Atheism is a golden opportunity to believe nothing matters

If there is no God, then people who prosper through wicked deeds get away with it and people who make sacrifices to do good deeds are never rewarded.

I guess it matters to me.

Why would anyone pass that up?
On the contrary, atheism is a good reason to believe everything matters!

You only get one shot. Get it right the first time!
If that is true, why are so many atheists so eager to end people's lives through abortion and euthanasia?

You would think atheists would value human life MORE, but the opposite is true.

If that is true, why are so many atheists so eager to end people's lives through abortion and euthanasia?

You know nothing about atheism or atheists. The straw men you have made up to represent what you imagine are absurd.

You know nothing about atheism or atheists. The straw men you have made up to represent what you imagine are absurd.
The French Revolution was led by atheists. They murdered many thousands of people.

The Communists are atheists. They've murdered many millions of people.

Tell me, what is it about atheists you want to tell me?

The French Revolution was led by atheists. They murdered many thousands of people.

I've tried in the past, but you are unteachable. Believe what you want, and I'll just laugh at you. and occasionally remind you that you are an idiot.

Most religions have a rather sharply defined moral code, but atheism has none. Morality is strictly subjective to an atheist.

What they feel is the whole of the law.

Most religions have a rather sharply defined moral code, but atheism has none. Morality is strictly subjective to an atheist.

What they feel is the whole of the law.
Morality is strictly subjective to everyone.

Not really what happened with the French, but I don't know enough about communism's relationship to religion to comment on the second one.

You did not deny what I said.

I've tried in the past, but you are unteachable. Believe what you want, and I'll just laugh at you. and occasionally remind you that you are an idiot.

You have it backwards. Believing in a magical, eternal afterlife is a perfect excuse for why you can think nothing matters. Throw in the disgusting, immoral idea that any and all immoral acts can be forgiven by worshiping just the right sky daddy, and it can be open season on morals, ethics, and on other people.

The murderous communists simply replaced one religion with another: worship of Dear Leader.

So, nope, sorry ... you're still on religion, there, and all of your work still lies ahead of you.

Who said that you need a god or goddess to believe things matter? Sounds like a crutch or a control.

It's not for everyone, Bode. There are 2 types of people here on earth. Those who rely on the Lord, and those who think it wise to rely on their own understanding. There are those who believe and those who do not.

Here's the thing, if I believe, and am wrong, I have risked nothing. When I die I simply cease to exist.
But, if I don't believe and I am wrong, I forfeit everything, for eternity.
If I were to trust myself, I would hope that I was smart enough to weigh the odds, and decide that it is in my best interest to believe in higher power!

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Forum List

Back