At least two Republican DAs want to prosecute Bidens: Rep. James Comer

Rumpole

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2023
While a few Republican DA's are hungry to get Biden, Hunter, et al., seems they are querying Comer for the dirt they can use to indict. Now we shall see if Comer's mouth is bigger than his plate. I suspect there's nothing on it to chew on, but it sure looks nice from a distance.

As my learned colleagues in academia are wont to say, the New York Post, founded by Alexander Hamilton, would not recognize what it has become. While it may not be a full-on tabloid, it bears all the hallmarks of one. Its appearance and style are reminiscent of the best of British tabloids, although it is not the kind of publication that garners awards for excellence in journalism. In fact, it has only managed to lay claim to one Pulitzer Prize, which is hardly an impressive record for any self-respecting journal of record. One might say that the NYPost exists somewhere between a serious news publication and a tabloid, but with its brazen and sensationalistic headlines, it sure looks like a tabloid to me. In the immortal words of that old adage, "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,....and you know the rest."

WASHINGTON — At least two local GOP prosecutors are looking at ways to charge President Biden and his family amid Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s prosecution of former President Donald Trump, House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer revealed Wednesday.

“I had two calls yesterday, one from a county attorney in Kentucky and one from a county attorney in Tennessee,” Comer (R-Ky.) told “Fox & Friends.” “They were Republican, obviously, both states are heavily Republican. They want to know if there are ways they can go after the Bidens now.”

Comer is leading a House Republican investigation into Joe Biden’s role in his family’s international business dealings in countries such as China and Ukraine. The lawmaker’s staff recently reviewed Suspicious Activity Reports filed by banks to the Treasury Department regarding possible criminal activity by the Biden family.

Last edited:
Yeah nothing political about two prosecutors in two different states who want to prosecute Biden based on an investigation that is still on going. I wonder what laws in those two states are being violated? I wonder how that Project Vertis investigation is going?

While a few Republican DA's are hungry to get Biden, Hunter, et al., seems they are querying Comer for the dirt they can use to indict. Now we shall see if Comer's mouth is bigger than his plate. I suspect there's nothing on it to chew on, but it sure looks nice from a distance.

As my learned colleagues in academia are wont to say, the New York Post, founded by Alexander Hamilton, would not recognize what it has become. While it may not be a full-on tabloid, it bears all the hallmarks of one. Its appearance and style are reminiscent of the best of British tabloids, although it is not the kind of publication that garners awards for excellence in journalism. In fact, it has only managed to lay claim to one Pulitzer Prize, which is hardly an impressive record for any self-respecting journal of record. One might say that the NYPost exists somewhere between a serious news publication and a tabloid, but with its brazen and sensationalistic headlines, it sure looks like a tabloid to me. In the immortal words of that old adage, "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,....and you know the rest."

WASHINGTON — At least two local GOP prosecutors are looking at ways to charge President Biden and his family amid Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s prosecution of former President Donald Trump, House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer revealed Wednesday.

“I had two calls yesterday, one from a county attorney in Kentucky and one from a county attorney in Tennessee,” Comer (R-Ky.) told “Fox & Friends.” “They were Republican, obviously, both states are heavily Republican. They want to know if there are ways they can go after the Bidens now.”

Comer is leading a House Republican investigation into Joe Biden’s role in his family’s international business dealings in countries such as China and Ukraine. The lawmaker’s staff recently reviewed Suspicious Activity Reports filed by banks to the Treasury Department regarding possible criminal activity by the Biden family.
The pussies should hurry up and do it then. I bet you they won't.

I'm not sure your point, Professor Rumpole.

Do you have some objection to local elected prosecutors investigating crimes by politicians and their families?

They cannot investigate when they have no jurisdiction. NY does because Trump's corporation is domiciled in NY and as a result, they have to file reports with the state of NY. Trump tried to claim that corporate money was used for legal fees when it was used for hush money on these reports.

Talk... talk... talk... blah..., blah... blah... wake me up when something actually happens... :auiqs.jpg:

They cannot investigate when they have no jurisdiction. NY does because Trump's corporation is domiciled in NY and as a result, they have to file reports with the state of NY. Trump tried to claim that corporate money was used for legal fees when it was used for hush money on these reports.
if they campaigned there they can investigate

I'm not sure your point, Professor Rumpole.

Do you have some objection to local elected prosecutors investigating crimes by politicians and their families?

If there be crimes, then no qualms. However, Rep Comer has yet to make public any substantiation for such a course of action.

These two DA's were hoping Rep Comer had something, based on his innuendo he has fed to the newspapers.

My gut feeling is that he has nothing, just as the Senate Judiciary Report had nothing.

But he sure wants you to believe he has something, got to feed something to the hungry base, eh, Seymour Flops?

But, what we are seeing more flops of, is that which evacuates Comer's mouth.

That, Seymour Flops, is the flap of the matter.

Cheers,
Rumpole

I thought you guys said a sitting president could not be indicted while in office, only impeached. That was the public ruling of the Trump department of justice. Are you saying the Biden justice department has made some change to policy to allow it?

Talk... talk... talk... blah..., blah... blah... wake me up when something actually happens... :auiqs.jpg:

After you wipe the sand out of your yes, pay closer attention to the forum you are in, for if you did, you'd go to the breaking news forum for 'something that happens'.

Cheers,
Rumpole

What crime?

I thought you guys said a sitting president could not be indicted while in office, only impeached.
We guys never said that. Mueller thought that during Trump, that's about it.
That was the public ruling of the Trump department of justice.
Not a 'public ruling', but an OLC memo written during the Nixon era..

It's important to note that the OLC memo is not a binding legal authority, but rather a legal opinion that has been relied upon by the Department of Justice in the past. The memo has been the subject of debate and controversy, and legal scholars hold different opinions on its validity and applicability.
Are you saying the Biden justice department has made some change to policy to allow it?

I wouldn't know. why do you ask?

They cannot investigate when they have no jurisdiction.
They can certainly investigate to determine whether they might have jurisdiction over crimes that may have been committed in their states. They won't be able to say much about an ongoing investigation, no matter how long it goes on. But leaks happen . . .

Since you have no objection at all to local elected prosecutors prosecuting national political figures from the opposite party, I don't know what your concern is.
NY does because Trump's corporation is domiciled in NY and as a result, they have to file reports with the state of NY. Trump tried to claim that corporate money was used for legal fees when it was used for hush money on these reports.
OMG! Can't we allow Professor Rumpole to have his thread without de-railing it with more Trump obsession?

Op does not know what the fuck he is posting about.
Oh, I don't know about that, Lord Long Rod, but if I did know what the fuck I was posting about,
you still wouldn't know what the fuck I was posting about, anyway, and I'm not convinced you'll ever know........

what the fuck I'm posting about.

Cheers,
Rumpole

After you wipe the sand out of your yes, pay closer attention to the forum you are in, for if you did, you'd go to the breaking news forum for 'something that happens'.

Cheers,
Rumpole
Translation: Wake me up when charges have been filed... :cool:

Forum List

Back