AZ court orders wedding invitation designers to serve LGBTP crowd

Gay marriage is legal, thus no business can discriminate against it. If you own a Jewish bakery, it is not legal to refuse to make a Christmas cake. A business owner cannot discriminate against the public for religious beliefs. If you believe being a Christian means you cannot accept homosexuality, you still cannot discriminate against it in your business activities.

Satan worshiping is legal too. However I doubt you'll find the courts ordering a Christian baker to make a "Hail Satan" wedding cake. The question is going to come down to whether or not homosexuality is a behavior or inborn. Mark my words. This is ultimately how they have to parse it out in order to resolve fundamental loggerheads in belief system vs belief system/ habitual behaviors.

Do you think the courts will force gay graphic designers to make huge billboards that say "homosexuality is a sin against God" for Christians who walk through their doors?

Mark your words!? Why would anyone do that?I don't think you've ever made a legal prediction here that has come true.

Gay marriage is legal, thus no business can discriminate against it. If you own a Jewish bakery, it is not legal to refuse to make a Christmas cake. A business owner cannot discriminate against the public for religious beliefs. If you believe being a Christian means you cannot accept homosexuality, you still cannot discriminate against it in your business activities.

Satan worshiping is legal too. However I doubt you'll find the courts ordering a Christian baker to make a "Hail Satan" wedding cake. The question is going to come down to whether or not homosexuality is a behavior or inborn. Mark my words. This is ultimately how they have to parse it out in order to resolve fundamental loggerheads in belief system vs belief system/ habitual behaviors.

Do you think the courts will force gay graphic designers to make huge billboards that say "homosexuality is a sin against God" for Christians who walk through their doors?
Not by me. Fix it

Gay marriage is legal, thus no business can discriminate against it.

Just to be technical.

Sexual Orientation is only covered by about half of State level public accommodation laws and is not mentioned in the Federal public law.

So ya, you can discriminate against homosexuals depending on where you live.

>>>>

Just to be technical.

Sexual Orientation is only covered by about half of State level public accommodation laws and is not mentioned in the Federal public law.

>>>>
Same sex marriage is legal in Arizona. In addition, a court has ordered these business owners to serve gay couples just like anyone else. So I'd say they cannot discriminate against them.

Just to be technical.

>>>>
I think that was the opinion of Hively v Ivy Tech.

Same sex marriage is legal in Arizona. In addition, a court has ordered these business owners to serve gay couples just like anyone else. So I'd say they cannot discriminate against them.

Since we're talking about behaviors, will a court force a gay graphic designer to print a billboard that says "Homosexuality is a sin against God" for Christian customers?

Same sex marriage being legal isn't part of the equation, the relevant part is the reason for discrimination which is sexual orientation.

Sexual Orientation isn't covered under AZ Public Accommodation law, the business ran afoul of a local ordinance in Phoenix. It doesn't change the fact that in most areas of the country it is legal to discriminate based on sexual orientation.

>>>>

I think that was the opinion of Hively v Ivy Tech.

Actually no. For a couple of reasons.

#1 Hively was about employment discrimination and not Public Accommodations which are different sections of the law.

#2 The employer in Hively had the case dismissed by the District Court, which was upheld by the Appeals Court, but that was reversed on appeal review en banc by the 7th Circurit Court of Appeals. (BTW - that means that Hively won in court.) The employer decided not to appeal to the SCOTUS so the 7th's reversal of the district court stands.

>>>>

You don't think the courts would enforce the laws if a Christian baker discriminated against Satanists? You haven't been paying attention.

You use the identical twins as an example, but it is actually a meaningless one, in and of itself. That one twin is gay and one is straight proves nothing.

It proves it's behavioral. So it does prove something.

Identical Twins' Genes Are Not Identical

So identical twins are not identical in every way. So your claim actually proves it is not behavioral. The twins, while very slightly different, will likely have very, very similar lives. The idea that people are gay because they were sexually abused is shot down, since twins would likely both be abused.

That's why some of us will never even consider opening or running a business. The State should have no Right to tell me that I have to violate my Morals and Values. Especially considering how immoral and valueless this American Government is. So, until the Government gets the hell out of the business of telling private citizens and businesses how they much conduct their affairs, many of us will choose not to be in business because our Morals are more valuable to us than a profit might be.

Jeez, this is what is wrong with our society. YOu think YOUR morals should be enforced for everyone else. But you want YOUR freedom.

And selling a cake or invitations does not show support for gay marriage. It shows you produce a product for which you are paid. Period.

Yes but religion is constitutionally-protected behavior.

Actually that's not true. The constitution says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

So states are free to restrict religion how they please. THINK
No, because the Supreme Court applied that and the entire Bill of Rights to the States as well. THINK and LEARN, dumbass.

HAHAHA. You blithering idiot. The SC is not allowed to rewrite the constitution. If you want to change the C, you have to go thru the amending process. THINK

Can anyone explain why we have laws FORCING businesses to serve child-molesting faggots but letting them refuse service to white nationalists??
Because child molesters overwhelmingly accepted tend to be heterosexual and white nationalists overwhelmingly promote hatred.

HAHAHA. Please learn spelling and english grammar. Nobody knows what you just posted, you illiterate nitwit.

That's why some of us will never even consider opening or running a business. The State should have no Right to tell me that I have to violate my Morals and Values. Especially considering how immoral and valueless this American Government is. So, until the Government gets the hell out of the business of telling private citizens and businesses how they much conduct their affairs, many of us will choose not to be in business because our Morals are more valuable to us than a profit might be.

We need to bring back the right of free association. People are allowed to refuse anyone entrance to their home and the same should apply to a business.

We need to bring back the right of free association. People are allowed to refuse anyone entrance to their home and the same should apply to a business.

Agreed. So long as it is a private business or home the Government should have no say in who is or is not allowed to be there. Only the owner/operator of the property should have that Right.

Forum List

Back