Australian Kids Face Birthday Candle Ban

When our government offers advice for a better life - I pay attention. I especially value health advice from CDC and NIH.

So if the government tells you to eat nothing but soy and oranges, you would belive them and follow it.

More importantly you would force others to do the same?

When our government offers advice for a better life - I pay attention. I especially value health advice from CDC and NIH.

So if the government tells you to eat nothing but soy and oranges, you would belive them and follow it.

Actually, I believe I said "I pay attention"...

And birthday cupcakes vs. birthday cakes is a "better" life"

Also its something a government has to get involved in discussing?

Yes, unless you would rather trust corporations to inform and protect you...

Yes, unless you would rather trust corporations to inform and protect you...

How does the evil corporate empire get involved in the birthday cake vs. birthday cupcake discussion? Is there some large cake cartel that will be impacted here?

So I guess in Australia you can blow your own candle, but not your buddy's.

The "ban" is a pure lie.

This is from "Staying Healthy: Preventing infectious diseases in early childhood education and care services (5th Edition)" where the rumor is borne from:

"Staying Healthy is best practice advice to help child care centres make good decisions for children in their care, not a new set of rules. The advice aims to reduce the risk of serious infections and infectious diseases spreading through child care centres to the children’s families, the workers and the community. It’s not about keeping children away from all germs. Assertions that cakes and candles will be “banned” are incorrect"
Staying Healthy: Preventing infectious diseases in early childhood education and care services (5th Edition) | National Health and Medical Research Council

It might as well be. If cupcakes instead of birthday cakes are considered "best practice" and said best practice is ignored, if a kid gets sick a dies around the time there was a birthday cake, well, shucks, best practices werent followed, its the cakes fault, thus its the party throwers fault and the schools fault, and we should SUE THEM.

So every school that doesnt follow this opens themself up to liability.

A ban doesnt have to be called a ban to actually ban something, this is the weasel way of doing it.

That is so untrue. Staying Healthy: Preventing infectious diseases in early childhood education and care services (5th Edition)goes further to state, "however, not every centre will be able to implement the principles and the document allows for individual centres to use and implement the principles for keeping children healthy according to their philosophies and processes."......

C'mon man.....:doubt:

The "ban" is a pure lie.

This is from "Staying Healthy: Preventing infectious diseases in early childhood education and care services (5th Edition)" where the rumor is borne from:

"Staying Healthy is best practice advice to help child care centres make good decisions for children in their care, not a new set of rules. The advice aims to reduce the risk of serious infections and infectious diseases spreading through child care centres to the children’s families, the workers and the community. It’s not about keeping children away from all germs. Assertions that cakes and candles will be “banned” are incorrect"
Staying Healthy: Preventing infectious diseases in early childhood education and care services (5th Edition) | National Health and Medical Research Council

It might as well be. If cupcakes instead of birthday cakes are considered "best practice" and said best practice is ignored, if a kid gets sick a dies around the time there was a birthday cake, well, shucks, best practices werent followed, its the cakes fault, thus its the party throwers fault and the schools fault, and we should SUE THEM.

A ban doesnt have to be called a ban to actually ban something, this is the weasel way of doing it.

That is so untrue. Staying Healthy: Preventing infectious diseases in early childhood education and care services (5th Edition)goes further to state, "however, not every centre will be able to implement the principles and the document allows for individual centres to use and implement the principles for keeping children healthy according to their philosophies and processes."......

Yea, so, Mr school superintendent, you had a document that told you that the preferred method of having birthday parties was with cupcakes, you used a regular cake, the kid blew out the candles, and 3 days later little suzie caught the flu. Wouldnt you say your use of a birthday cake was negligent?

Never been around lawyers much, eh?

Yea, so, Mr school superintendent, you had a document that told you that the preferred method of having birthday parties was with cupcakes, you used a regular cake, the kid blew out the candles, and 3 days later little suzie caught the flu. Wouldnt you say your use of a birthday cake was negligent?

I been around one or two in my time. Any suit brought based upon your assertion would fail.

I been around one or two in my time. Any suit brought based upon your assertion would fail.

It would show the superintendent was made aware of some "risk" and then failed to follow the guidlines. Considering the vicitim was a child, and the group being sued was a school, sympathy would lead to a much easier case for the plantiff.

In the US we have trained construction workers who through their own negligence have an accident onsite, sue everyone else, and WIN settlements.

It would show the superintendent was made aware of some "risk" and then failed to follow the guidlines. Considering the vicitim was a child, and the group being sued was a school, sympathy would lead to a much easier case for the plantiff.

In the US we have trained construction workers who through their own negligence have an accident onsite, sue everyone else, and WIN settlements.

Again, the language which the defense would rely upon is "the document allows for individual centres to use and implement the principles for keeping children healthy according to their philosophies and processes." The plaintiffs would not win at trial.

Again, the language which the defense would rely upon is "the document allows for individual centres to use and implement the principles for keeping children healthy according to their philosophies and processes." The plaintiffs would not win at trial.

I have language in my contract that states the individual contractors are responsible for thier own safety, and the city and all its parties (including us) should be indemnified by said contractor. Yet I still got deposed and we got sued just the same.

The children in the same room are still breathing the same air. That's what they need to stop if they intend to stop the spread of airborne germs. Breathing.

No. More likely, the one bringing it would be paid off to get rid of him because it's cheaper than fighting it.

Some one actually made a decision to hire the individual who came up with this idiotic idea.

In Britain one of the latest ideas I saw to fight obesity was a suggestion to mandate car parks be one mile away from a person's work to force them to walk.

These are the Cass Sunstiiens of the planet. They scare the shit out of me. These bureaucrats are Mothers on estrogen replacement therapy laced with acid and meth.

No. More likely, the one bringing it would be paid off to get rid of him because it's cheaper than fighting it.

I disagree there is simply no merit to the argument.

Here's my deal. Fix the fucking pot holes. Your local whacked out elected councillors should stop trying to change the freaking universe pretending to be Leary.

Leave Carlos Castanada

Pick up garbage and fix those damn pot holes.

We are getting piggy backed double time. Yikes. I hope you know what I'm talking about. Whoa geese.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back