Atheism; An Intellectual Dead End

God is just as good as an answer to the first cause as anything else.

not your god of the 4th century ...
There is only one God. How many do you believe there are?
There is only one God. How many do you believe there are?

the Almighty God and the multitude of Free Spirits that comprise innumerable gods of infinite characters.
And how did you learn about the Almighty God?

seriously, do you have a link verifying the attributions for any of the figures within the 4th century compilation of your book. can you explain why not or why the history of christianity has been so one sided - why you are so vehemently opposed against people making their own choices that you attempt to write laws and other means to oppress them -

why does your religion lend itself entirely to the politics of hatred as demonstrated throughout history. fearing a free Spirit so much as having a need to kill them ...
Apparently I have more than you do. According to you, you have nothing.
I thought of another way im better than a lot of Christians and Christian values are finally catching up with me.

How many Christians went to churches as kids? What's up with taking your kids to a show that abuses animals? I've always known they were bad. Well finally Ringling brothers is closing for good. Thank god! Lol. Took him long enough to get Christians to understand it's a barbaric show.

Yet I instinctively knew.
I don't believe I have ever been to a circus. I must be better than you, right?
I just heard a nice saying. Hurt people hurt people. It is not my intention to hurt anyone so I'll keep that in mind moving forward
That's a damn good saying. Mind if I use it?
I think we can and should be free to have this discussion and atheists, for their own reasons, should be free to have this conversation.

If we think it's made up that's a pretty big lie people are swallowing so I think all people should be informed that the stories could be made up. But I have that conversation in this thread.

I've seen you start other threads about Christianity. It was for Christians so it would have been inappropriate for me to talk my shit in that thread.

Remember the title of this thread. Anyone coming here is asking for blunt comments from both sides.

I know lots of religious people who have come here but quickly move on. Cause belief is personal.and should stay that way

Because you can't prove something, it's eternal? That's not even logical, let alone totally made up.

And I've always said that atheists can't prove that a god is not possible. Are you drinking midweek again?
And I keep telling you that atheists do not claim that a god cannot exist - only that "God does not exist" is the rational position, until such time as evidence proves the position untenable.
So you are expecting to find natural evidence for a supernatural being?
I dispute the existence of a "supernatural" being. Nature is all-encompassing. As such, it is not possible for something to exist outside of everything.
Nature is all-encompassing. As such, it is not possible for something to exist outside of everything.

the genome of life is distinct from the physical nature it derives.
How so?

A genome is an organism's complete set of DNA, including all of its genes. Each genome contains all of the information needed to build and maintain that organism. In humans, a copy of the entire genome—more than 3 billion DNA base pairs—is contained in all cells that have a nucleus.

because the above is not in genesis is no reason to exclude its origin as directed by the Almighty and maintained by those that have advanced to the Everlasting.

seriously, do you have a link verifying the attributions for any of the figures within the 4th century compilation of your book. can you explain why not or why the history of christianity has been so one sided - why you are so vehemently opposed against people making their own choices that you attempt to write laws and other means to oppress them -

why does your religion lend itself entirely to the politics of hatred as demonstrated throughout history. fearing a free Spirit so much as having a need to kill them ...

you have the deaths of innocent people as the reality of your agenda disguised as a religion.

According to you ...

that is according to bing ... the righteous 4th century inquisitor.
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever, Isaiah 40.8
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever,

what has that have to do with your religions criminal acts of brutality ... other than coming from you those words are a hollow gesture.

not to mention belittling Flora for the sake of your god.
Why do you keep saying "your god?" There is only one God. As long as one let's Him know they are looking for Him, He'll find them.
Why do you keep saying "your god?" There is only one God. As long as one let's Him know they are looking for Him, He'll find them.

if you have not caught on by now you are simply dead ... your god is the 4th century political agenda disguised as a religion.

I thought of another way im better than a lot of Christians and Christian values are finally catching up with me.

How many Christians went to churches as kids? What's up with taking your kids to a show that abuses animals? I've always known they were bad. Well finally Ringling brothers is closing for good. Thank god! Lol. Took him long enough to get Christians to understand it's a barbaric show.

Yet I instinctively knew.
I don't believe I have ever been to a circus. I must be better than you, right?
I just heard a nice saying. Hurt people hurt people. It is not my intention to hurt anyone so I'll keep that in mind moving forward
That's a damn good saying. Mind if I use it?
I think we can and should be free to have this discussion and atheists, for their own reasons, should be free to have this conversation.

