Bachmann putting her foot in her mouth.

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
She has a bad habit of repeating conversations that can't be verified. Now she's putting words into Obama's mouth. Even if she's not, he's surely not going to let the opportunity to attack to slip by. I think she just she signed her own death certificate.

She has a bad habit of repeating conversations that can't be verified. Now she's putting words into Obama's mouth. Even if she's not, he's surely not going to let the opportunity to attack to slip by. I think she just she signed her own death certificate.

You're watching the debate too? I have to watch it on one of our computers because it's not on FOX as promised.
OMG She's an idiot!

Sorry, can't; I'm at work for another 45 minutes or so.

I did just read an article where she talked out both side of her mouth, though.

She's always going on about smaller government, right? So what is this about?

Her approach includes scrapping the law that put new controls on the banks and other financial services businesses after the Wall Street meltdown of 2008. She said a new consumer protection bureau lacks accountability to Congress and puts too much power in the hands of regulators.

Bachman nailed the answer in the debate that its not Wall Street that needs to get punished for the "bailout" its the dems who setup Fannie & Freddie and the pushed the CRA that need to get jailed.

Besides, a bailout is a free money, a loan is what banks got and they paid back every dollar with interest. So whats the beef about loaning banks money to keep the US economy solvent.

• Banned
Obviously they weren't getting the job done on their own merits. Let them fail and make way for other businesses who can do the job without having to beg at the feet of the American taxpayer.

Obviously they weren't getting the job done on their own merits. Let them fail and make way for other businesses who can do the job without having to beg at the feet of the American taxpayer.

The government forces the banks to give loans to the unqualified, the unqualified default, and you want to punish the banks and not the pols??? Makes no sense to me.

Unless you're talking about GM's bailout? I don't see how losing GM could be a good thing. Bankruptcy would be wort it only if they got rid of the UAW and their goofy pensions.

Bachman nailed the answer in the debate that its not Wall Street that needs to get punished for the "bailout" its the dems who setup Fannie & Freddie and the pushed the CRA that need to get jailed.

Besides, a bailout is a free money, a loan is what banks got and they paid back every dollar with interest. So whats the beef about loaning banks money to keep the US economy solvent.

Hilarious. Republicans deregulated Wall Street at about the same time there was an accounting scandal at F/F. More than 70% of the mortgage market was moved to Wall Street. Wall Street was giving out mortgages like candy corn to any one who wanted one, where they bundled them together, insured them and sold them overseas as "securities". The insured securities were called by the name, "Derivatives". Heard that before? Derivatives?

When the "securities" tanked, Wall Street collected from such organizations as the "Lehman Brothers" where those securities had been "insured". "Lehman Brothers"? Ever hear that before?

Now, try to tie "derivatives" and "Lehman Brothers" to Freddie/Fannie and Barney Frank. Hold on a second. I need to get some popcorn and a soda. This is going to be hilarious.:popcorn:

New Topics

Forum List

Back