Audiophiles Hardware Questions

Picaro

Gold Member
Oct 31, 2010
Texas
Anybody here own a mid-range CD player/File player that handles the high res, Flac, and 24 bit/32 bit file formats? I'm upgrading to a small desktop system that only needs to drive a pair of decent high impedance headphones, but around 180 ohms headphones still need a lot of power I'm guessing, and none of the local stores carry much in the way of demo equipment. Any recommendations welcome; all I basically need is the player, a good quality pre-amp/amp with built in DAC, and high quality closed headphones; I can go up to $400-$600 each on the amp and player, and around $300-$400 for the closed phones, but I probably don't need to spend that much. I'm basically looking for reviews of stuff people already use or have used in the past.

I found a used Pioneer audio receiver that handles the high end file formats, but then I would still need the other stuff anyway, on the other hand I can pick it up for around $150 so I may get it anyway and kluge it as the input into a system I like.

I don't like mp3's, and prefer CD quality and up, is why the questions; mp3 is fine for pop, but I don't listen to much pop music.

Forum List

Back