At this moment, this Presidency is not going well

Good points, I disagree with all of them-matter of perspective. Economy is still better and the Dow drop gives Trump street cred at the summit, and it will bounce back. The China thing has good timing-Europe needs to wake up and Hong Kong is a thorn in the China 100 year plan. Our allies are not friends-maybe UK is. Any wall put up is a help and a signal to criminals that we won't allow squatters. There will always be racists but you don't bring in dirty ignorant diseased aliens to populate our country and give them benefits, or you are BEGGING for another El Paso.

It's not even that...

El Paso was tragedy and a failure of society to police up a psychopath along with a cultural abandonment of spiritual direction.

Some people have no belief in or fear of God, however you define religion, hence the worst thing you can do is throw them in prison? Even IF all religion is bullshit, the concept of one's soul in hell for eternity far outweighs any physical threat.

We shouldn't even need to explain why it's Weapons Grade Stupid to allow hordes of illiterate, unwashed, unvaccinated, impoverished and undocumented people into this country. Further, no one who anyone listens to is advocating closing the border or even reducing immigration.

Shit.... I've argued that we need MORE people to get into trades but it needs to be managed. People coming in should be expected to learn the language, follow the laws, and have hygiene, moral and health standards so that they fit into society.

There is NOTHING racist about it, no matter what bed wetting leftists who hate America say.

Don't tell me they don't hate America either. You can't be stupid enough to believe what those people believe and have escaped natural selection this long.

Come on guys, jeezus, let's at least try to stick with reality here.

The reality is Trump is a flawed man and is a mess but some of the things you wrote about, well one I believe is something he is correct on.

I will say it again I am not a Trump fanboy but he has not destroyed the country or world like many have believed he would and I am one that believed he would...

We now live in a nation where the federal authorities had to be ordered by a judge to provide toothbrushes to children in their custody. They didn’t want to give kids a way to brush their teeth.

Judges Rule Detained Migrant Children Entitled to Soap, Toothpaste

Really, let that sink in. You support a man who thinks that kids shouldn’t be entitled to soap and toothpaste while in custody of our federal authorities.

And now, it has come out that the same kids will not get the flu shot while in your blob’s care and custody.

3 migrant children have died from flu in custody, but US won't provide vaccines

So as more kids are put into the cage…some may have the flu…those already there are now susceptible to catching it, spreading it, dying from it.

And you’re going to vote for this piece of shit?

Actually he supports a man who if we followed him, there would be no Mexican illegals on American soil at all... the tax payer would also be freed from providing them infinite services.

But that's not okay with some as they want their delivery of kids guaranteed.

Not sure what is more hilarious…that you posted that or you may actually believe it.

No illegals? Wow..too damn funny

These are the people who voted for him...

National Farmers Union (NFU) President Roger Johnson issued the following statement

“It’s no surprise that China is slapping even more tariffs on American products. Every time Trump escalates his trade war, China calls his bluff – and why would we expect any differently this time around? And it’s no surprise that farmers are again the target. In just the past three years, U.S. soybean exports to China have fallen nearly 80 percent, and once these tariffs kick in, things are likely to get worse.

“Things have been difficult for farmers long before this trade war rolled around. Farmers are making half of what they were in 2013, and they’ve taken on record levels of debt just to keep their doors open. Chronic overproduction continues to push commodity prices down, and extreme weather events and higher temperatures caused by climate change have made the job of growing food that much more challenging. But instead of looking to solve existing problems in our agricultural sector, this administration has just created new ones. Between burning bridges with all of our biggest trading partners and undermining our domestic biofuels industry, President Trump is making things worse, not better.”
https://nfu.org/
The economics of this just aren't good, and from a purely political perspective Trump is taking a massive risk here.

Thanks Mac for your analysis.

My problem with China stealing technology from our tech companies, is that why is this our gvts problem? The tech companies left the U.S. to manufacture there... if they don't like it and can't control it.... they can leave.

Isn't that their cost, of doing business there? They can pick up and leave...