If we think it's made up that's a pretty big lie people are swallowing so I think all people should be informed that the stories could be made up. But I have that conversation in this thread.

I've seen you start other threads about Christianity. It was for Christians so it would have been inappropriate for me to talk my shit in that thread.

Remember the title of this thread. Anyone coming here is asking for blunt comments from both sides.

I know lots of religious people who have come here but quickly move on. Cause belief is personal.and should stay that way
Good points, but just because you believe it is made up doesn't mean that it is. It actually explains a lot. First of all you have to accept that nothing is as it seems. You should pretty much do the opposite of everything you see others do. When and if you can ever wrap your mind around the concept that everything is broken then you will have swallowed the red pill.

And I keep telling you that atheists do not claim that a god cannot exist - only that "God does not exist" is the rational position, until such time as evidence proves the position untenable.
I dispute the existence of a "supernatural" being. Nature is all-encompassing. As such, it is not possible for something to exist outside of everything.
Nature is all-encompassing. As such, it is not possible for something to exist outside of everything.

How so?

A genome is an organism's complete set of DNA, including all of its genes. Each genome contains all of the information needed to build and maintain that organism. In humans, a copy of the entire genome—more than 3 billion DNA base pairs—is contained in all cells that have a nucleus.

because the above is not in genesis is no reason to exclude its origin as directed by the Almighty and maintained by those that have advanced to the Everlasting.
That's what I thought you were talking about. So how is the genome distinct from the physical nature it derives and what do you mean by physical nature it derives? Derives from whom? It's genome and what does this have to do with the Almighty?

Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Luke 12:7

you have the deaths of innocent people as the reality of your agenda disguised as a religion.

According to you ...

that is according to bing ... the righteous 4th century inquisitor.
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever, Isaiah 40.8
The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever,

what has that have to do with your religions criminal acts of brutality ... other than coming from you those words are a hollow gesture.

not to mention belittling Flora for the sake of your god.

if you have not caught on by now you are simply dead ... your god is the 4th century political agenda disguised as a religion.
I have not caught on because you have been less than forthcoming.

Because you can't prove something, it's eternal? That's not even logical, let alone totally made up.

And I've always said that atheists can't prove that a god is not possible. Are you drinking midweek again?
Dispute all you want. I have good reason for my belief. The universe had a beginning. What started it is beyond science. What happened after it can be studied. Matter evolved from subatomic particles into beings that know and create. The universe became self aware. The potential for this existed at the beginning. It occurred as a result of the laws of nature. Those laws of nature came into existence when space and time were created. Intelligence is the pinnacle of the evolution of matter. It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence. The 1st Cause is required. The attribute of the first cause must be eternal. God is just as good as an answer to the first cause as anything else.
Good for you. You have your beliefs. They are entirely unproven proven, but you have your beliefs. Just quit stating your beliefs as if they are facts. They aren't.
As long as you guys are going to keep asking for natural evidence of the supernatural, this will be my answer. The only evidence we have is of what He created.

Dispute all you want. I have good reason for my belief. The universe had a beginning. What started it is beyond science. What happened after it can be studied. Matter evolved from subatomic particles into beings that know and create. The universe became self aware. The potential for this existed at the beginning. It occurred as a result of the laws of nature. Those laws of nature came into existence when space and time were created. Intelligence is the pinnacle of the evolution of matter. It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence. The 1st Cause is required. The attribute of the first cause must be eternal. God is just as good as an answer to the first cause as anything else.
God as in the god of the bible who was so pooped after 6 days that he needed a day off?
Creating is so much fun that sometimes you have to force yourself to take a break from it.

Have you ever considered that in Genesis the story of the creation of heaven and earth was not ever about the creation of the universe or solar system but was always about a time, less than 10,000 years ago when divine law was established as a light that teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, true and false, right and wrong, good and evil, life and death, etc., in a world that had been covered in darkness and without form and void for billions of years?

Those who conform to the teaching of the law are of a rational and sober mind and belong to the world above, heaven, those who set aside the teaching and are ruled by their own impulses, fears, desires, confusion, and unrestrained imaginations are of the world below, the earth.

Nothing supernatural about that, its not rocket science, nothing arcane, suspension of disbelief not required.

Would you find that too hard to believe?

God as in the god of the bible who was so pooped after 6 days that he needed a day off?
Creating is so much fun that sometimes you have to force yourself to take a break from it.

Have you ever considered that in Genesis the story of the creation of heaven and earth was not ever about the creation of the universe or solar system but was always about a time, less than 10,000 years ago when divine law was established as a light that teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, true and false, right and wrong, good and evil, life and death, etc., in a world that had been covered in darkness and without form and void for billions of years?

