a-3.jpg

Now. . . the game at the top is a well known board game in circles of those who played it back in the day. . . actually, it is the updated version. The older version that first came out in the 80's and 90's looked a little different than that version, which is clearly from post 2000, it is the popular game, "Axis & Allies."

Anyway, the hilarious thing, this was an AD for an On-line Strategy game, but all the commenters knew what game the top one was, and everyone, bar none, preferred the top game. And, most knew it wasn't the original 80's-90's version.

:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back