While Lobstermen here and farmers here spent their own business' s money cultivating good business relationships for their own industry are the ones being hurt
Well, the tech-stealing problem is wider and deeper than the location of our businesses. When they steal our tech, they dilute its global value, and that's a direct financial assault on our businesses. I can see a President defending our businesses and trying to stop this, but (a) I don't know how the hell this can be fixed when they're just not going to play fair, and (b) the only way Trump knows to address a problem is to beat on it with a club.

So the tariff situation can be "fixed", but I don't know what to do about tech theft overall.
but my point was, that if the tech problem can't be fixed for the tech industry,

THEN THEY can make the decision to move... our gvt did not work their deals with manufacturing over there... they did... and if the deal isn't good for them, like all other businesses, then they move on.

And if the Farmers selling to China, like their dealings with expanding their products to China and trust them, then they continue to do business with them or the Shoe Industry feels it is worth doing business in China and manufacturing their shoes in China, then they stay....etc. Designer Brands, the ones at the very top of the industry in shoes, have chosen NOT to make their shoes in China and have stayed in Italy and Spain because they do not want their design ideas stolen by the Chinese at least for one season.... after that first season, they expect to see knock offs of their prduct by all the moderate level shoe vendors, the following season.... these moderate vendors of shoes, are fine with China....

So each business or industry should be responsible for themselves and the risks they take, doing business outside of the USA....? They can always bring their manufacturing back to the USA.... yes, at a price.... But how much is priced in to the product made in China, to cover the losses of Tech theft?

Unemployment is at historic lows, especially for racial minorities.

Growth is far outpacing Obama's record.

And most importantly, America is now energy self sufficient. We are basically invincible economically to our nation's enemies.
Growth is far outpacing Obama's record? 2.1%? In what world?

In 2018 Trump beat Obama's record.
And? That's the best economy in a few decades?

Seriously. Come on. It really is okay to just be honest.

I remember the sad state of the economy under Obama, the "funemployment", people waiting in line for obamaphones.

It wasn't good, the ship really didn't come in for Obama's devotees
"Obama's economy" was spent dragging us out of the most complicated global financial disaster since the Great Depression.

While I wasn't fond of some things he did, I give him an "incomplete" there.

The financial panic of 2008 was largely resolved by the time Obama was immaculated. The Rx that Obama prescribed like the Porkulus and Cash for Cluckers program were ineffectual as well as the ACA which did nothing to save people money.

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment. Things could turn, and most of us continue to hope for the best. But, as of early morning, August 24, here we are:

The Economy
While the unemployment figures look very good on their face, they are clearly not translating to growth, especially at the cost of the exploding deficit that temporarily goosed the economy. GDP is currently at 2.1%, but we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that growth-push inflation may be ticking up, but the trade war is clearly effecting sentiment (not to mention data) at a terribly delicate moment. Right now, this is a decent economy, at best, with consumers lacking the resources to push it and their household debt above 2008 levels.

Trade With China
Our President doesn't appear to understand that China is paying attention. They realize quite well that he's trying to bully them into a trade deal, like an eight-year old boy trying to bully another child out of their lunch at the playground. Meanwhile, Trump exhibits zero (0) understanding of the fact that China can theoretically out-wait us here, since they don't have those pesky elections to worry about all that much if the populace gets pissed off. While anything is certainly possible, it's tough to imagine China making any long term commitments until after they see who they're dealing with in January of 2021.

International Relations
Our President has not only isolated himself and his country from the rest of the world with his actions, but also with his petulant behaviors. Even for those of us who have done all we can to lower our standards and expectations of his child-like behavior, the thought of this goofy, pointless dust-up with Denmark (Denmark!) makes us wonder if this man can get along with anyone outside his base. Meanwhile, the crazy fat kid in North Korea is shooting off rockets like he's in charge of the Fourth of July celebration at the park. Like China, the world is clearly looking ahead, with hope, to November 2020.