Those who conform to the teaching of the law are of a rational and sober mind and belong to the world above, heaven, those who set aside the teaching and are ruled by their own impulses, fears, desires, confusion, and unrestrained imaginations are of the world below, the earth.

Nothing supernatural about that, its not rocket science, suspension of disbelief not required.

Yes and no.

Ummmm...okay? I have no idea what your point here is, or how it relates to my assertion that you are quoting, but, okay.
Ummmm...okay? I have no idea what your point here is, or how it relates to my assertion that you are quoting, but, okay.

the genome of life is physical in a different dimension than the physiology it produces. and I suppose you still disbelieve germs exist because you can not see them ...
I have never said anything about being seen. You seem to think that I have been demanding that God be visible. there are many invisible things that we can detect, and measure: gases, microbes, quantum matter, gravity, just to name a few. However, God has never been detected, nor has any scientific method to verify, or measure God, or the effect God has on the universe, ever been developed. As soon as it is, and there is objective evidence to verify the existence of God, let me know, let me study the verifiable, and repeatable results, and I'll be happy to revise my position.

the genome of life is physical in a different dimension than the physiology it produces. and I suppose you still disbelieve germs exist because you can not see them ...
I have never said anything about being seen. You seem to think that I have been demanding that God be visible. there are many invisible things that we can detect, and measure: gases, microbes, quantum matter, gravity, just to name a few. However, God has never been detected, nor has any scientific method to verify, or measure God ever been developed. As soon as it is, and there is objective evidence to verify the existence of God, let me know, let me study the verifiable, and repeatable results, and I'll be happy to revise my position.
What objective evidence could there be of a supernatural being? Are you really expecting some?

I have never said anything about being seen. You seem to think that I have been demanding that God be visible. there are many invisible things that we can detect, and measure: gases, microbes, quantum matter, gravity, just to name a few. However, God has never been detected, nor has any scientific method to verify, or measure God ever been developed. As soon as it is, and there is objective evidence to verify the existence of God, let me know, let me study the verifiable, and repeatable results, and I'll be happy to revise my position.
What objective evidence could there be of a supernatural being? Are you really expecting some?
How can something be outside of everything?

Nothing supernatural about that, its not rocket science, suspension of disbelief not required.

Yes and no.

If thats true then you should realize that arguing about whether God created the universe based on scripture is a baseless argument because that is not what the creation story in genesis is about.

Stop playing games already.

You believe that a three in one mangod performed supernatural demonstrations of divine power in full view of believers and unbelievers alike.

If even one so called miracle of Jesus was supernatural how is it possible that anyone would not have believed? With so many believers in the supernatural out there how is it possible that not even the one with the greatest faith can make a blind man see or turn water into wine?

Didn't Jesus say that believers would do what he was doing?

C'mon man, think.

You can do it!

Last edited:

How can something be outside of everything?
Easy. We are inside the box. What's not in the box is outside of the box.

Your Brain Is the Universe -- Part 1 | The Huffington Post

You believe that a three in one mangod performed supernatural demonstrations of divine power in full view of believers and unbelievers alike.

If even one so called miracle of Jesus was supernatural how is it possible that anyone would not have believed? With so many believers out there how is it possible that not even the one with the greatest faith can make a blind man see?

C'mon man, think.

You can do it!
They did and still do today. A significant percentage of the world's population do believe. Not bad for a criminal who was put to death by the superpower of the day after only a 3 1/2 year ministry.

Yes and no.

If thats true then you should realize that arguing about whether God created the universe based on scripture is a baseless argument because that is not what the creation story in genesis is about.
Some of it is.

If even one so called miracle of Jesus was supernatural how is it possible that anyone would not have believed? With so many believers out there how is it possible that not even the one with the greatest faith can make a blind man see?

C'mon man, think.

You can do it!
They did and still do today. A significant percentage of the world's population do believe. Not bad for a criminal who was put to death by the superpower of the day after only a 3 1/2 year ministry.

I'm not saying anything negative about Jesus. And I am not criticizing nor condemning the faith of believers in Jesus.

I am just pointing out that you all have the whole damn story all wrong.

C'mon man, think.

You can do it!

I'm not saying anything negative about Jesus. And I am not criticizing nor condemning the faith of believers in Jesus.

I am just pointing out that you all have the whole damn story all wrong.
Honest men can have honest differences of opinion.

Forum List

Back