"atlas shrugged" will change the face of american politics

Come on, Tug, play the man, and go see it, even if the bad lefties are laughing at you. I am Republican and I think both book and film are pieces of libertarian crap. But go for it, if you want.

The movie was "mostly" bad imo. It seemed more like a made for TV movie. I found it annoying that over and over and over the repeated free markets VS Government planning and "fairness."

There were about 12-20 people in the theater, I didn’t really look. There were 2 guys near me, one old and one maybe 35… The old guy would stop his feet while giggling out loud during every “Government regulation and control destroys out desire to be productive” speech. The old mother fucker would also hum “Mmmm Hmm!” probably 60ish times during the movie whenever the “Big business men” would tell off some Government loving peon. The younger guy would talk less often but again, I don’t need peoples useless, annoying commentary over a movie… I almost stop up and yelled at the old fat fucker, I was that fed up with hearing his giggling and other crap.

While I generally agreed with the argument of Free markets VS massive Government control, it was very very poorly done seeing as it was pushed to a point of boring as it kept repeating the same lines over and over… and over…… and again…..1 more time, no no, 1 more, and another….

The special effects were incredibly subpar, the acting seemed again like a TV movie and the story moved very slowly at points, dragging to get through far too many scenes. The only thing more annoying than the old dip shit man who seemed to feel it was his duty to talk over the movies the entire time was the line “who is Jon Gault.” It makes no fucking sense to say and by the end I still had no idea why people kept repeating it when even the characters claimed several times during the movies they had no idea wtf it means….

I never heard of the book until I saw the movie, and that was like 2 days ago... So no.

I assumed as much.

I watched part 1 on Netflix and thought it did a decent job, but I have read the book. I noticed that it was "preaching to the choir" in that it was assumed that the viewer had read the book.

I think that the speech on money by Francisco d'Aconia is one of the most powerful pieces of writing I've ever encountered; but it is perhaps too long for a film.

{"To trade by means of money is the code of the men of good will. Money rests on the axiom that every man is the owner of his mind and his effort. Money allows no power to prescribe the value of your effort except by the voluntary choice of the man who is willing to trade you his effort in return. Money permits you to obtain for your goods and your labor that which they are worth to the men who buy them, but no more. Money permits no deals except those to mutual benefit by the unforced judgment of the traders. Money demands of you the recognition that men must work for their own benefit, not for their own injury, for their gain, not their loss--the recognition that they are not beasts of burden, born to carry the weight of your misery--that you must offer them values, not wounds--that the common bond among men is not the exchange of suffering, but the exchange of GOODS. Money demands that you sell, not your weakness to men's stupidity, but your talent to their reason; it demands that you buy, not the shoddiest they offer, but the best your money can find. And when men live by trade--with reason, not force, as their final arbiter--it is the best product that wins, the best performance, then man of best judgment and highest ability--and the degree of a man's productiveness is the degree of his reward. This is the code of existence whose tool and symbol is money. Is this what you consider evil? }

Unhinged2008 is a prime example of how taking a fantasy novel too seriously can fuck up your psyche.

Arty well exemplifies why this movie won't do well. Sadly, much of America is far too stupid to grasp the concepts presented.

Philosophy in general is not well suited to the screen. Epistemology is a discipline that requires one to ponder, to consider.

A dolt like Arty would not consider ideas in any setting, but for those who have the intellect to grasp such things, the silver screen is a poor medium to present them on.

So, "Atlas Shrugged 2: Electric Bugaloo" has tanked just as badly as part I did, losing just as many millions.

Will part 3 get made? They'll have to find another entirely new cast again. Even the Part 2 cast of hasbeens, neverwases and whothehellisthats won't want their resumes stained by further association with the franchise.

Naturally, the true believers will be unable to accept that the movie simply stank, and that the philosophy in it is retarded. That's why they're proclaiming how everyone but themselves is just too stupid to see the obvious brilliance in Rand's fantasy novel.

atlass.gif

So, "Atlas Shrugged 2: Electric Bugaloo" has tanked just as badly as part I did, losing just as many millions.

I realize that you're a hate filled, mindless hack, but Pt.1 made a nice profit. Video and Netflix were/are brisk. Pt. 2 will also do well.

Will part 3 get made? They'll have to find another entirely new cast again. Even the Part 2 cast of hasbeens, neverwases and whothehellisthats won't want their resumes stained by further association with the franchise.

Will you cry when it's made?

Will you hide under your bed and pull the wings off cock roaches?

Naturally, the true believers will be unable to accept that the movie simply stank, and that the philosophy in it is retarded. That's why they're proclaiming how everyone but themselves is just too stupid to see the obvious brilliance in Rand's fantasy novel.

You lacked the intellect to grasp the book (but in fairness, you did seem to get the main plot of "Green Eggs and Ham!") so what would make you think you had the IQ point requisite to grasp the movies.

Oh, that's right, you never saw them, you're just spewing shit because you're a leftist.

Carry on.

You said the world would not move if Obama were elected, Uncensored.

Romney seems to have a real chance to win, which pleases me no end, and I am looking forward to we good guys and girls purging anyone who even thinks like you from the party.

Forum List

Back