The Wall
Trump's signature, paranoid, shallow, hyper-simplistic election issue piece isn't exactly flying up with checks to pay for it coming in from Mexico. Even with the White House, House and Senate, this President wasn't able to do much more than slap up a few new two by fours to fix some areas of our existing wall. Any completely "new" wall is spotty at best, and now he's ready to steal cash from one place to placate his base with a few miles of a much less Trumpish wall here and there. Gee, great, so much for that idea. I guess "Build! The! Wall!" could still serve as a standby rally chant when needed.

Race
Well, examining this topic is most likely a waste of time here, since there are many on this board who are telling us that racism no longer exists, or it's fake news, or that if you don't show up to work wearing a white hood you can't be a racist. What a disaster. And minorities are supposed to ignore all of it, because the unemployment rate is down at the moment. While the sycophants continue to run interference for the President Who Doesn't Know Who David Duke is, the rest of the country and the rest of the world are simply not buying the bullshit. But it sure sounds good on talk radio.

The silver lining? By far the most "successful" component of the Trump years will probably turn out to be the courts. The SC is in good shape for them, and they now have the added bonus of hoping that Ruth is quickly ravaged by cancer and dies soon. Ditto (no pun intended) for the lower courts, the nominations of which don't make much news but sure look like Sean Hannity picked 'em.

Could the economy turn back up? Yes, definitely, hopefully, but some kind of GOOD trade deal with China is now pretty much mandatory for that to happen. The Courts are the Courts. They'll probably be able to gather enough Lego™ blocks to build enough of a wall somewhere to keep talk radio and the base happy. International Relations? Race Relations? Pffffft. Who cares. Fake news.
When one believes everything losers shout I can see your confusion

My problem with China stealing technology from our tech companies, is that why is this our gvts problem? The tech companies left the U.S. to manufacture there... if they don't like it and can't control it.... they can leave.

While Lobstermen here and farmers here spent their own business' s money cultivating good business relationships for their own industry are the ones being hurt
Well, the tech-stealing problem is wider and deeper than the location of our businesses. When they steal our tech, they dilute its global value, and that's a direct financial assault on our businesses. I can see a President defending our businesses and trying to stop this, but (a) I don't know how the hell this can be fixed when they're just not going to play fair, and (b) the only way Trump knows to address a problem is to beat on it with a club.

So the tariff situation can be "fixed", but I don't know what to do about tech theft overall.
but my point was, that if the tech problem can't be fixed for the tech industry,

THEN THEY can make the decision to move... our gvt did not work their deals with manufacturing over there... they did... and if the deal isn't good for them, like all other businesses, then they move on.

And if the Farmers selling to China, like their dealings with expanding their products to China and trust them, then they continue to do business with them or the Shoe Industry feels it is worth doing business in China and manufacturing their shoes in China, then they stay....etc. Designer Brands, the ones at the very top of the industry in shoes, have chosen NOT to make their shoes in China and have stayed in Italy and Spain because they do not want their design ideas stolen by the Chinese at least for one season.... after that first season, they expect to see knock offs of their prduct by all the moderate level shoe vendors, the following season.... these moderate vendors of shoes, are fine with China....

So each business or industry should be responsible for themselves and the risks they take, doing business outside of the USA....? They can always bring their manufacturing back to the USA.... yes, at a price.... But how much is priced in to the product made in China, to cover the losses of Tech theft?
Well, who knows what the hell Trump is expecting. He was probably just emoting like an angry child, as usual.

Whether it's tech or traditional manufacturing, we're there for one reason: Labor cost. So unless we find a comparable replacement, immediately, we remain over a barrel. The knockoffs are also an issue, to a lesser degree than tech.

What the hell are you doing, trying make sense of this??? :laugh:

The financial panic of 2008 was largely resolved by the time Obama was immaculated. The Rx that Obama prescribed like the Porkulus and Cash for Cluckers program were ineffectual as well as the ACA which did nothing to save people money.
That is insane. The effects of the crash were felt for a long time, and it could be argued they're STILL being felt.

Good gawd, come on.

