Atheists want God out of Ky. homeland security

Then, your god is an asshole for allowing 9/11, the holocaust, and the black death.
I am not suprised you would say such. I consider it more like the people of this beautiful country they have been given have abused what God gave them and in that he did turn His head and allowed it to happen.

I am not suprised you would say such. I consider it more like the people of this beautiful country they have been given have abused what God gave them and in that he did turn His head and allowed it to happen.

So, in your opinion, 9/11 was punishment from God, and God WILLED it?

Was the Holocaust also God-willed?

So, in your opinion, 9/11 was punishment from God, and God WILLED it?

Was the Holocaust also God-willed?
I just told ou He turned His head. Do you really think that a nation will recieve absolute protection from God when you have decided that nation shall not follow His will? Or that nation will abandon Him in favor of a populace that may be attempting to please one another yet willing to deny the Creator should be protected?

If so you are in error. Any nation that denies God will and has been given over to be consumed by evil. It may not be obvious to you but that is your problem not mine. For a professed twenty year Sunday school teacher you sure are ignorant concerning what the Bible/Torah says that will and has already happened.

I disagree with you Amanda. God can and will intervene at His will.

I didn't say he couldn't intervene, just that he won't necessarily intervene just because something bad will result.

That he allows his name to be abused by printing it on government documents and making schoolchildren and participants in the justice system say it in oaths is further proof that he is lax in his job.

That he allows his name to be abused by printing it on government documents and making schoolchildren and participants in the justice system say it in oaths is further proof that he is lax in his job.
Nah, God is always right on spot with whatever He allows or disallows.

The founding fathers also separated church from state...

But mostly, athiests get to do what they want, same as believers... but there's nothing separating a "lack of belief in G-d" from "state" in the constitution... it's a little stickier when we bring G-d into the mix.

It's not about whether we're talking about mythology or not... but it IS about what can be intertwined with our government. I'm pretty sure the good Kentucky Christians would be very cranky if they were faced with legislation saying "with the help of Allah....."... or "Hashem"... or.. well, you get the picture.

Stop making sense, will ya!

I just told ou He turned His head. Do you really think that a nation will recieve absolute protection from God when you have decided that nation shall not follow His will? Or that nation will abandon Him in favor of a populace that may be attempting to please one another yet willing to deny the Creator should be protected?

If what you say is true, God is evil.

Kentucky 1891, Preamble. We, the people of the Commonwealth are grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties….......Kentucky Constitution

Exactly. I would bet the people of Kentucky, like most US states, are overwhelmingly Christian. If they want to mention God in their official documents I don't see why it's a problem.

And just to be clear, if the people of Kentucky were overwhelmingly Muslim I would think it was ok if they wanted to put Allah into their stuff. If anyone didn't like it they could always move, it IS a free country afterall.

Forum List

Back