Much to your dismay right comrade?
Go fuck yourself you leftist bigot. Trump is doing a good job, and if that sociopath hag you supported had won, we'd be in the 11th year of the longest recession ever.
Powerful, impressive stuff there.

Perhaps you can point out some specific areas of disagreement.

The article was not written in good faith so why would it warrant a reasonable answer? If you can't see that you need some glasses. It's a full on attack piece on Trump and nothing more.

By the way, why is there no link? I suspect the link would reveal the not so reasonable origins of the author....
It's not an article, there is no link, that's just me.

Ok, well then you need to learn the difference between a reasoned argument and an attack piece fueled by TDS.
Yeah, I know, fake news.

You're certainly welcome to point out where I'm wrong.
Sure we’re for a wall. We’re for tariffs, we’re for trump. You are simply recycling nonsense talking points

That's all great and well Mac, but, like everyone else, you are not taking into consideration that the investor class, the globalist, the corporatist... the elistist.. they all sold America out and made terrible deals for America because it was good for their investment ROI.
And the Democrats played a big role right along with the Republicans in creating this.

Not that it really matters to some, but we're not really in a good place at the moment. Things could turn, and most of us continue to hope for the best. But, as of early morning, August 24, here we are:

The Economy
While the unemployment figures look very good on their face, they are clearly not translating to growth, especially at the cost of the exploding deficit that temporarily goosed the economy. GDP is currently at 2.1%, but we can certainly remain hopeful that it will reverse course and increase. There have been spotty signs that growth-push inflation may be ticking up, but the trade war is clearly effecting sentiment (not to mention data) at a terribly delicate moment. Right now, this is a decent economy, at best, with consumers lacking the resources to push it and their household debt above 2008 levels.

Trade With China
Our President doesn't appear to understand that China is paying attention. They realize quite well that he's trying to bully them into a trade deal, like an eight-year old boy trying to bully another child out of their lunch at the playground. Meanwhile, Trump exhibits zero (0) understanding of the fact that China can theoretically out-wait us here, since they don't have those pesky elections to worry about all that much if the populace gets pissed off. While anything is certainly possible, it's tough to imagine China making any long term commitments until after they see who they're dealing with in January of 2021.

International Relations
Our President has not only isolated himself and his country from the rest of the world with his actions, but also with his petulant behaviors. Even for those of us who have done all we can to lower our standards and expectations of his child-like behavior, the thought of this goofy, pointless dust-up with Denmark (Denmark!) makes us wonder if this man can get along with anyone outside his base. Meanwhile, the crazy fat kid in North Korea is shooting off rockets like he's in charge of the Fourth of July celebration at the park. Like China, the world is clearly looking ahead, with hope, to November 2020.

The Wall
Trump's signature, paranoid, shallow, hyper-simplistic election issue piece isn't exactly flying up with checks to pay for it coming in from Mexico. Even with the White House, House and Senate, this President wasn't able to do much more than slap up a few new two by fours to fix some areas of our existing wall. Any completely "new" wall is spotty at best, and now he's ready to steal cash from one place to placate his base with a few miles of a much less Trumpish wall here and there. Gee, great, so much for that idea. I guess "Build! The! Wall!" could still serve as a standby rally chant when needed.

Race
Well, examining this topic is most likely a waste of time here, since there are many on this board who are telling us that racism no longer exists, or it's fake news, or that if you don't show up to work wearing a white hood you can't be a racist. What a disaster. And minorities are supposed to ignore all of it, because the unemployment rate is down at the moment. While the sycophants continue to run interference for the President Who Doesn't Know Who David Duke is, the rest of the country and the rest of the world are simply not buying the bullshit. But it sure sounds good on talk radio.

The silver lining? By far the most "successful" component of the Trump years will probably turn out to be the courts. The SC is in good shape for them, and they now have the added bonus of hoping that Ruth is quickly ravaged by cancer and dies soon. Ditto (no pun intended) for the lower courts, the nominations of which don't make much news but sure look like Sean Hannity picked 'em.

Could the economy turn back up? Yes, definitely, hopefully, but some kind of GOOD trade deal with China is now pretty much mandatory for that to happen. The Courts are the Courts. They'll probably be able to gather enough Lego™ blocks to build enough of a wall somewhere to keep talk radio and the base happy. International Relations? Race Relations? Pffffft. Who cares. Fake news.
When one believes everything losers shout I can see your confusion
Well, you're invited to show me where I'm wrong.

All you guys are giving me are insults and talk radio platitudes.

Go ahead. Start wherever you want.

That's all great and well Mac, but, like everyone else, you are not taking into consideration that the investor class, the globalist, the corporatist... the elistist.. they all sold America out and made terrible deals for America because it was good for their investment ROI.
And the Democrats played a big role right along with the Republicans in creating this.
So you're not disagreeing with my points, you're just letting Trump off the hook for all this.

Powerful, impressive stuff there.

Perhaps you can point out some specific areas of disagreement.

The article was not written in good faith so why would it warrant a reasonable answer? If you can't see that you need some glasses. It's a full on attack piece on Trump and nothing more.

By the way, why is there no link? I suspect the link would reveal the not so reasonable origins of the author....

Ok, well then you need to learn the difference between a reasoned argument and an attack piece fueled by TDS.
Yeah, I know, fake news.

Sure we’re for a wall. We’re for tariffs, we’re for trump. You are simply recycling nonsense talking points
Nonsense talking points?

I'll say it yet again: You're invited to show me where I am wrong.

Yeah, I know, fake news.

Nonsense talking points?

I did!

Yeah, I know, fake news.

Nonsense talking points?

I did!
Where? What post was that?

Yeah, I know, fake news.

Nonsense talking points?

I did!
Post #69.

by the way, all you posted was conjecture and opinion no evidence of anything. So wrong is no supporting evidence

That is insane. The effects of the crash were felt for a long time, and it could be argued they're STILL being felt.

Good gawd, come on.

The Trump economy is doing fine, what "effects" are you talking about?

People are working, the economy is growing, America is energy self sufficient.

In any event, if you think that America and the economy can do a lot better with Beto or Pocahontas coming in with the $94 Trillion New Green Deal, you'll have your opportunity next year. I see the current situation approaching normalcy, after the chaos of the O years.

Yeah, I know, fake news.

Nonsense talking points?

I did!
Post #69.

by the way, all you posted was conjecture and opinion no evidence of anything. So wrong is no supporting evidence
"Sure we’re for a wall. We’re for tariffs, we’re for trump."

That's it? That is showing me that my OP was incorrect?

Well, okay, I guess that's your level. Got it, thanks.

Nonsense talking points?

I did!
Post #69.

"Sure we’re for a wall. We’re for tariffs, we’re for trump."

That's it? That is showing me that my OP was incorrect?

Well, okay, I guess that's your level. Got it, thanks.
That we agree with his economic position, immigration, the trade and taking back what is ours. What you posted are the left talking points even down to race. Fk dude, don’t you have your own opinions?

Well, who knows what the hell Trump is expecting. He was probably just emoting like an angry child, as usual.

Whether it's tech or traditional manufacturing, we're there for one reason: Labor cost. So unless we find a comparable replacement, immediately, we remain over a barrel. The knockoffs are also an issue, to a lesser degree than tech.

What the hell are you doing, trying make sense of this??? :laugh:
:lol:
I was just thinking out loud! :D

Yes, cheap labor is why we are there in China, but the tech industry has taken that cheap labor and expects the rest of the US with its govt, to bail them out of their tech theft problem.... when it is THEIR problem... labor is so cheap, they add in the cost of their losses due to theft tech, and the widgets are still at a better/lower cost than manufacturing elsewhere.... still more profit in their pockets than say producing in Japan or the USA where proprietary technologies are safer etc

if it was not cheaper and they did not make more profit by being there, even with their technology theft, they would not be there... imho.

Our gvt should not be telling them to leave, our gvt should not be fighting their fights either, again, imo.

Forum List

Back